watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lineup for Sheffield United

Started by SerbianLad, October 03, 2023, 08:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

As soon as Ream started to talk about playing on until the next World Cup I began to worry. He was great last season but time catches up with us all.

Afraid that is looking true of Willian too.

That said, start on Saturday with the 11 that finished last night.

I think Bassey has to come in soon for Ream & Tete is imo a superior player than Castagne and should start when fit.

SP

Despite the disappointment of last night, this is a far more important fixture.

Attack them with pace & I'm hoping for a 4-1 victory (but no clean sheet).

LC

For me I would go with this, presuming Tete is fit: 

Leno
Tete Diop Bassey Robinson
       Reed Palhinha
           Iwobi
     Wilson Willian
         Vinicius

perry geyton

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 03, 2023, 09:35:25 AM
Quote from: KJS on October 03, 2023, 08:30:51 AMWhy drop Castagne he was our best player last night???

Because Tete is better?
I'm loving Castagne but his final ball can be a bit of a let down "so far" he's almost a right wing version of Robinson

Thames Bank 1

Sorry but Ream has to be dropped, bring in Basset, Ream on bench, give him a rest alongside Willian

C Block

Quote from: SP on October 03, 2023, 04:32:53 PMDespite the disappointment of last night, this is a far more important fixture.

Attack them with pace & I'm hoping for a 4-1 victory (but no clean sheet).
"Attack them with pace", be honest now, you haven't been to a game this season have you ? 🤣

Al-Fayed

Leno
Tete Bassey Ream Robinson
Pereira Palhinha
Iwobi Cairney Willian
Jimenez

Pereira is not creating much so play him further back as he's industrious. Sub Cairney when he's tired for BDR. Give Ream another chance as Diop is clumsy and also prone to unforced errors. Not entirely convinced by Bassey but he needs a proper run. Stick with Willian as I find it hard to believe that age is the reason his performances have declined since he's only 3 months older. Understand case for Vini but feel Jimenez has more class and has been hampered by starting line ups, especially lack of creativity of Wilson, Pereira and Harrison Reed. Vini has tended to come on when Cairney and Iwobi have also been subbed on and benefited from that.

SP

I'm expecting an open game. If we concede nearly two goals per game & they concede almost three it should be a good game for the neutrals.

bahay18

It's looking like a season too far for both Ream and Willian . We have the oldest average age starting  11 every week , we need fresh legs in there . Ream has been the weak link at the back in pretty every game apart from the arsenal game and palace ( mainly because they didn't try and attack).

Matt10

Leno

Castagne  Diop  Bassey  Robinson

Lukic    Palhinha

Iwobi       Pereira      Willian

Jimenez

btffc

Leno

Tete     Diop  Bassey  Robinson

Lukic    Palhinha

Castagne     Iwobi      Willian

Vinicius

davew

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on October 03, 2023, 05:55:56 PMSorry but Ream has to be dropped, bring in Basset, Ream on bench, give him a rest alongside Willian
Basset, sounds like a plan, but who is this guy?  ::smile::
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Rather sad all this criticism on here and also from me, that after 7 games and in most of them we have looked pretty ordinary but at least we are averaging more than a point a game which if it continues we would stay up for another year, what more do we want? PLENTY!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: LC on October 03, 2023, 04:48:14 PMFor me I would go with this, presuming Tete is fit: 

Leno
       Reed Palhinha
           Iwobi
     Wilson Willian
         Vinicius

I don't think Wilson deserves to start, he was ineffective and lazy. At least Pereira puts in the effort, even if his output has been lacking lately.

Twig

Quote from: davew on October 03, 2023, 08:11:29 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on October 03, 2023, 05:55:56 PMSorry but Ream has to be dropped, bring in Basset, Ream on bench, give him a rest alongside Willian
Basset, sounds like a plan, but who is this guy?  ::smile::

A bits and all sorts player, too liquorice for me.

LC

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 03, 2023, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: LC on October 03, 2023, 04:48:14 PMFor me I would go with this, presuming Tete is fit: 

Leno
       Reed Palhinha
           Iwobi
     Wilson Willian
         Vinicius

I don't think Wilson deserves to start, he was ineffective and lazy. At least Pereira puts in the effort, even if his output has been lacking lately.

To be fair I have fancied playing Andreas on the right for a little while now. Might be a good experiment

Matt10

Quote from: LC on October 03, 2023, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 03, 2023, 08:51:15 PM

Leno
       Reed Palhinha
           Iwobi
     Wilson Willian
         Vinicius

To be fair I have fancied playing Andreas on the right for a little while now. Might be a good experiment

Just image AP's crosses from the right. Wow, they'd be incredible.

SerbianLad

A revised lineup I'd pick, after finding out Adama, Tete and Tosin are still out, and after having more time to think:

Leno
Castagne Diop Bassey Robinson
       Lukic Palhinha
      BDR Iwobi Willian
            Vini

If Robinson is unavailable, due to reports of his injury in the USA media, then FBT is an obvious solution.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 06, 2023, 07:50:24 PMA revised lineup I'd pick, after finding out Adama, Tete and Tosin are still out, and after having more time to think:

Leno
Castagne Diop Bassey Robinson
       Lukic Palhinha
      BDR Iwobi Willian
            Vini

If Robinson is unavailable, due to reports of his injury in the USA media, then FBT is an obvious solution.

I agree with this team.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

demeant0r

Any advocates for two up top for this game?