News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Supporters Trust and others announce fan ticketing protest ahead of Man u

Started by General, October 11, 2023, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Lonegan

Vote with your feet, that's the only thing they will understand.
I was priced out of going to football matches years ago, with all the other bills I have to pay, I just could not justify spending so much money to watch a football match.
There's no way on earth I could afford to go now, luckily I did my 40 years, and I still manage to watch every game live.

hovewhite

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on October 11, 2023, 03:44:45 PMVote with your feet, that's the only thing they will understand.
I was priced out of going to football matches years ago, with all the other bills I have to pay, I just could not justify spending so much money to watch a football match.
There's no way on earth I could afford to go now, luckily I did my 40 years, and I still manage to watch every game live.
how do you watch them live Donnie?

Shredhead

how do you watch them live Donnie?
[/quote]  ::wink:: I'll tell you the next time I see you.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Twig

I'm all for this. I know that some of our cheaper ST's are still reasonable value but for anyone who can't justify a ST the alternatives are very expensive indeed. However my main issue is for those taking youngsters to a game, it used to be relatively affordable but nowadays it's eye watering. Our so called "family friendly" ethos seems to have gone up in a puff of smoke.

Ronnief

My son who lives in Germany comes over about 3 times a year to watch his favourite team Fulham. I as a season ticket holder would like to sit with him and my two grandsons. The price for changing my seat for these matches and the cost for one adult and two youngsters is more than the cost of my season ticket. Doesn't add up right to encourage him to come over with the boys. The boys occasionally watch Stuttgart and the cost for them is very low compared to Fulham.

_Putney_

I might struggle to get to this. Will the club offer coaches to the protest?

Southcoastffc

Interesting (and to me surprisingly anti) mix of views over on TIFF.  (Sorry about formatting)

NOT IN OUR NAME! -- too big for their boots spotted,

The Athletic | Football@TheAthleticFC
The Fulham Supporters' Trust (FST) have announced they will protest against Fulham's ticket pricing policy ahead of the visit of Manchester United next month.
======
ACCORDING TO the number 1 source for FFc info
the FST, elected by 1% of the FFC fanbase. have decided WITHOUT (key point) a vote from paying members!
to protest on WORLDWIDE TV infront of the widest audience possible . WELL NOT IN MY NAME! in fact we booing the FST
we fans pay 0.01% the owner they plan to make a fuss about has paid £800m and rising and then only this summer reduced it all to £30M
our club is therefore only £30M in debt thanks to the man the FST want to make out ALL FFc fans hate!!!?!!
disgraceFUL! time for SHAD TO HAVE A SONG IMO

Replies:
•    It is quite funny, the FST do seem very naiive. They complain about ticket prices and also take the opportunity to complain about the new stand not being fully operational. Despite the fact that Khans spent £80 million on it already and the reason's its delayed is the company building it went bust! The FST seem very infantile. Surprised they don'r end their statement screaming MUMMY!! DADDY!! It's not fair! Haha (NT) -- Truth hurts
•   
•    The people needed for the protest probably won't be there as can't afford to be! (NT) -- Waterboy,
•    Surely they could write to Esther Rantzen to express their "points of view". Or at least save the protests for something important e.g the government's shameful underfunding of the NHS and schools? (NT) -- Here to help,
•   
    or they could have held the protest and a written letter personally to Shad when he was in London the week prior? do you think Shad and tony will even see the protest? and even if the do watch the game , will they understand what the yellow cards on the 18th minute represent? (NT) -- donavon,

Genuine question, and not trying to be funny...but what do the yellow cards on the 18th minute represent? (NT) -- GTS, )
    18% increase in st prices (NT) -- Jimmy Hill's Chin,

