WhiteJC

Results
Sunday 22/10
Villa   
4-1
   West Ham

WhiteJC

Academy U18s match report: Liverpool beaten by Fulham in Premier League Cup

Liverpool U18s were beaten 5-3 by their Fulham counterparts in an eventful U18 Premier League Cup tie at the Academy on Saturday.

It was a tough scoreline on the young Reds with both teams going toe to toe in what was an absorbing encounter in Kirkby.

A superb solo goal from Trey Nyoni and yet another Jayden Danns finish had given Marc Bridge-Wilkinson's home side a 2-1 lead during the first half.

But Fulham were level by the break and stretched away in the second half, with Wellity Lucky's injury-time header a mere consolation for Liverpool.

There were early signs of things to come as Keyrol Figueroa put in a dangerous cross for the hosts and Tom Olyott brought a low save from Kornel Misciur at the other end.

It was no surprise when the first goal arrived on 14 minutes, Callum Osmand's low strike from the edge of the box finding the bottom corner to put Fulham ahead.

The Reds were back on terms within four minutes, however, and what a goal it was. Nyoni burst through defenders into the box at pace, beat another inside the area and stroked it home for a superb individual effort.

The summer recruit turned provider 10 minutes later to help put Liverpool in front. Nyoni's pass over the top got Danns away and he rounded the goalkeeper to finish from a narrow angle, continuing his record of scoring in every U18s game he has played this season.

But the end-to-end stuff continued as Fulham equalised within two minutes, centre-back Jonathan Esenga curling home a free-kick with his left foot from a dangerous position on the edge of the box.

Nyoni continued to impress and his excellent pass put Afolami Onanuga in on goal 10 minutes before the break but the Reds' midfielder just couldn't get enough control of the ball to get his shot away.

Fulham hit the post twice and the crossbar before half-time, Misciur making a superb block to deny one rebound, as the game continued to be incident-packed.

The second half began with Figueroa scoring nicely in the bottom corner but the assistant referee had his flag up for an offside earlier in the move.

Ten minutes later, Lucky headed in Ben Trueman's corner, only for the assistant to rule the outswinger had gone out of play before arriving into the area.

Fulham stirred and Misciur was needed to tip over Josh King's shot on the hour, though he could do nothing two minutes later when Lemar Gordon's powerful blast gave Fulham a 3-2 lead.

The contest was in the balance but it was the visitors who looked stronger now and when the ball was played to Olyott he was able to poke past Misciur and secure an important two-goal advantage with 16 minutes left.

The away team's tally increased to five when substitutes Jayden Quashie and Chibby Nwoko combined for the latter to slide past Misciur.

It was a cruel scoreline for Liverpool, who kept going until the end and found a consolation in added time, Lucky's header going in from Michael Laffey's corner.

TEAM
Liverpool U18s: Misciur, Pitt, Gyimah, Lucky, Laffey, Trueman (Furnell-Gill, 68), Morrison (Pennington, 88), Onanuga, Danns, Nyoni, Figueroa (Bradshaw, 68).

Unused subs: Morana, Kelly.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/u18s-match-report-liverpool-beaten-fulham-premier-league-cup

WhiteJC

Can Fulham pick up another win over Spurs?

Jack Stroudley looks at our first game back following the international break.

The international break is over and club football is returning for the foreseeable future and Fulham have a tough run of games coming up. That starts on Monday when we make the journey across London to take on a Spurs side who are flying at the moment. Despite picking up three points against Sheffield United before the international break, Fulham come into this with quite a few injury concerns and with Postecoglou continuing to work his magic. Can Fulham cause a shock?

The opposition
When he joined in the summer, Ange Postecoglou came under a lot of scrutiny with the suggestion he was going to struggle to get a Spurs side ticking who had a tough campaign last season, he's proven everyone wrong. There seems to be a new culture and belief around Spurs that despite losing Harry Kane, they can still be successful with attacking football at the forefront. The North Londoners have the third highest possession in the league (60.8%) alongside the most touches in the attacking third out of any side (1,771).

James Maddison is finding his feet after his summer move, Heung-Min Son is adapting to life after Kane and is enjoying being the main talisman for goals with six goals from the opening eight matches, but Spurs are without one key man. Yves Bissouma picked up a red card before the international break and will be suspended for the match and while Spurs are still strong in midfield the replacement of either Hojberg or Skipp is an area that Fulham can exploit.

How do we prepare?
Following Marco Silva's press conference, we learnt that Issa Diop joins Kenny Tete, Adama Traore and Tosin on the sidelines through injury. Given this, here's how I'd line-up.

I would make two changes to the side that beat Sheffield United 3-1 before the international break with Calvin Bassey and Sasa Lukic coming in for Issa Diop and Andreas Pereira.

The defensive change is a forced one, with Tosin and Diop both out injured Marco Silva's hands are tied to playing two left-footed central defenders. Castagne has played in the centre of defensive before so he could slot in with De Cordova-Reid dropping to right-back but I can't see Silva being too experimental in this one.

The second change comes in midfield with Lukic coming in for Pereira. I personally think that Palhinha and Lukic is our best midfield pairing with the Serbian beginning to acclimatise to Premier League football. His ability to pick out a pass could be crucial on the counter and following a successful international break with Serbia he should start for me.

The final verdict
Following an international break it doesn't really get tougher than Spurs away at the moment. They will come into this with lots of confidence against a weakened Fulham side. We've already had their number once already this season but I think this will be a completely different game which I feel the hosts will end up winning.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-10-22-can-fulham-pick-up-another-win-over-spurs/

WhiteJC

Opposition watch | Fulham
We step back into action after the international break with a Premier League clash against familiar foe - we played Fulham in the Carabao Cup at the end of August. As we prepare for Monday night's derby in N17, how are the Cottagers looking almost eight weeks on?

