more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 01, 2023, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 02, 2023, 02:11:53 PM
Quote from: Tabby on October 02, 2023, 01:42:03 PMIwobi hasn't played on the wing thus far in any of his appearances (unless I missed something about the Norwich game). Doubt he will be starting there tonight.

Main question would be if he replaces Reed or Pereira.
But he only has two sub appearances and one start for us, so he didn't really play much in any position for us so far. He spent most of his career on the wing, I have no doubts about his ability to play there and I'm sure Marco doesn't either.
Ask an Everton fan where he is best suited to play. Moussa Dembele was a striker until he came here and became a box to box midfielder.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Tabby on October 02, 2023, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: Tabby on October 02, 2023, 01:42:03 PMIwobi hasn't played on the wing thus far in any of his appearances (unless I missed something about the Norwich game). Doubt he will be starting there tonight.

But he only has two sub appearances and one start for us, so he didn't really play much in any position for us so far. He spent most of his career on the wing, I have no doubts about his ability to play there and I'm sure Marco doesn't either.
Ask an Everton fan where he is best suited to play. Moussa Dembele was a striker until he came here and became a box to box midfielder.
I personally think he's best suited for no 10 role. Unfortunately, one of our best players in Pereira is playing there. Ao to maximise our chances of getting a good result I'd play both.

In our set up, I wouldn't be comfortable with Iwobi in Reed's role if we are playing anyone bar the relegation threatened teams, as I fear it would be too offensive set up. Therefore, in today's match, I believe Iwobi's best position would be on the right wing. If we struggle to create chances with Willian, Andreas and Iwobi in the same 11, it would mean that we'll probably struggle to create with any 11 we play, as in my opinion at least, those are our 3 most creative players.

Brawn

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 02, 2023, 06:12:47 PM

I personally think he's best suited for no 10 role. Unfortunately, one of our best players in Pereira is playing there. Ao to maximise our chances of getting a good result I'd play both.

In our set up, I wouldn't be comfortable with Iwobi in Reed's role if we are playing anyone bar the relegation threatened teams, as I fear it would be too offensive set up. Therefore, in today's match, I believe Iwobi's best position would be on the right wing. If we struggle to create chances with Willian, Andreas and Iwobi in the same 11, it would mean that we'll probably struggle to create with any 11 we play, as in my opinion at least, those are our 3 most creative players.

There's a joke about Chelsea there...

SerbianLad

Quote from: Brawn on October 02, 2023, 06:34:15 PM

There's a joke about Chelsea there...
:slap:

btffc

Honestly, I think I'd rather have Pereira on the wing rather than Iwobi. Iwobi seems to have exactly what we need through the middle with his ability to receive the ball in tight spaces then pick out a pass that Andreas just lacks. Andreas on the wing will still be there to take set pieces though Willian isn't too much of a drop off plus he'll have more space to send in crosses and he can still be a big part of the press.