•    I don't have an issue over pricing but this notion of an overly kind and generous benefactor when it's just not that simple. Every pound spent can either be categorised as investment into increasing the value of their own asset or to correct the mid management of that asset during their tenure. We were a premier league club when they bought us and although no club has a god given right to stay in the premier league we are only just back to where we were. (NT) -- Fulham Si,
•   
    You do realise there is no way on God's earth that the Khan's are going to recoup their investment right? They've put in £800 million- the club's worth nowhere near that much... (NT) -- Just sayin',
o   
   Exactly. If people think ticket pricing is going to recoup the Khans money, then they need to be expecting 10 grand season tickets and 1k per match seats for the next couple of decades. (NT) -- Same Old Story,

Re: I don't have an issue over pricing but this notion of an overly kind and generous benefactor when it's just not that simple. Every pound spent can either be categorised as investment into increasing the value of their own asset or to correct the mid management of that asset during their tenure. We were a premier league club when they bought us and although no club has a god given right to stay in the premier league we are only just back to where we were. (NT) -- £71.00 in the Hammersmith End they are issue's,

•    Message to the FST... the game is sold out... it is called supply and demand... and explains why lefties are always doomed to failure... (NT) -- Rupert,
•   
    The protest isn't really about £160 tickets for one game, it's the misguided pricing policy that prioritises tourist attendees over maintaining a long-term supporter base, aka "sustainability" that ownership claims to espouse. Maximising single game revenues only works in the PL and in truth we are likely to be relegated eventually. Supply will exceed demand for £100 tickets in the EFL. This pricing policy fiddles at the margins and FST are right to highlight the disproportionate risk attached (NT) -- Jungle J,
    )
    They're right to highlight this issue, but this action will only raise awareness. The Khans know that most Season Ticket holders will renew next season (if we stay up), and there will be sufficient demand for the remaining seats from existing supporters, new fans and 'tourists'. I think any real agency is held by existing season ticket holders. If we renew our ST's, attend all games, buy official merch, buy stadium snacks and drinks, then why would the Khans need to be concerned? (NT) -- Juana Aorta,

I'm not going to pretend it's all about these prices for this game; it's about other things as well as the 18% rise in ST price, but last night and out with the dog this morning, I did find myself seriously considering not renewing next time. And it wasn't a terrifying thought, quite the opposite in fact (NT) -- McNulty,

Thats where I am at - for the first time seriously not considering renewing - the product on the pitch has never been better - but everything else about the game leaves me cold and I loathe the way that the money grabbiers and reckless advventurers have taken the game away from the traditional supporter base. (NT) -- f bloke,

Yep - I think the FST should have gone further and advocated against match day spend - but I guess high risk since only a relatively small proportion would go along with it (NT) -- f bloke, 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hovewhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 12, 2023, 11:38:44 AMInteresting (and to me surprisingly anti) mix of views over on TIFF.  (Sorry about formatting)

NOT IN OUR NAME! -- too big for their boots spotted,

The Athletic | Football@TheAthleticFC
The Fulham Supporters' Trust (FST) have announced they will protest against Fulham's ticket pricing policy ahead of the visit of Manchester United next month.
======
ACCORDING TO the number 1 source for FFc info
the FST, elected by 1% of the FFC fanbase. have decided WITHOUT (key point) a vote from paying members!
to protest on WORLDWIDE TV infront of the widest audience possible . WELL NOT IN MY NAME! in fact we booing the FST
we fans pay 0.01% the owner they plan to make a fuss about has paid £800m and rising and then only this summer reduced it all to £30M
our club is therefore only £30M in debt thanks to the man the FST want to make out ALL FFc fans hate!!!?!!
disgraceFUL! time for SHAD TO HAVE A SONG IMO

Replies:
•    It is quite funny, the FST do seem very naiive. They complain about ticket prices and also take the opportunity to complain about the new stand not being fully operational. Despite the fact that Khans spent £80 million on it already and the reason's its delayed is the company building it went bust! The FST seem very infantile. Surprised they don'r end their statement screaming MUMMY!! DADDY!! It's not fair! Haha (NT) -- Truth hurts
•   
•    The people needed for the protest probably won't be there as can't afford to be! (NT) -- Waterboy,
•    Surely they could write to Esther Rantzen to express their "points of view". Or at least save the protests for something important e.g the government's shameful underfunding of the NHS and schools? (NT) -- Here to help,
•   
    or they could have held the protest and a written letter personally to Shad when he was in London the week prior? do you think Shad and tony will even see the protest? and even if the do watch the game , will they understand what the yellow cards on the 18th minute represent? (NT) -- donavon,