Form
Fulham started the campaign with an impressive win at Everton but they've won just two of the next seven to sit 13th in the table. However, they fought back superbly to take a late point at Arsenal, picked up a point at Palace and they've actually won two of their last four against Luton and 3-1 against Sheffield United last time out.

Players to watch
Joao Palhinha was one of the best midfielders in the Premier League last season, his performances rewarded with Fulham's Player of the Season award. He also grabbed that late leveller at Arsenal. Willian continues to be a regular starter and scored in Fulham's 3-1 win against the Blades. Fulham raided Wolves for striker Raul Jimenez and pacy winger Adama Traore, although Traore is out injured. Harry Wilson scored both goals in Wales' memorable 2-1 win over Croatia this week and keep an eye on USA international Antonee Robinson charging up and down the left flank. There's a familiar face, as well, striker Carlos Vinicius, who scored 10 goals in 22 matches in all competitions for us on loan from Benfica in 2020/21.

Manager - Marco Silva
Appointed in July, 2021, Silva led Fulham back to the Premier League in superb style, clinching the Championship title with 90 points and 106 goals, including three 7-0 wins! His first campaign in charge of the Cottagers back in the top flight last term was no less impressive - a European challenge was on as they touched sixth place by beating Chelsea in January, but a run of six losses in eight in March and April saw them slip down to 10th, where they finished. A professional in Portugal, Silva played most games for Estoril, where he was appointed Director of Football in 2011, and then manager, leading them into the Primeira Liga. Spells followed at Sporting and Olympiacos, where he won the Greek Super League and then to England and Hull, Watford, Everton and now Fulham.

Last time we met
You only have to go back to 29 August for our last meeting as Richarlison levelled Micky van de Ven's own goal for a 1-1 draw in the Carabao Cup, with Fulham going through via a penalty shoot-out. In the Premier League, we last clashed in January, a hard-earned 1-0 victory at the Cottage thanks to a wonder strike from Harry Kane.

How to follow
Monday night's clash will be televised live by Sky Sports with live radio commentary on TalkSport. You can also listen to BBC Radio London's commentary via our Match Centre here on tottenhamhotspur.com and the Spurs Official app, where you'll also find minute-by-minute text, goal alerts, stats and much more. Video highlights will be available on SPURSPLAY, with the full 90 minutes available to watch on demand from midnight. Also, look out for our Review Show with post-match reaction and analysis from presenter Ben Haines and pundit, legendary former striker Clive Allen, on SPURSPLAY and YouTube. Worldwide broadcast listings are available via the link on this page...

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/october/opposition-watch-fulham/

WhiteJC

James Maddison makes exciting Tottenham admission fans will love ahead of Fulham
Tottenham star James Maddison says he's enjoying his football in north London

Tottenham midfielder James Maddison says he's settled comfortably into life in north London and is enjoying his game under Ange Postecoglou.

The former Leicester City man is one of the main reasons Spurs are one of only two teams still unbeaten in the league and go into Monday night's game against Fulham hoping to secure a win that ensures their rapid rise under Australian manager Ange Postecoglou.

He joined the Lilywhites for a little over £40million and says playing at a club like Spurs has given him an extra bite and he's loving every bit of it.

He told Men in Blazers: "What I would say is you definitely get more praise and people notice more because you're at a bigger football club.

"There's performances I've played at Tottenham which have been spoken about as really, really good performances when actually I've come off thinking: 'I was alright, I was ok and I could have been a lot better'.

"No disrespect but at a team like Leicester, a bit of a smaller club in terms of the Premier League and stature, you come off thinking you've played really well and had a really good game where it doesn't get spoken about as much just because Tottenham's a bigger team and we're right at the top end of the Premier League.

"I feel like I'm arguably playing the best football I've played to be fair. I'm at an age now where I'm experienced and I've played a lot of football matches now coming through the lower leagues in my early career. So I've played a lot of football, I've seen a lot of stuff. I'm still only 26, got a long way to go, but I'd probably say I'm probably in the form of my career in terms of the levels I want to set."

Totteham finished a disappointing eight last season without any form of European football but the decision to reset the club and bring the likes of Maddison has restored hope and brought a certain level of excitement to everyone associated with the club.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/spurs/james-maddison-makes-exciting-tottenham-admission-fans-will-love-ahead-of-fulham-4380907

WhiteJC

Before The Whistle: Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

With another international break in the rearview mirror, the Whites travel to table-topping Tottenham. Spurs are thriving in their post-Kane era, thanks to the Premier League's latest breath of fresh air™ Ange Postecoglu, so this will be a tough ask.

Gone are the days of semi-regular wins against Spurs. You have to go back to March 2013 for a league victory, when a Dimitar Berbatov goal got us all three points at the old White Hart Lane. We toppled Ange's boys in the Carabao Cup in August, however, so the boys shouldn't fear this one, regardless of the line-up that August night.

It might feel like an age ago, but Carlos Vinicius got the nod up top against Sheffield United – expect that to continue against his old club. Alex Iwobi also started ahead of Harrison Reed, but such is the complex make-up of our midfield three, it's anyone's guess whether Marco will stick with that or opt for a more conservative approach.

With Diop coming off inured against the Blades, it looks like it's Bassey SZN, with the Nigerian set to slot in next to Tim Ream at the back. With Tosin still sidelined, we'll be watching with bated breath that no further injuries occur to our CBs – or, as is more likely, neither get red carded.

