more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 01, 2023, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 01, 2023, 09:18:10 PMAny news on Traore
Not so much as far as I am aware. Silva just confirmed he's still out, muscle inury I think.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 01, 2023, 09:23:46 PM
Not so much as far as I am aware. Silva just confirmed he's still out, muscle inury I think.

When fit he's got to be up there with the best impact sub's

SerbianLad

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 01, 2023, 09:42:27 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on October 01, 2023, 09:23:46 PM

When fit he's got to be up there with the best impact sub's
I know some people aren't big fans of his performances for Fulham so far, but I actually really liked what I've seen so far. Think he'll be a great asset going forward.

C Block

Quote from: davew on October 01, 2023, 07:03:32 PM
Quote from: C Block on October 01, 2023, 10:40:05 AMThe one certainty for tomorrow night is that Raul Jimenez must start, that's not even up for debate.
Really, must start, why? He might be the best footballer and show the most charachter from our so called 3 strikers, the money from selling Mitro has certainly been well invested (in the bank) but sadly not on a PL quality striker. We are so weak up front!
Vinicius and Muniz are abysmal,and until we can make any additions in January Raul Jimenez will have to do, what the others need to do now is start supplying him some decent chances, I fancy him to score with some decent service.

Snibbo

I just hope Willian scores and actually celebrates

Thailand Mick

From the highlights I have watched this season in the Chelsea games sterling is the major threat so keep him quiet and that's half the job done. Regarding Traore he suffered a hamstring injury in a behind close doors friendly on international week,dont know how serious it was.

colinwhite

hovewhite

Must start vini as Raul seems not effective enough and has yet to get up to scoring any goal.

river phoenix

Quote from: C Block on October 01, 2023, 10:40:05 AMThe one certainty for tomorrow night is that Raul Jimenez must start, that's not even up for debate.

Because he is the best striker we currently have. Vini is decent but Raul is better all-around player.

wback

The best route to us being more 'creative' is probably to make sure we're using our inverted wingers in the way they're intended - get the full back overlapping them, cut inside and curl a ball towards the back post, with a midfielder joining, striker in the middle and the other winger coming in at the back post. It's almost a set move, and you see it plenty from teams like Arsenal (see their first goal vs. Bournemouth at the weekend). Done right, it's very hard to stop the cross coming in, and you just need to rinse and repeat until you catch the cross right and an attacker is free.

They key thing for us is going to be spreading the contributions around - 3-5 goals each from the midfielders, 5-8 from the wingers, 10 from the main striker, 5-8 from his backup etc.

One of the things you hear about relegated teams is they "lack confidence in front of goal" - you can see it already in Burnley and Sheff Utd. I don't think we have that particular problem yet.

Bassey the warrior

Question is will Iwobi start and if so, who will he come in for?

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 02, 2023, 09:36:31 AMQuestion is will Iwobi start and if so, who will he come in for?
Iwobi's goal and assist against Norwich must mean he is a cert.to start tonight, it isjust a question of which position, wide or behind the striker.
I fancy him behind the striker with Willian and wilson as inverted wingers to make three players capable of good shots on goal.

Mind you is it just possile that Silva could surprise us by starting Iwobi as the main striker.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on October 02, 2023, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 02, 2023, 09:36:31 AMQuestion is will Iwobi start and if so, who will he come in for?
Iwobi's goal and assist against Norwich must mean he is a cert.to start tonight, it isjust a question of which position, wide or behind the striker.
I fancy him behind the striker with Willian and wilson as inverted wingers to make three players capable of good shots on goal.

Mind you is it just possile that Silva could surprise us by starting Iwobi as the main striker.

That would be a waste of his talents.

demeant0r

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 02, 2023, 11:39:19 AM
Quote from: filham on October 02, 2023, 10:40:18 AM

That would be a waste of his talents.

I don't know, he seems to know where the goal is and he has the pace and trickiness to get in behind defences.

Tabby

Iwobi hasn't played on the wing thus far in any of his appearances (unless I missed something about the Norwich game). Doubt he will be starting there tonight.

Main question would be if he replaces Reed or Pereira.

Jim©

Quote from: Lazybones on October 01, 2023, 09:20:17 PMI don't have a sinking feeling. 

With Jackson and a couple of key defenders out, I think there's a fair chance that Fulham could pull this off.

It worries me that we are bottom of the league for shots this season and third bottom for shots on target.

Like many I have tended in this first weeks of the campaign to point my finger at the forwards not finishing, but I wonder whether the problem might not be just as much a question of supply as it is of finishing.  Anyway, fingers crossed there's lots of supply and and lots of finishing, enough get us over the line.

Pretty sure you're right as we're creating next to nothing. Iwobi has created more chances for Everton than anyone else last few seasons, for that reason he'd start over Reed for me.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Tabby on October 02, 2023, 01:42:03 PMIwobi hasn't played on the wing thus far in any of his appearances (unless I missed something about the Norwich game). Doubt he will be starting there tonight.

Main question would be if he replaces Reed or Pereira.
But he only has two sub appearances and one start for us, so he didn't really play much in any position for us so far. He spent most of his career on the wing, I have no doubts about his ability to play there and I'm sure Marco doesn't either.

Brawn

My team:

GK 17 B Leno

RB 2 K Tete (if fit)
RCB 31 I Diop
LCB 13 T Ream
LB 33 A Robinson

RCM 26 J Palhinha
LCM 6 H Reed

RAM 22 A Iwobi
CAM 18 A Pereira
LAM 20 Willian

ST 30 C Vinicius

Subs:
1 M Rodak
3 C Bassey
7 R Jimenez
8 H Wilson
10 T Cairney
12 K Ballo-Toure
14 B De Cordova-Reid
19 R Muniz
21 T Castagne
28 S Lukic

filham

Quote from: river phoenix on October 02, 2023, 08:03:33 AM

Because he is the best striker we currently have. Vini is decent but Raul is better all-around player.
Forget about who is the best player and just select the one most likely to score a goal.

bencher

If fit I fancy Lukic to get a start and maybe be involved in some goalmouth action