Genuine question, and not trying to be funny...but what do the yellow cards on the 18th minute represent? (NT) -- GTS, )
    18% increase in st prices (NT) -- Jimmy Hill's Chin,

•    I don't have an issue over pricing but this notion of an overly kind and generous benefactor when it's just not that simple. Every pound spent can either be categorised as investment into increasing the value of their own asset or to correct the mid management of that asset during their tenure. We were a premier league club when they bought us and although no club has a god given right to stay in the premier league we are only just back to where we were. (NT) -- Fulham Si,
•   
    You do realise there is no way on God's earth that the Khan's are going to recoup their investment right? They've put in £800 million- the club's worth nowhere near that much... (NT) -- Just sayin',
o   
   Exactly. If people think ticket pricing is going to recoup the Khans money, then they need to be expecting 10 grand season tickets and 1k per match seats for the next couple of decades. (NT) -- Same Old Story,

Re: I don't have an issue over pricing but this notion of an overly kind and generous benefactor when it's just not that simple. Every pound spent can either be categorised as investment into increasing the value of their own asset or to correct the mid management of that asset during their tenure. We were a premier league club when they bought us and although no club has a god given right to stay in the premier league we are only just back to where we were. (NT) -- £71.00 in the Hammersmith End they are issue's,

•    Message to the FST... the game is sold out... it is called supply and demand... and explains why lefties are always doomed to failure... (NT) -- Rupert,
•   
    The protest isn't really about £160 tickets for one game, it's the misguided pricing policy that prioritises tourist attendees over maintaining a long-term supporter base, aka "sustainability" that ownership claims to espouse. Maximising single game revenues only works in the PL and in truth we are likely to be relegated eventually. Supply will exceed demand for £100 tickets in the EFL. This pricing policy fiddles at the margins and FST are right to highlight the disproportionate risk attached (NT) -- Jungle J,
    )
    They're right to highlight this issue, but this action will only raise awareness. The Khans know that most Season Ticket holders will renew next season (if we stay up), and there will be sufficient demand for the remaining seats from existing supporters, new fans and 'tourists'. I think any real agency is held by existing season ticket holders. If we renew our ST's, attend all games, buy official merch, buy stadium snacks and drinks, then why would the Khans need to be concerned? (NT) -- Juana Aorta,

I'm not going to pretend it's all about these prices for this game; it's about other things as well as the 18% rise in ST price, but last night and out with the dog this morning, I did find myself seriously considering not renewing next time. And it wasn't a terrifying thought, quite the opposite in fact (NT) -- McNulty,

Thats where I am at - for the first time seriously not considering renewing - the product on the pitch has never been better - but everything else about the game leaves me cold and I loathe the way that the money grabbiers and reckless advventurers have taken the game away from the traditional supporter base. (NT) -- f bloke,

Yep - I think the FST should have gone further and advocated against match day spend - but I guess high risk since only a relatively small proportion would go along with it (NT) -- f bloke, 