On the flanks, Castagne has deputised admirably for Kenny Tete, with many believing the Belgian in the heir apparent if and when our Dutch king moves onto pastures new. With Tete still out, Castagne's run will continue. Antonee Robinson was left out of the USMNT side, so he should be fit again.

No one expects us to get a thing from this. But it's always nice to upset the apple cart, particularly when the British press pack is too busy fawning over the flavour of the month. Let's hope we do just that. You Whites.

ℹ️ MATCH DETAILS

Kick-Off: Monday, 8.00PM
Stadium: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Competition: Premier League
TV Channel (UK): Sky Sports
🚦 LEAGUE FORM

Spurs: ✅ ✅ ✅ ⬜ ✅ ✅
Fulham: ⬜ ❌ ✅ ⬜ ❌ ✅

⚖️ MATCH PROBABILITY

Spurs: 21.7%
Draw: 26.5%
Fulham: 51.8%
🥊 MOST RECENT MATCHES

Aug 23: Fulham 1-1 Spurs
Jan 23: Fulham 0-1 Spurs
Sep 22: Spurs 2-1 Fulham
Mar 21: Fulham 0-1 Spurs

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-10-22-before-the-whistle-tottenham-hotspur-v-fulham/

WhiteJC

Ange Postecoglou out to make Premier League history in Fulham clash
Tottenham Hotspur head coach Ange Postecoglou could break a Premier League managerial record when his side host London rivals Fulham on Monday.

The Celtic treble winner has laid down a marker during an exceptional start to life with Tottenham, whose fans previously grew frustrated with the pragmatic styles of Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte.

Implementing a high-pressing attacking system, Postecoglou has overseen an unbeaten start to the Premier League season with Spurs, who have six wins and two draws to show from their opening eight games.

Only Arsenal are also yet to suffer defeat in the 2023-24 top-flight campaign, and Tottenham entered the second international break of the season sat top of the rankings, above their North London rivals on goals scored.

Results on Saturday have bumped Spurs down to fourth place, although they will return to the summit with a win on Monday night, which would move them onto 23 points from their opening nine contests.

Such a scenario would also cement Postecoglou's name in Premier League folklore, as no manager has ever achieved as many as 23 points from their first nine games in the hotseat.

The current record holders are Guus Hiddink and Mike Walker, who both managed 22 points from their opening nine Premier League matches as managers, with the latter achieving the feat with Norwich City in the inaugural 1992-93 season.

Walker's Canaries won seven, drew one and lost one of their first nine games in the competition and eventually finished in third place in the table, 12 points behind champions Manchester United.

Meanwhile, Hiddink's short-lived Chelsea reign in 2009 began with an identical record, where the Blues' only defeat in that sequence coincidentally came at the hands of Tottenham.

By already amassing 20 points from eight contests, Postecoglou has guided Spurs to their best-ever start to a Premier League season, and not since their double-winning campaign of 1960-61 have they performed as well at this stage of proceedings.

However, Fulham subjected Tottenham to their only defeat under Postecoglou so far, prevailing on penalties in August's EFL Cup second-round showdown at Craven Cottage.

Furthermore, Spurs' only dropped points in the 2023-24 Premier League season have come in London derbies, playing out a pair of 2-2 draws with Brentford and bitter foes Arsenal.

Tottenham have received a double injury boost ahead of the Cottagers' visit, though, as both Cristian Romero and Son Heung-min will be fine to feature following scares while on international duty.

Postecoglou also revealed that Brennan Johnson might be in with a chance of recovering from his hamstring concern, but Rodrigo Bentancur, Ryan Sessegnon, Manor Solomon, Ivan Perisic, Alfie Whiteman and the suspended Yves Bissouma remain out.

Fulham head to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium aiming to end a 10-year run without a Premier League win against the Lilywhites, who last lost a top-flight game to the Cottagers at White Hart Lane in March 2013 courtesy of a winner from former striker Dimitar Berbatov.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/postecoglou-out-to-make-premier-league-history-in-fulham-clash_527098.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Tottenham vs Fulham: Premier League Preview, Gameweek 9, 2023
An unbeaten Tottenham will welcome Fulham to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Monday night as Spurs look to return to the summit of the Premier League table.

On Monday evening, Ange Postecoglou's Tottenham side will welcome Marco Silva's Fulham as the Lilywhites look to head back to the top of the table and maintain their unbeaten start to the league campaign.

Spurs have enjoyed an impressive first two months under their new manager, with Fulham being the only side to inflict any damage onto their impressive record when the West Londoners knocked Spurs out of the Carabao Cup on penalties at Craven Cottage at the end of August.

Since their league cup disappointment, Tottenham have gone from strength to strength with victories against Burnley, Sheffield United, Liverpool and Luton as well as a deserved draw at the Emirates a little under a month ago.

After a poor start to the season, Marco Silva's side have picked up their form to come into Monday's contest off of a more positive run with just two losses in their last eight games in all competitions, coming against reigning champions Manchester City and local rivals Chelsea.

Fulham will have to be at their best if they are to get anything out of the game at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, with the Cottagers last tasting victory at N17 in March of 2013. Before that, their previous away victory at Spurs also came in a year ending -3, when they won 3-0 at White Hart Lane in 2003, potentially signifying a bad omen for Spurs as they look to remain unbeaten.

Team News
Tottenham

Spurs go into Monday's game grateful that Cristian Romero and Heung-Min Son have both overcame minor injuries that they sustained on respective international duties for Argentina and South Korea.

