watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 01, 2023, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

It seems a long wait for the Chelsea match but we are in with a chance against them if we can field an in form team that can deliver a couple of goals.

Leno
                      Tete      Diop       Ream    Robinson

Reed            Palhinha
                                     Iwobi
                          Wilson                  Willian
                                     Vinni
Impact Subs   Cairney  Jiminez BDR

C Block

The one certainty for tomorrow night is that Raul Jimenez must start, that's not even up for debate.

SerbianLad

I'd play this team:

Leno
Tete Diop Ream Robinson
    Reed Palhinha
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
      Jimenez

Thailand Mick

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 01, 2023, 10:57:03 AMI'd play this team:

Leno
Tete Diop Ream Robinson
    Reed Palhinha
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
      Jimenez
so would I

filham

Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 01, 2023, 11:14:41 AM

Leno
Tete Diop Ream Robinson
    Reed Palhinha
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
      Jimenez
so would I
We really are sruggling to score and we need a change in attack. Vinni with Iwobi behind him may be a worth trying in place of Jeminezand Periera.

Thames Bank 1

There is no way Andreas will be dropped, would like to see Awobi start, will need pace up front and at back against the scum

davew

Quote from: C Block on October 01, 2023, 10:40:05 AMThe one certainty for tomorrow night is that Raul Jimenez must start, that's not even up for debate.
Really, must start, why? He might be the best footballer and show the most charachter from our so called 3 strikers, the money from selling Mitro has certainly been well invested (in the bank) but sadly not on a PL quality striker. We are so weak up front!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Thames Bank 1

We basically have the same team that beat them last season, with a couple more quality players, we can do it again. COYW

KentFulham

Quote from: filham on October 01, 2023, 09:53:30 AMIt seems a long wait for the Chelsea match but we are in with a chance against them if we can field an in form team that can deliver a couple of goals.

Leno
                      Tete      Diop       Ream    Robinson

Reed            Palhinha
                                     Iwobi
                          Wilson                  Willian
                                     Vinni
Impact Subs   Cairney  Jiminez BDR

Vini wont start, he was even worse than Raul last week

davew

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on October 01, 2023, 07:22:09 PMWe basically have the same team that beat them last season, with a couple more quality players, we can do it again. COYW
We have sold our only recognised striker, Tete and Tosin are injured, well not sure about Tosin (fake news maybe) while that team down the road have spent how much in the last transfer window and sooner or later will produce a return on their spending, bad feeling that it will be 2moro. At least we will get to watch Fulham live on Sky and maybe even get a mention in the post match analysis.

SerbianLad

Quote from: davew on October 01, 2023, 07:31:11 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on October 01, 2023, 07:22:09 PMWe basically have the same team that beat them last season, with a couple more quality players, we can do it again. COYW
We have sold our only recognised striker, Tete and Tosin are injured, well not sure about Tosin 8fake news maybe) while that team down the road have spent how much in the last transfer window and sooner or later will produce a return on their spending, bad feeling that it will be 2moro. At least we will get to watch Fulham live on Sky and maybe even get a mention in the post match analysis.
Mitro didn't play in the Chelsea win last season. Tete could be back according to Silva.

Chelsea spent a lot last season too and it didn't click, no reason to fear them.  They look no better than last season and their starting striker is out for tomorrow. So are both of their rightbacks. We won more points than them this season while playing easier games on paper at least than us this season. If we play at our best level we'll win this imo.

davew

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 01, 2023, 07:59:18 PM
Quote from: davew on October 01, 2023, 07:31:11 PM
We have sold our only recognised striker, Tete and Tosin are injured, well not sure about Tosin 8fake news maybe) while that team down the road have spent how much in the last transfer window and sooner or later will produce a return on their spending, bad feeling that it will be 2moro. At least we will get to watch Fulham live on Sky and maybe even get a mention in the post match analysis.
Mitro didn't play in the Chelsea win last season. Tete could be back according to Silva.

Chelsea spent a lot last season too and it didn't click, no reason to fear them.  They look no better than last season and their starting striker is out for tomorrow. So are both of their rightbacks. We won more points than them this season while playing easier games on paper at least than us this season. If we play at our best level we'll win this imo.
Think you are wrong but hope you are right!

Thames Bank 1

What part is wrong

btffc

For me, Iwobi has to start. Could be in place of Reed, Pereira or Willian, but I think he has to be on the field otherwise we are woefully uncreative. Willian looks to be finding last year's form so I think he should be on the left which leaves the choice between Reed and Pereira. Dropping Pereira means losing his pressing and ability on set pieces and dropping Reed means losing some defensive bite in the midfield. Given those options I think we need the defense more as Chelsea will likely see a lot of the ball which means Pereira to the bench.

However, I do not expect Silva to actually drop Pereira

St Eve

Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 01, 2023, 11:14:41 AM

Leno
Tete Diop Ream Robinson
    Reed Palhinha
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
      Jimenez
so would I
Me too

SerbianLad

Quote from: btffc on October 01, 2023, 08:45:23 PMFor me, Iwobi has to start. Could be in place of Reed, Pereira or Willian, but I think he has to be on the field otherwise we are woefully uncreative. Willian looks to be finding last year's form so I think he should be on the left which leaves the choice between Reed and Pereira. Dropping Pereira means losing his pressing and ability on set pieces and dropping Reed means losing some defensive bite in the midfield. Given those options I think we need the defense more as Chelsea will likely see a lot of the ball which means Pereira to the bench.

However, I do not expect Silva to actually drop Pereira
Why couldn't he replace BDR/Wilson on the right? He played more than 100 times both as right winger/right midfielder and left winger/left midfielder. He's equally capable of playing on both wings.

I do agree with the lack of creativity though. That's why I proposed the
Iwobi-Andreas-Willian trio behind the striker. Those are the 3 most creative players we have.

davew

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on October 01, 2023, 08:37:36 PMWhat part is wrong
The last part of your comment "If we play at our best level we'll win this imo".

SerbianLad

Quote from: davew on October 01, 2023, 08:59:18 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on October 01, 2023, 08:37:36 PMWhat part is wrong
The last part of your comment "If we play at our best level we'll win this imo".
It was my comment not Thames Bank 1's, but I disagree with your opinion too. I guess we'll see soon enough. Hopefully I'm right for our sake 😁

H4usuallysitting

Lazybones

I don't have a sinking feeling. 

With Jackson and a couple of key defenders out, I think there's a fair chance that Fulham could pull this off.

It worries me that we are bottom of the league for shots this season and third bottom for shots on target.

Like many I have tended in this first weeks of the campaign to point my finger at the forwards not finishing, but I wonder whether the problem might not be just as much a question of supply as it is of finishing.  Anyway, fingers crossed there's lots of supply and and lots of finishing, enough get us over the line.