watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lineup for Sheffield United

Started by SerbianLad, October 03, 2023, 08:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

A bit too early for this thread, but after watching that first half, I think we'll need to change quite a lot of the team.

If Traore and Tete are back fit, I'd go for:

Leno
Tete Diop Bassey Robinson
         Lukic Palhinha
     Traore Cairney Iwobi
              Vinicius

If Tete is still out, I'd play Castagne obviously, and if Traore is still out I'd play BDR.

KJS

Why drop Castagne he was our best player last night???

KJS

Leno
Robinson
Diop
Bassey
Castagne
Palhinha
Iwobi
Cairney
BDR
Willian /Traore if available
Vini

SerbianLad

Quote from: KJS on October 03, 2023, 08:30:51 AMWhy drop Castagne he was our best player last night???
I said he was our most dangerous player in the second in the post match thread. Still, Tete is for me the superior player. Castagne isn't as good defensively and while he gets in good positions his crossing isn't as consistent as Tete's, imo. Almost every cross Tete puts in is very good.

Cobh Fulham Fan

I too feel you cant drop Castagne after that performance last night!

Deeping_white

Quote from: KJS on October 03, 2023, 08:30:51 AMWhy drop Castagne he was our best player last night???

Because Tete is better?

Deeping_white

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 03, 2023, 08:26:14 AMA bit too early for this thread, but after watching that first half, I think we'll need to change quite a lot of the team.

Leno
         Lukic Palhinha
     Traore Cairney Iwobi
              Vinicius

If Tete is still out, I'd play Castagne obviously, and if Traore is still out I'd play BDR.

Making 8 changes is a bad idea because it'll lead to a lack of cohesion in a game we should be winning. At a max you want to make 3/4 and then shuffle out the other 2/3 the following week. Tete, Iwobi, Lukic are the three I would bring in this week, give Jimenez a chance with people who can make stuff happen behind him and Ream stays against a team that will let us have more of the ball, albeit both are getting towards last chance saloon

KentFulham

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 03, 2023, 08:26:14 AMA bit too early for this thread, but after watching that first half, I think we'll need to change quite a lot of the team.

Leno
         Lukic Palhinha
     Traore Cairney Iwobi
              Vinicius

Scrap the system, 1 up top is not working, the Mitro plan is no good without Mitro

Wingnut

I'd bring in Iwobi and Vini. No need to panic.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FFC1987

Leno
         Iwobi Palhinha
     Reid Pereria Willian
            Jimenez

I think I'd go with this and see how Iwobi fairs in the box to box dynamic role centrally. I've never rated him on the wing and feel he's almost wasted. He only looked a spark for Everton centrally as well. I've given Pereria the nod but I think you could also make the case for Cairney in front of him, or even Reed with Iwobi in his role. Iwobi no doubt presses as well, or maybe even better with his stronger build, but we might lose some in the delivery. I can;t see why Willian couldn't replace that though.

Jimenez up top but his time for me is wearing thin.

jayffc

Periera has been woeful this year

Iwobi at CAM
Traore at RW when fit
Lukic to push Reed.

God I hope we bring in Andre and a top striker in January + we potentially need an LW still if Willian is gonna continue this form.

SerbianLad

Am I the only one not entirely confortable with playing Iwobi in the number 8 role in our system? I think that as good as he was against Luton, he gave the ball away in some dangerous areas a few times, and he gave the ball away yesterday too. That's because he, like Andreas, play some risky moves, but I think that the system Marco plays requires a different profile there and also someone who is defesnively more solid. This week against Sheffield we might be okay, but I'd rather play Lukic or Reed there, even Cairney is better suited for that role imo. I see Iwobi as a number 10 who could play on the wing as well.

filham

Yes, possibly the best thing for us fans is to forget last night and focus on the next match as soon as possible.
Important we beat Sheffield United, fail to score again and lose and we join them as relegation candidates.

Think I will go for something like the second half line up from last night:-

Leno
                                   Tete     Diop      Ream    Robinson

Reed      Palhinha

Iwobi
                                      Wilson               Willian
                                                 Vinni

Each player to be given a firecracker for insertion in the rear passage to assist in a fast start. We really have to avoid a repeat of that first half performance from last night.

Coast94

Leno
Tete, Diop, Bassey, Robinson
Lukic, Palhinha
Wilson, Iwobi, BDR
Vini

Adama in for Wilson if fit.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 03, 2023, 09:42:20 AM

Leno
         Lukic Palhinha
     Traore Cairney Iwobi
              Vinicius

Making 8 changes is a bad idea because it'll lead to a lack of cohesion in a game we should be winning. At a max you want to make 3/4 and then shuffle out the other 2/3 the following week. Tete, Iwobi, Lukic are the three I would bring in this week, give Jimenez a chance with people who can make stuff happen behind him and Ream stays against a team that will let us have more of the ball, albeit both are getting towards last chance saloon
It's 7 but I do see your point. However, after a performance like that you do have to make a lot of changes imo. At least 3 or 4. I think all three of Iwobi, Cairney and Lukic improved us significantly when they came on,and I'd play all of them in all honesty.

JimOG

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2023, 11:09:19 AMYes, possibly the best thing for us fans is to forget last night and focus on the next match as soon as possible.
Important we beat Sheffield United, fail to score again and lose and we join them as relegation candidates.

Think I will go for something like the second half line up from last night:-

Leno
                                   Tete     Diop      Ream    Robinson

Reed      Palhinha

Iwobi
                                      Wilson               Willian
                                                 Vinni

Each player to be given a firecracker for insertion in the rear passage to assist in a fast start. We really have to avoid a repeat of that first half performance from last night.

Part of the early mayhem last night was Joao following Gallagher into the middle of the pitch leaving an inviting gap behind. Chelsea's quicker more athletic (& yes far far more expensive) forwards were able to get at an unprotected back 4. So if Reed is to play I'd like to see him lock down that space in front of Diop to let Joao freer to attack....

WolverineFFC

I'd put something close to the 11 who finished back out to start the match. The athleticism and creativity difference with TC, Sasa, and Iwobi out there was pretty stark.

Joao and Leno are the only starters who deserve to keep their places after last night in my opinion, but you can't make 7 or 8 changes and risk being so disjointed.

hovewhite

Quote from: KJS on October 03, 2023, 08:33:00 AMLeno
Robinson
Diop
Bassey
Castagne
Palhinha
Iwobi
Cairney
BDR
Vini
that line up far more positive,the saddest part of last night seeing ream looking past it ,as the man is a legend and still has part to play to help bring bassey on.

FFC1987

Quote from: hovewhite on October 03, 2023, 12:54:37 PM
Quote from: KJS on October 03, 2023, 08:33:00 AMLeno
Robinson
Diop
Bassey
Castagne
Palhinha
Iwobi
Cairney
BDR
Vini
that line up far more positive,the saddest part of last night seeing ream looking past it ,as the man is a legend and still has part to play to help bring bassey on.

In fairness to to Ream, he's a year older and had a big season last year so he might just need a rest.

hovewhite

Ream I hope it's a rest issue leave him out for a game and he can have a reset in fact if I was Marco I would have a shake up team wise and put  a few of them out.