Romero was forced off against Peru at halftime in Argentina's international fixture with a blow to the ankle, however, the defender looks to have avoided serious injury. Meanwhile, Son struggled with a groin injury throughout the international break despite starting both of South Korea's matches but looks to be okay ahead of a return to domestic action.

There is also positive news surrounding Brennan Johnson who has trained with the squad for the last two weeks and will be available for selection against Fulham for the first time since he started in Tottenham's 2-2 draw at Arsenal.

In addition, Bryan Gil and Giovanni Lo Celso may eye their first minutes for Spurs after recovering from their respective injuries, with spaces available in the match day squad after Manor Solomon and Ivan Perisic picked up serious injuries.

Long term absentees, Ryan Sessegnon and Rodrigo Bentancur remain out, however, it is thought the latter will close in on a return in November. Yves Bissouma is also out, with the midfielder suspended for Monday's game after picking up two yellow cards against Luton before the international break.

Fulham

Unfortunately for Fulham, Tosin Adarabioyo and Issa Diop are both ruled out due to respective groin and foot issues.

Kenny Tete and Adama Traoré are also ruled with Fulham expected to call upon Timothy Castagne and Bobby De Cordova Reid to fill the void, both of whom started in the 3-1 win over Sheffield United before the international break.
Likely Lineups

Tottenham: Vicario; Porro, Romero, Van der Ven, Udogie; Hojberg, Sarr, Maddison; Kulusevski, Richarlison, Son

Fulham: Leno; Castagne, Bassey, Ream, Robinson; Iwobi, Palhinha, Pereira, Reid, Vinicius, Willian

Key Players

Pierre Emile-Hojberg
With Bissouma ruled out, Hojberg will be one of the key players for Spurs on Monday night. The defensive midfielder will have to maintain Bissouma's level of forward passing and interceptions if he is to facilitate Spurs' now common high intensity attacking football.

So far, the Dane has largely featured off of the bench for Spurs after being a stalwart in the team under Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte. The 28 year-old may also see it as a chance to prove to Postecoglou just how good he can be and why he should be called upon more often.

Joao Palhinha
With a £50 million move to Bayern Munich falling through in the summer, Palhinha must have been devastated. However, the player has gone back to his usual role in the Fulham set-up and will be key for his side tomorrow and through the course of the season.

If Fulham are to get anything against Tottenham, the Portuguese midfielder will key in what will be a fierce battle against the hardworking Tottenham midfield.

Match Details
Where is the game being played?

The game is to be played at Spurs' 62,850 capacity North London home, named the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

What time is kick-off?

The London derby is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 BST on Monday the 23rd of October.

How can I watch?

The game will be broadcast live on Sky Sports for viewers in the United Kingdom, with BBC Radio 5 Live also providing commentary.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2023/10/22/premier-league/1160129-tottenham-vs-fulham-premier-league-preview-gameweek-9-2023.html

WhiteJC

Ex-Sunderland, Aston Villa, West Brom and Fulham man reveals Everton transfer interest

Ex-Sunderland favourite Kieran Richardson has revealed transfer interest from Everton before his move to Wearside.

Former Sunderland and West Brom favourite Kieran Richardson has revealed transfer interest from Everton before his move to Wearside.

The ex-Manchester United and England man Richardson joined Sunderland under Roy Keane back when the Black Cats had just won promotion to the Championship in 2007 following a loan stint at West Brom.

The ex-left-back joined the Black Cats later that year and went on to play for Sunderland for five seasons before stints at Aston Villa, Cardiff City and Fulham.

"When I left Man United, I had two strong options on the table. Everton or Sunderland," Richardson exclusively told Ladbrokes Fanzone.

"United have a good relationship with Everton... the guys who - I don't want to say can't cut it - it doesn't quite work out for at Man United... you'll see a lot of them got o Everton, and I think that's because of the relationship David Moyes had with Sir Alex Ferguson, and also the clubs being in a similar area, so players don't have to move house and all of that kind of thing.

"But, obviously, I had a great relationship with Roy Keane, and he'd just brought Sunderland up into the Premier League. If he hadn't have got them promoted, I'd have signed for Everton, for sure. The only reason I went to Sunderland was because of Roy. There's no two ways about it; if Roy wasn't the manager, I wouldn't have gone there. I told David Moyes I wouldn't be signing for him, and then that was it, I was signing for Sunderland.

"I didn't actually realise how big a deal it was up there; obviously, I knew the name Sunderland, but until you get there, you don't realise how mad and passionate those fans are. Football is everything for them, up there. I know a lot of supporters from all around the country will say that, but up there, it's a completely different ball game. It's life or death."

Richardson became a hero on Wearside after scoring the winning goal against North East rivals Newcastle United at the Stadium of Light under Keane back in 2008.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/ex-sunderland-aston-villa-west-brom-and-fulham-man-reveals-everton-transfer-interest-4380835

WhiteJC

Fulham Women stun Actonians on penalties
Fulham FC Women are into the first round proper of the FA Cup after stunning Actonians 4-3 on penalties after a stoppage-time header from Becky Stormer cancelled out the opening goal from Jasmine Williamson.

The Whites made light of Sophie Manzi's controversial dismissal to send their hosts, who currently ply their trade a division higher, crashing out of the competition at the third qualifying round stage following two superb saves in the shoot-out from Ellie Parker.

The Cottagers fully merited their giantkilling having embraced the challenge of being drawn away at National League opposition and created the clearer chances in a first half that they largely dominated. A combination of skipper Mary Southgate and Stormer blocked an early effort from the lively Tori St. Clair but the visitors largely nullified the threat posed by Actonians' front three and were on the front foot for the most of the first 45 minutes.

