Started by SerbianLad, September 27, 2023, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Blawarmy

Quote from: Lester Burnham on September 27, 2023, 11:15:30 PM
Quote from: IloveFFC on September 27, 2023, 11:00:44 PM
Quote from: KentFulham on September 27, 2023, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: IloveFFC on September 27, 2023, 10:55:08 PMThis game will be played (1 November) between Brighton (29 October) away and Man Utd at home(4 november at 12h30)

Silva will have to rotate the squad, schedule is difficult and very busy. Not even 72hours for the players rest between the games...

Paid professionals, they can do it.
Guys like Palhinha will rest in this game, we need him fresh. Premier is the most important.
Begs the question: how long does it take for an uninjured player, who is accorded the highest standard of physio care, to recover from a game?

3 days

Sgt Fulham

Pleased with that draw. Decent test against a team full of confidence, but a Championship team nonetheless. Full strength should see us through.

Thames Bank 1

See them off in next round and who knows. COYW

Thames Bank 1

Put our strongest side out, also Ipswich will be playing 3 games a week, due to championship fixture list

SerbianLad

Providing we win, I want Bournemouth, Blackburn, West Ham and Exeter to win their matches. Man U/Newcastle, Mansfield/Port Vale and Everton/Burnley isn't that important imo, as I'm not sure who I'd prefer in any of those 3 matches.

SerbianLad

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 27, 2023, 10:39:27 PMHonest question.When was the last time Manchester United played away in either one of the cup competitions? I seem to remember them playing pretty much all, if not all, cup games last season at home.
Nevermind, found an answer to my on question while scrolling through twitter.
Nothing suspicious there at all...

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Twig on September 27, 2023, 10:44:39 PMIf we can't get past Ipswich then we don't deserve to go deep into the cup. It's not an easy draw but one we should win.

100% this
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Andy S

I cannot argue with that draw. It's away to another championship side. We have to have a good chance

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Twig on September 27, 2023, 10:44:39 PMIf we can't get past Ipswich then we don't deserve to go deep into the cup. It's not an easy draw but one we should win.

+1

Nothing is guaranteed...but if Marco puts out a squad that loses to Ipswich I'll be pissed.   Yes, we've had a Mitro led squad knocked out of the cup by a lesser team... but this team ain't that.

ianthailand

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 27, 2023, 10:12:37 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 27, 2023, 10:05:50 PM2, 5 or 7

Agree at home. Any other teams will warrant our best team playing.

From a selfish perspective Ipswich away, but they are looking good at the mo.
Lucky young man. Do the lottery your luck's in.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: IloveFFC on September 27, 2023, 10:55:08 PMThis game will be played (1 November) between Brighton (29 October) away and Man Utd at home(4 november at 12h30)

Silva will have to rotate the squad, schedule is difficult and very busy. Not even 72hours for the players rest between the games...

That's very very disappointing news. The worst possible scheduling for us with a Sunday 2pm and Saturday 1230 either side.

My priority above all would be the cup but unfortunately most fans would choose a 13th rather than 14th place finish in the league over a cup run and I suspect we ll make several changes

bog

Agree 100%.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Let's be honest Man City are out but looking at that draw there will still be several big guns left in the last eight and unless there is a big fluke in the next draw our chances of progressing much further are small.Marco will have to decide where our priorities are and whether he fancies a cup ru.

ron

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 27, 2023, 10:44:40 PMIpswich flying high but shaky at the back.

As opposed to us, shaky at the front, and liable to be shaky at the back against breakaways...

btffc

Quote from: ron on September 28, 2023, 09:51:13 AM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 27, 2023, 10:44:40 PMIpswich flying high but shaky at the back.

As opposed to us, shaky at the front, and liable to be shaky at the back against breakaways...

We really do need to do something about the defending against counters. Everton, Brentford, Luton and Norwich all got way too many good chances in transition. Can't rely on Leno and poor finishing to bail us out forever. If I'm an opposing manager playing Fulham, I'd play a low block we can't break down(hopefully Iobi and Willian rounding into for fix this) and just look to hit us on the counter that we cant defend.

Woolly Mammoth

I don't get all these excuses for being tired, so let us chuck a cup match to allow some players to wash their hair that night.
Lots of players every week never play a full 90 minutes.
Adrenaline takes players to the wire if they are mentally strong.

I was at the game last night and Tom Cairney the alleged Captain for the night never broke sweat, bottled a couple of tackles and looked disinterested, so any rest hasn't done him any good.

A lot of the time it represented walking football with even slower build ups.
I remember when cup matches consisted of two teams going hammer and tongs at each other for 90 mins.
The few times it sprung into life was the build up and passing movements for Iwobi's  excellent finish, and when Norwich City's youngsters bombed forward at pace to breech our defence when we lost our shape.
One of the brighter performances was Toure the new left back who i thought did alright.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: SP on September 27, 2023, 10:05:59 PMExeter, Port Vale or Mansfield would be great.
Yes, I will go along with that as long as it is at the Cottage.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2023, 10:11:19 AMI don't get all these excuses for being tired, so let us chuck a cup match to allow some players to wash their hair that night.

I was at the game last night and Tom Cairney the alleged Captain for the night never broke sweat, bottled a couple of tackles and looked disinterested, so any rest hasn't done him any good.

I remember when cup matches consisted of two teams going hammer and tongs at each other for 90 mins.
The few times it sprung into life was the build up and passing movements for Iwobi's  excellent finish, and when Norwich City's youngsters bombed forward at pace to breech our defence when we lost our shape.
One of the brighter performances was Toure the new left back who i thought did alright.

It pains me to say it Woolly but I am beginning to think that Tom has mentally checked out and is now past his sell by date.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2023, 04:27:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2023, 10:11:19 AMI don't get all these excuses for being tired, so let us chuck a cup match to allow some players to wash their hair that night.

It pains me to say it Woolly but I am beginning to think that Tom has mentally checked out and is now past his sell by date.

I have to agree with you Twig he looked exactly like that, and as you say he seems to have mentally checked out, not a good example to younger players especially from a player wearing the Captains Arm Band.

Even if he is having a bad game, he can still run around.
Even his passing in general when he did touch the ball was either far too heavy and ended up going straight out of play from 10 yards or an unforced error resulting in a misplaced pass.

I just felt he never looked that bothered and for me that is disappointing and when things are not going our way, his captaincy is non existent and a poor example.

I can understand why he is no longer an automatic starter, but i did notice a real lack of commitment last night.
He walked off the pitch at the end of the game looking like he had just come out of the dry cleaners.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.