this protest is well overdue in my opinion

Motspur

After 25 years of being a STH (when Keegan appointed as manager) and 60 years as a Fulham supporter, I decided this season not to renew. Mainly on point of principle of the significant increase but also because the whole match day experience (apart from Marco's contribution) was becoming increasing worse. Poor conditions (catering and toilets), the seats are crammed in so minimal leg room (the seat in front going into knees) and then supporters who arrive late, go out early at half time, then come back late in second half and then yes they leave early before end of game. It then takes at least ten minutes to get out of the ground due to minimal exits in JH stand.
With all this to increase prices by 18 pct was an insult. Ticket income is minimal compared to TV payments plus a record sponsorship deal; A £100 increase on ST prices multiplied by 18000 (if these were amount issued) ONLY generates an additional £1.8 million revenue (half a year's salary for majority of our players); is this a worthwhile strategy which is to divide Fulham supporters and a stark contrast in the promotion of Fulham FC being a Family club?
I won't be attending any games in the near future as match day tickets are priced through the roof, so that tourists and opposing fans are warmly invited to purchase tickets on 'one off' basis.
And so here we are with our owners whose appointed Commercial Department have arrived at a pricing structure and ensuring that immediate financial return is more important that maintaining long term supporters without any thought for its long established family ethics.
If owners see that tickets are being snapped up at current prices and without any consideration off who's buying them, what do you think they will do next season? Answers on a postcard.

I hope the demonstration is successful, however it seems the people mostly affected buy the pricing policy won't be attending the game. I can't see the Man Utd supporter in the Fulham sections bothering to wave the cards.

Mickeyboro

It's all down to Ali Mac. He has outstayed his welcome and should go!

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sammyffc

''the FST, elected by 1% of the FFC fanbase. have decided WITHOUT (key point) a vote from paying members!''

Valid point, i don't really have an opinion on the FST however over the years i don't seem to recall them achieving anything at all. I don't know the reasons for it, but they do seem ' from the outside ' a bit of a joke

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Sammyffc on October 12, 2023, 05:19:54 PM''the FST, elected by 1% of the FFC fanbase. have decided WITHOUT (key point) a vote from paying members!''

Valid point, i don't really have an opinion on the FST however over the years i don't seem to recall them achieving anything at all. I don't know the reasons for it, but they do seem ' from the outside ' a bit of a joke
I used to be a member of FST and encouraged others to join, but this year after their immediate reaction to the price increase 'on behalf of Fulham fans' I asked the new Committee if they had consulted any fans or what mandate they had to claim 'on behalf of Fulham fans'.  After a fruitless exchange I resigned. The TIFF messages above suggest they are not universally representative.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hovewhite

Quote from: Sammyffc on October 12, 2023, 05:19:54 PM''the FST, elected by 1% of the FFC fanbase. have decided WITHOUT (key point) a vote from paying members!''

to be fair this is a valid point.

General

Quote from: Ronnief on October 12, 2023, 10:21:33 AMMy son who lives in Germany comes over about 3 times a year to watch his favourite team Fulham. I as a season ticket holder would like to sit with him and my two grandsons. The price for changing my seat for these matches and the cost for one adult and two youngsters is more than the cost of my season ticket. Doesn't add up right to encourage him to come over with the boys. The boys occasionally watch Stuttgart and the cost for them is very low compared to Fulham.

Presumably depending on where you sit you could be paying the price of one of the cheapest season tickets for adults, or more, for the one off occasion, let alone doing it three times.

Rupert

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 12, 2023, 11:38:44 AM•    Message to the FST... the game is sold out... it is called supply and demand... and explains why lefties are always doomed to failure... (NT) -- Rupert,

Just to clarify, this is an imposter, who needs to be hunted down and disemboweled. With a spoon.
Left handed people, far from being doomed, are destined to rule the world. You read it here first.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

General

Quote from: hovewhite on October 12, 2023, 05:33:23 PM

to be fair this is a valid point.

It's

It's not about that at all in my opinion, and I think you're missing the point on a number of levels.

Firstly, the FST are the clubs closest outlet to fans with regular meetings with the club. They are representing our interests (which the ticket prices is definitely one), secondly the protest has been agreed by most major fan related organisations, including friends of fulham.

The FST have stated why they think it's relevant to do this now as the club aren't listening to them, despite the FST doing a quite substantial poll about prices with quite clear issues from the fan base.

Woolly Mammoth

There has to be a better and more ethical way of balancing their books than fleecing the man in the street for more money.
The Owners and over indulged over payed players need to start living in the real world.  🦣
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.