Georgia Heasman was denied by a smart stop from home goalkeeper Elisa Dogor before the marauding Megalie Mendes hit the crossbar with a fine curling effort. The South African wing-back proved a potent threat throughout the first half, whipping another effort just wide of goal before a flowing move down the right that saw Madi Parsonson and Georgia Heasman combine presented Manzi with a glorious chance six yards out. The former Dulwich forward lent back as she hit it and blazed over the bar.

Actonians largely failed to feature as an attacking force in the first half with Rochelle Shakes stabbing wide just before the break but Kieran Beesley's side upped the ante after the interval and began to pen the Whites back for the first time in the contest. Shakes and St. Clair were denied by brilliant saving tackles from Tagliavini and Southgate before Manzi shot straight at the goalkeeper having worked space for herself in the box. The Whites were hit by a sucker punch from a quick throw-in when the wily Williamson wriggled away from the attentions of Olivia Dale and powered a low finish past Parker from the edge of the area.

The hosts almost swiftly doubled their lead when Maria Ledezma-Viso's drive cannoned off a defender and Williamson was inches away from turning home a cross from Shakes. The visitors fought valiantly through a period of Actonians pressure with substitute Ede Buchele unlucky not to make telling contact with a fine cross from Parsonson. Williamson and Shakes spurned one-on-one opportunities to put the game beyond the visitors, but Fulham seemed invigorated by adversity after Manzi was shown a straight red despite seeming to win a 50-50 challenge on the edge of the Actonians box.

The numerical disadvantage only seemed to spur Fulham forward with Alex Hayman, introduced off the bench, linking up well with Parsonson to force a corner down the left. When Actonians failed to clear Parsonson's delivery, the wing-back delivered a deep ball to the back post where Stormer soared to head the Whites level. Fulham looked the likelier to win it in ten minutes of added time – but the tie went straight to penalties.

Parker saved Actonians' first spot-kick but the contest was back in the balance when Sascha Adamson struck the crossbar. Parker produced another superb stop only for Betty Barron-Clark to see her effort saved, which sent the shoot-out to sudden death. Buchele produced a nerveless penalty and Parker mustered up more heroics to seal a superb victory.

ACTONIANS LADIES FC (4-3-3): Dogor; Brereton, Meade, Drage, Clement; D'Santos, Williamson, Orozco; Ledezma-Viso, St. Clair, Shakes. Subs: Taylor, Dredge, Bramwell, James.

GOAL: Williamson (64).

FULHAM FC WOMEN (3-4-3): Parker; Dale, Tagliavini, Southgate; Parsonson, Mendes (Hayman), Stormer (Barron-Clark), Lambird; Heasman (Buchele), Adamson, Manzi. Subs (not used): Stratton, Gibbs, Huntrods.

BOOKED: Manzi, Southgate.

SENT OFF: Manzi.

GOAL: Stormer (90+1).

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/fulham-women-stun-actonians-on-penalties/

WhiteJC

Team News: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Fulham injury, suspension list, predicted XIs
Gameweek nine of the 2023-24 Premier League season concludes with a London derby between Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham on Monday evening.

The Cottagers are the only team to defeat Ange Postecoglou's Spurs in a competitive fixture so far, winning an EFL Cup second-round penalty shootout at Craven Cottage back in August, and here Sports Mole rounds up the team news for both clubs.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. FULHAM
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
Out: Yves Bissouma (suspended), Rodrigo Bentancur (knee), Ryan Sessegnon (hamstring), Manor Solomon (knee), Ivan Perisic (knee), Alfie Whiteman (ankle)

Doubtful: Brennan Johnson (hamstring)

Sports Mole's predicted XI: Vicario; Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie; Sarr, Hojbjerg; Kulusevski, Maddison, Son; Richarlison

FULHAM
Out: Issa Diop (foot), Kenny Tete (groin), Adama Traore (thigh), Tosin Adarabioyo (groin)

Doubtful: None

Sports Mole's predicted XI: Leno; Castagne, Bassey, Ream, Robinson; Pereira, Palhinha, Iwobi; Decordova-Reid, Vinicius, Willian

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/injury-news/team-news/team-news-spurs-vs-fulham-injury-suspension-list-predicted-xis_526999.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Tottenham vs Fulham Preview: Probable Lineups, Prediction, Tactics, Team News & Key Stats
Tottenham will have their chance to reclaim the top spot and even go two points clear when they host London neighbours Fulham.

The topsy-turvy nature of the Premier League has continued, as there were some changes to the top order in the standings. Arsenal's draw against Chelsea and Manchester City's win ensured the latter went on top, with the Gunners level but second on goal difference. Now, Tottenham have a fantastic chance to reclaim their pole position when they take on Fulham, only this time they can have an undisputed two-point lead.

With Arsenal's draw, the Gunners remained unbeaten, something Ange Postecoglou would hope for his side as well. The two North Londoners are the only undefeated sides in the Premier League, and Tottenham will certainly want to beat Fulham to maintain their status in that regard.

Before the international break, Tottenham showed resilience to bear Luton Town despite going a man down. Yves Bissouma saw red for two yellows, and even then, Spurs did not feel like they were a man short. Micky van de Ven scored his first goal for the club and secured the three points with ease.

If there is one word to rate Fulham's season so far, then 'inconsistency' can describe the Cottagers aptly. Marco Silva's side continued the sequence of winning a game and then losing the next, which does not make a good reading ahead of their trip to north London.

