more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Haaland, Referee and Ream

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, September 03, 2023, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It would be interesting to know what Haaland was saying
to the referee and Ream when there was a 3-way short chat.
Haaland seemed to be complaining or 'pointing something out"      to the referee, but not in an aggressive way.
He can't have been moaning that the goal still stood.
Perhaps he was saying that the goal was offside, as he did
say after the game.
That would be interesting.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Lighthouse

One day. no doubt when two big clubs are involved. The coaches will have the bravery to take their teams off the pitch and refuse to play until new officials can be found. I would love it if one day we see a mass walk out by teams. I have always believed that we are just witnessing confusion and stupidity. But now I don't see past deliberate corruption. Not a week goes by that I am less angry about the game than the officiating.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SerbianLad

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 03, 2023, 03:33:06 PMOne day. no doubt when two big clubs are involved. The coaches will have the bravery to take their teams off the pitch and refuse to play until new officials can be found. I would love it if one day we see a mass walk out by teams. I have always believed that we are just witnessing confusion and stupidity. But now I don't see past deliberate corruption. Not a week goes by that I am less angry about the game than the officiating.
That happened once in Serbia, in a cup final between Vojvodina-Partizan in 2011. Vojvodina was playing much better but Partizan got an unfair penalty for their second goal and it was 1-2 Partizan. After that Vojvodina got an equalizer but the referee disallowed it unfairly. After that, Vojvodina was denied a clear penalty. In the 83rd minute, Vojvodina's president ordered Vojvodina's coaching staff to get the players of the pitch.

Vojvodina ended up losing the match 3-0 because they broke the rules, but the referee got suspended for a long time and relegated to the third tier after that. Vojvodina's coach got suspended as well.

So it did help in a way, the corrupt official got a pretty big punishment, but Vojvodina also suffered some big consequences as well.

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 03, 2023, 03:33:06 PMOne day. no doubt when two big clubs are involved. The coaches will have the bravery to take their teams off the pitch and refuse to play until new officials can be found. I would love it if one day we see a mass walk out by teams. I have always believed that we are just witnessing confusion and stupidity. But now I don't see past deliberate corruption. Not a week goes by that I am less angry about the game than the officiating.
No, things are not that bad and much better it happened against City, a game we were unlikely to win ,than against Luton a virtual six pointer.

alfie

Quote from: filham on September 03, 2023, 06:15:57 PM
No, things are not that bad and much better it happened against City, a game we were unlikely to win ,than against Luton a virtual six pointer.
I honestly do not believe there is corruption, I just think officials are pressured to make decisions that they perhaps would not normally make,  if it was the same ref then yes maybe.

Do you really honestly believe that all refs in the premiership are corrupt?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

DadCreature

I wouldn't be surprised if Haaland was telling the Ref that the call was wrong.  He's like that- I think he's (correctly) very confident in himself and thinks he will win anyway and doesn't need the help.  Followed him when he was at BVB and he seems like a great teammate- always first over to celebrate when another scored a goal. Don't think you can fake how happy he was.  He's just living a good life.

Willham

I agree with this, I remember a lower league team allowing the oppersition to score after a wrongly allowed goal.

Let the oppersition kick off and run the ball into the goal to even the game back out.

Something like this needs to done more regularly, someone mentioned they'd support a walk out in another thread and I'd totally stand by it too.

Something needs to give because this is ridiculous now.

Var checking decision, more like var checking club badge.

Willham

Quote from: alfie on September 03, 2023, 07:12:26 PM
I honestly do not believe there is corruption, I just think officials are pressured to make decisions that they perhaps would not normally make,  if it was the same ref then yes maybe.

I'm honestly beginning to edge that way,

It's everyone, all the time, it really can't be anything else other than total incompetence, but that's almost as harr to fathom then the corruption.

Do YOU honestly believe that ALL of the referees are incompetent?

