watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by Southcoastffc, September 01, 2023, 11:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Unless I've missed something, it seems he's staying at least until January.  No bad thing IMO.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

copthornemike

He can sign a pre contract agreement in January with any non English club.

The Rock

Counts as a signing really. Lot of fuss - but if he's in the squad's welcome him!

Not joking - some sagas are 24 hours, some a month.

Al-Fayed

We were still holding out for €15m on the final day of the transfer window with Monaco for our fourth choice defender who cost us £1.9m, played chicken and lost. He'll now go for pennies in January or nothing in the summer, as he's made it clear he's not signing another contract. We could have sold him for something like £8m, which has now been chucked down the toilet. £8m isn't far short of 20% of what we received for Mitro and it's now gone up in smoke. £8m could have bought CHO for free with a few million left over for his wages. Sorry, am I missing something reading the above posts, but how does this constitute good news and not terrible business?

Twig

Quote from: Benhamdoun on September 02, 2023, 08:11:20 AMWe were still holding out for €15m on the final day of the transfer window with Monaco for our fourth choice striker who cost us £1.9m, played chicken and lost. He'll now go for pennies in January or nothing in the summer, as he's made it clear he's not signing another contract. We could have sold him for something like £8m, which has now been chucked down the toilet. £8m isn't far short of 20% of what we received for Mitro and it's now gone up in smoke. £8m could have bought CHO for free with a few million left over for his wages. Sorry, am I missing something reading the above posts, but how does this constitute good news and not terrible business?

You lost me when you referred to "our fourth choice striker". Who?

hovewhite

Quote from: Benhamdoun on September 02, 2023, 08:11:20 AMWe were still holding out for €15m on the final day of the transfer window with Monaco for our fourth choice striker who cost us £1.9m, played chicken and lost. He'll now go for pennies in January or nothing in the summer, as he's made it clear he's not signing another contract. We could have sold him for something like £8m, which has now been chucked down the toilet. £8m isn't far short of 20% of what we received for Mitro and it's now gone up in smoke. £8m could have bought CHO for free with a few million left over for his wages. Sorry, am I missing something reading the above posts, but how does this constitute good news and not terrible business?
don't think Marco wanted to sell him.

Southcoastffc

Because Tosin is a good bloke, a good player and although we have 3 other decent CBs recent weeks have shown that 3 may not be enough. £8m is not of great significance.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

H4usuallysitting

If we stay up with Tosin, then £8m is peanut's.....and Tosin will be happy as he'll get a lovely signing on fee.....win for Fulham & win for Tosin

Carborundum

Quote from: Benhamdoun on September 02, 2023, 08:11:20 AM£8m could have bought CHO for free
Infinitely wise words

glenhodgso

Quote from: Carborundum on September 02, 2023, 09:44:07 AM
Quote from: Benhamdoun on September 02, 2023, 08:11:20 AM£8m could have bought CHO for free
Infinitely wise words

I don't think you can equate the two positions / players

bill taylors apprentice

Considering we got him in cheaply and he's not on huge money (reportedly £40,000 a week)
Keeping him as a good quality back up until Jan or the end of the season doesn't seem too bad a deal for the club.

OK, we lose a fee but we have time to find a replacement.
Obviously he needs to keep his head down despite his disappointment and be professional.