The nasty injury to Chris Basham overshadowed a good win over Sheffield United. Yet, Silva will have been relieved with his side's result but will want to see his team start churning out consistent results.

Dreaming of a win away at Spurs might be seen as a big ask. But Fulham certainly possess the quality to pull off a good result. The Cottagers are lingering around the lower mid-table, and Silva would want to mind the gap between them and those languishing around the relegation zone.

After this, Fulham face Brighton & Hove Albion, Manchester United and Aston Villa, which calls for them to go into those fixtures with positive momentum. Ahead of the latest meeting between the two sides, The Hard Tackle takes a closer look at the encounter.

Team News & Tactics
Tottenham
Ange Postecoglou does have a fairly long injury list, but nothing from the latest round of internationals. The manager confirmed all players returned unscathed and also brushed off doubts over Son Heung-min and Cristian Romero after the pair appeared to pick up knocks.

Yves Bissouma will serve his one-match suspension after his red card against Luton Town. In his absence, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg will slot into midfield alongside Pape Matar Sarr. There are no major changes expected across the pitch, with Postecoglou fairly happy with his team's progress so far.

With a lack of wide-left options in the attack, Postecoglou could choose to play Richarlison there and Son as his centre-forward. Dejan Kulusevski will continue on the right-hand side, with James Maddison pulling the strings from the No.10 position.

Romero will likely start and maintain his ongoing partnership with Micky van de Ven. Tottenham do not have great options beyond those starting central defenders. So, Postecoglou might have to show some nous in rotating from time to time.

Probable Lineup (4-2-3-1): Vicario; Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie; Sarr, Hojbjerg; Kulusevski, Maddison, Richarlison; Son

Fulham
Marco Silva also has a fairly strong injury list ahead of the short trip to North London. Kenny Tete, Adama Traore and Tosin Adarabioyo remain sidelined for this clash, while Issa Diop has not recovered from the injury suffered in the last game.

Timothy Castagne will continue at right-back, with Antonee Robinson primed to remain at left-back. Tim Ream and Calvin Bassey should keep their central defensive partnership going, while the other positions will have familiar faces from recent games.

Alex Iwobi, having made a mark recently, will remain on the right side of the midfield, with Joao Palhinha sitting at the base. Andreas Pereira will swiftly move from the left and drift towards the No.10 position during possession.

Bobby De Cordova-Reid will attack down the right channel, while Raul Jimenez will feature on the bench. Silva will choose Carlos Vinicius as his leading striker, while Willian from the left will complete the front three selections.

Probable Lineup (4-3-3): Leno; Castagne, Bassey, Ream, Robinson; Iwobi, Palhinha, Pereira; Cordova-Reid, Vinicius, Willian

Key Stats

Tottenham have won six of their last eight matches in the Premier League.
    Tottenham are one of the two teams to remain unbeaten in the Premier League this season.
    Tottenham are undefeated in their last ten matches against Fulham in all competitions.
    Tottenham have scored in each of their last 12 Premier League home games.
    Fulham have failed to win against Tottenham in the Premier League since the 2012/13 season.

Player to Watch
Son Heung-min
Tottenham fans are not getting carried away with the probability of their team challenging for the title. But they are surely thinking about it. Son remains a big part of their thought, as they will think the South Korean's form will have a direct impact on the team's results.

So far, he has been their main force in the attack, and once more, the South Korean must show his best self in beating Fulham. These are games that Spurs need to win and take advantage of dropped points elsewhere. Postecoglou will look up to Son to get the goals and keep his side dreaming about a title challenge for another week at the very least.

Prediction
Tottenham 3-1 Fulham

The Cottagers have shown major inconsistencies with their run of results, and that trend might continue with their trip to North London. With Marco Silva's side struggling for relevance, Tottenham are flying at the moment despite some narrow results in recent games.

Yet, Spurs have the overall quality to trounce a team like Fulham, especially on home soil. Ange Postecoglou will mastermind this game and ensure his players are in a relaxed mood and take the victory with ease. Hence, Tottenham are the overwhelming favourites to take three points, but the Cottagers might nick a goal somewhere.

https://thehardtackle.com/round-up/2023/10/22/tottenham-vs-fulham-preview-probable-lineups-prediction-tactics-team-news-key-stats/

WhiteJC

Ange Postecoglou hopes Fulham clash offers 'escape' from troubles amid conflict
Ange Postecoglou will not tell Tottenham supporters how to feel about the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict but hopes his team can provide a sense of escapism when they host Fulham on Monday night.

The fixture will be Spurs' first at home since tensions escalated in the Middle East, with hundreds of Palestinian civilians killed in a massive blast at a Gaza City hospital on Tuesday.

A statement was issued by Tottenham earlier this month in response to the initial war breaking out between Israel and Hamas, but some supporters were critical of the club for failing to show support for victims from the Jewish community, which has a long-standing affiliation with the Premier League outfit.

Postecoglou answered questions about the ongoing conflict during Friday's press conference and although he discussed the topic at length, he was keen to point out the role of his players is merely to help fans forget their troubles for 90 minutes.

"I have the responsibility of being a football manager but like everyone else, I'm a human being and you struggle with these things and you understand that other people will struggle with them," he explained.

"My life experience has taught me not to judge or come to any strong conclusions. I'll let the people who are affected by it be the guide in these kinds of things, because it's very easy for others to cast judgement but in all these things, you are guided by people who are directly affected.

"I am not the custodian of this club. I have been at this club for four months or whatever it is.

"People have spent lifetimes in these clubs, so I am not going to go round telling people how to feel, how to behave, how to act, what to think.