I still try to hold onto the belief that something within the ref organisation that is flawed, seeing how hard and slow it is to reach prem level refing is something I think about a lot, a football player is fast tracked into a career in sorts because its known your prime is around 25 to 30, yet its almost impossible to get enough refereeing experience to reach prem level before 30, and we will have the same set of refs constantly barring big cock ups or the 1 ref who gets relegated at the end of the year.

This isn't a very good model for a ever changing and high energy job. You'd really want more movement.

That's a problem I think is within refereeing, the others go beyond, the fact that they get off scott free while making such big blunders, this also hurts refs in a way as it drives fans to resort to tyre slashing (as someone previously mentioned) death threats etc. Etc. But if rfans knew some repercussions were handed out they'd probably feel less likely to take matters into their own hands.

The refs really aren't consistent, today's match with arsenal, great that the ref iverturned his decision to give the penalty but where wad the yellow for havertz' dive? Its little things like that that show how badly these referees feel unable to make the right call, the ref in the England Spain women world cup went to card that spanish player for kicking the ball away then realised she'd already booked her, panicked and pulled her hand away from her pocket.

The referees need to taken account of and I feel while it seems counter intuitive, that'd solve the problem

Lighthouse

I think the system is corrupt. By that I mean the people running the game are corrupt. They will put pressure on officials and one only has to look at the way our political systems are run to see how easy it is to corrupt them. We know for a fact that the people that run our game want a European league and the Champions League is going that way. We know how Financial Fair Play will hinder the smaller clubs allowing the bigger ones to thrive. We know how changes in rules hinder the passion in the game. We know how interpretation changes week by week. So that is how easy it is to corrupt the system.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Presumably you heard Mike Deans interview this week? I'm gpbsmacked it's not more of a national scandal. He literally admits to making the incorrect decision to protect a 'mate'. He then went of Gillette soccer Saturday and when asked to further explain why he feels it was out of context, he said the official he's talking about isn't a mate but a close work colleague and mate made it seem worse.

This is a referee, admitting, to making an incorrect decision, through conscious reasoning, to manipulate a game. If that's not at least an isolated incident of corruption, I'm at a loss to describe what is without going too extreme in the definition.

Fulham Tup North

TBF I don't think Prem Refs are corrupt... I think most of them are simply incompetent and do not have the guts to upset the 'big' teams... it's easier to simply bottle it...
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ianthailand

But Alfie surely these refs can't be this incompetent they'd never get off park football officiating like many (especially VAR) have performed this season. We have played 5 games this season and (is it) 4 diabolical errors against us. I, like Lighthouse have always believed in the integrity of our officials but am now having serious doubts.
Editted thanks to Brawn i said 3 errors before. Wonder if we'll get more bad decisions than pages in the transfer rumour  topics?

ianthailand

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 04, 2023, 12:06:06 AMTBF I don't think Prem Refs are corrupt... I think most of them are simply incompetent and do not have the guts to upset the 'big' teams... it's easier to simply bottle it...
You may be right FTN but it is by far the worst group of refs we've had in my memory and i'm 75. How Atwell, Simon Hooper, Tim Robinson, David Coote, Darren Bond and Darren England get on the list beggars belief. The rest must be sh*te, think what division two spectators must have to put up with!

Woolly Mammoth

There is an explanation as to why the bad referees, or should i say poorer referees get higher and quicker promotion than more competent referees.

Because clubs in the lower levels of the football pyramid deliberately give these referees higher marks to get rid of them off their league levels to a higher league so they can retain the more popular common sense referees as opposed to the pompous and gutless referees who are no good to anyone.

Which explains why these kind of referees slip through to the higher levels despite their shortcomings.
Clubs at any level do not want them.
A bit like in Industry where toxic and useless individuals in the workplace are promoted to another department just to get rid of them, as they are not wanted in their current department.
Same goes for officials.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Back in the day I was involved in a conversation with a ref, he told us that at one game at Old Trafford he did not leave the ground for over 4 hours after it finished as he feared for his safety. People just don't want to be involved now, look at Sunday morning games when refs are attacked by parents. I believe a few refs come through that shouldn't but there is no one else.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't