"As I said, I think the greatest role a football club can play in these scenarios is to provide what they have always provided – a sense of one place where people can come and escape and hopefully unite as one to support their football club.

"You know, maybe sort of take them away from whatever troubles they may have. I think that's the greatest role any football club has."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ange-postecoglou-hopes-fulham-clash-offers-escape-from-troubles-amid-conflict/a681589293.html

WhiteJC

Fulham aiming to end 10-year winless run in Tottenham Hotspur clash
Fulham will attempt to claim their first league win over Tottenham Hotspur in 10 years when the two sides face off on Monday evening.

The Cottagers have made a steady start to the 2023-24 campaign, collecting 11 points from their opening eight league matches.

After beating Sheffield United 3-1 in their final game before the international break, Fulham will have the chance to record back-to-back victories in Monday's contest.

Fulham are set to face Spurs for the second time in two months after prevailing on penalties in August's EFL Cup meeting.

While they may have got the better of Tottenham on that occasion, Fulham tend to struggle in league meetings with Spurs.

The Cottagers have failed to win any of their last eight Premier League matches against the North London club (D1, L7).

Their most recent league win took place in March 2013 when Dimitar Berbatov scored the winning goal in a 1-0 victory at White Hart Lane.

That result represents Fulham's solitary top-flight win against Tottenham in their past 17 head-to-head matches (D3, L13), while their last three league meetings have all ended in defeat.

Fulham boss Marco Silva is also looking for his first top-flight victory over Spurs after drawing three and losing four of his previous seven league encounters.

Silva will have to make at least one change to his starting lineup, with central defender Issa Diop ruled out due to a foot injury.

The visitors, who occupy 13th place in the table, are also without the injured trio of Tosin Adarabioyo, Kenny Tete, Adama Traore.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/fulham-aiming-to-end-10-year-winless-run-in-tottenham-hotspur-clash_527138.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Spurs: Ange could ease Bissouma blow with £100k-p/w "competitive animal"
The Lilywhites must ease their huge absence by unleashing a "competitive animal".

Tottenham Hotspur are back in Premier League action again tonight, with fans likely still pinching themselves over their start to the new campaign.

However, they will have to contend without Yves Bissouma for tonight's clash with Fulham, who will be serving his one-match suspension.

How good is Yves Bissouma?
Having been deservedly booked for his first challenge, the Mali international would go on a weaving run just before the half time whistle, bundling into a crowd of opposition players.

Anticipating contact that never came, he threw himself over and was handed his second yellow, sent for an early bath before the break.

Whilst his side would still go on to win, his importance to Ange Postecoglou's outfit cannot be understated, with the 27-year-old enforcer having made himself near-irreplaceable with his form thus far.

A true defensive warrior, having maintained 3.3 tackles and 6.1 ball recoveries per game in the league thus far, it is his ability in possession that makes him so useful, as a press-resistant metronome who keeps everything ticking in the engine room.

https://www.footballfancast.com/yves-bissouma-tottenham-hotspur-suspension-postecoglou-pierre-emile-hojbjerg-fulham-preview-premier-league/

WhiteJC

Tottenham predicted team vs Fulham: Ange Postecoglou makes Brennan Johnson and Richarlison call
Here is the Tottenham team we believe Ange Postecoglou will select for Monday evening's Premier League clash between Spurs and Fulham at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Tottenham are finally back in Premier League action on Monday evening as Fulham make the trip to north London. Last in action 16 days ago, it has been a rather long wait for everyone connected with the club following the second international break of the season.

While the latest pause in play did bring about a couple of scares from a Tottenham perspective with Cristian Romero coming off injured for Argentina and Son Heung-min spotted limping, the break did have its positives. A number of players, such as Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Giovani Lo Celso, got some much-needed minutes in the tank, while Micky van de Ven and Destiny Udogie made their international debuts for Netherlands and Italy respectively.

Having gone into the break top of the Premier League table, Spurs will be looking to reclaim their position come the latest round of league fixtures. It will certainly not be straightforward, though, with Marco Silva's Fulham team capable of causing them a number of issues.

So how exactly will Tottenham line up against Fulham at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the 8pm kick-off? You can find our predicted team below.

Guglielmo Vicario
It's an easy decision between the sticks as Guglielmo Vicario starts in goal.

Pedro Porro
Pedro Porro will be looking to keep up his excellent start to the campaign with a good showing against Fulham

Cristian Romero
Despite that scare on Argentina international duty, Cristian Romero is fit enough to play as he starts in his usual centre-back role.

Micky van de Ven
After making his senior Netherlands bow on international duty last week, Micky van de Ven returns to club action with a start against Fulham.

Destiny Udogie
Destiny Udogie was another to make his full international debut during the recent pause in play. He's an automatic starter for Spurs.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
With Yves Bissouma suspended for the visit of Fulham, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg comes into the midfield three. Ange Postecoglou labelled the Dane as a "ready-made replacement" for his teammate.

Pape Matar Sarr
Pape Matar Sarr has starred for Tottenham in midfield this season and he will be out to keep his place following Rodrigo Bentancur's return to the training pitch.

James Maddison
James Maddison could have a big say against Fulham as he looks to help Tottenham to another three points.

Dejan Kulusevski
A regular in Ange Postecoglou's XI, Dejan Kulusevski may really need to start adding to his numbers with Brennan Johnson back to fitness.

Son Heung-min
Son Heung-min gave Spurs a bit of an injury fright on international duty but he's in a position to start against the Cottagers.

Richarlison
As Tottenham were assessing Brennan Johnson's fitness over the weekend, Richarlison may be the player to get the nod against Fulham. Now that the summer signing is back, though, the Brazilian needs to offer so much more going forward.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/gallery/tottenham-predicted-team-fulham-johnson-27957261

WhiteJC

Silva hopes Jimenez responds strongly to being dropped
Fulham boss Marco Silva hopes Raul Jimenez responds strongly to recently being dropped.

The Whites will return to action on Monday following the international break when they visit high-flying Tottenham, with former Spurs forward Carlos Vinicius likely to keep his spot in the team.

Jimenez, who was signed from Wolves this summer as a replacement for Aleksandar Mitrovic, has not scored in the Premier League since March 2022 – but Silva denied he was dropped against Sheffield United in order to take him out of the firing line.

"I don't think Raul needs a manager to put him on the bench to take the pressure off him," Silva said.

"Of course when there are so many games where you haven't scored a goal I understand why people ask the question, but it is never good for a player when they sit on the bench.

"Players need to feel that pressure is a privilege, because if you start the game it should be a privilege because you have worked so hard to be there.

"He wasn't the only change, Bobby De Cordova-Reid and Alex Iwobi also started the game.

"We made changes because we knew that was not going to be too much space in behind. The way we knew Sheffield would approach the game, we decided to use a different profile of a number nine."

Silva insisted he felt no need to speak to Jimenez and explain his decision and that he has a good relationship with the forward.

"All the players need the people, the staff and the management to speak to them," Silva said.

"Some need more than others and sometimes this type of conversations make them better.

"I am the type of manager that has this type of relationship with my players.

"I am speaking to Raul and Vinicius as well but I don't think Raul is desperate to have conversations with me.

"He is working hard and desperate to help the team and that is the most important thing for me."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-hopes-jimenez-responds-strongly-to-being-dropped

WhiteJC

Confirmed team news: Nigerian defender ruled out of Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham
Fulham manager Marco Silva has confirmed that Manchester-born Nigerian central defender Tosin Adarabioyo will not be making his return from injury in Monday's Premier League meeting with Tottenham Hostpur at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

The Manchester City academy product has not figured for the Cottagers after seeing a move to French Ligue 1 outfit Monaco fall through on deadline day.

Tosin has been battling with a groin injury and underwent surgery in September  to fix the problem.

This season, the 26-year-old has logged just one minute in all competitions and it came in the 2-2 draw with Arsenal on August 26.

Since then, he has been unavailable for selection in back-to-back matches against Manchester City, Luton Town, Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Sheffield United in the Premier League, and Norwich City in the League Cup.

Providing a squad update in his pre-match press conference, Silva was quoted as saying by Fulham's official webpage: "Adama, Kenny Tete and Tosin are still out, plus Issa Diop".

Meanwhile Tosin's teammates Alex Iwobi and Calvin Bassey returned from international duty unscathed, which puts both in contention to be named in the matchday squad against Tottenham.

Italian-Nigerian defender Destiny Udogie is also in good shape and should make his ninth Premier League appearance in the London derby.

Igho Kingsley

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49213

WhiteJC

Ex-Aston Villa and Fulham forward lauds Leeds United star as 'best player in the league'
Championship icon Ross McCormack has hailed a Leeds United star as the best player in the second tier.

McCormack was once considered among the Championship's best himself, having enjoyed prolific spells with Leeds United and Fulham.

The former Aston Villa frontman took to social media over the weekend to offer praise to Leeds winger Crysencio Summerville.

Posting on Instagram, McCormack said: "Fed up telling yous. Best player in the league."

Summerville has established himself as a key figure under Whites boss Daniel Farke this season, scoring four goals across nine Championship outings.

Two of those goals came at the weekend, when his brace completed a dramatic comeback victory over Norwich City.

The win lifted Leeds into third place in the Championship, six points behind Ipswich Town in second.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/ex-aston-villa-and-fulham-forward-lauds-leeds-united-star-as-best-player-in-the-league-4381271

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Fulham Preview: Spurs look at stay up top and extinguish only blemish
The Cottagers provided this season's lone blemish...though much was self-inflicted.

International breaks are typically a bore (and can only provide bad news), but at least Tottenham Hotspur spent the time away sitting right on top of the league. While only just over 20 percent of the campaign has been completed, by all measures Spurs and Ange Postecoglou have been off to an expectedly impressive start.

Spurs have yet to lose a fixture in the league, but did drop out of the League Cup to Fulham in Postecoglou's fourth match in charge. This came thanks to an extremely rotated lineup — and was perhaps a beneficial result in the big picture — but how Tottenham looks on Monday will say a bit about how the new manager's side have improved since then.

Indeed, even though Postecoglou has won four of the five matches since that evening, with the one draw being at the Emirates, many of the wins have been a little nervy. Now Fulham comes to visit, a club that sits in the middle of the table but is never a straightforward out. The Cottagers have been fairly chalky so far, beating the bat teams and losing or drawing to the rest, though they did pick up a result away to Arsenal.

Spurs took all six points last season in relatively low-scoring affairs. Fulham has only scored three and conceded four in the past four matches, but Tottenham has tallied multiple goals in every fixture except the 10-man victory over Luton last time out. It feels like the home side is in a great spot for this one, especially with the chance to go two points clear at the top.

Tottenham Hotspur (t-3rd, 20pts) vs. Fulham (t-12th, 11pts)
Date: Monday, October 23
Time: 3:00 pm ET, 8:00 pm UK
TV: USA Network (USA), Sky Sports Main Event (UK)

Fulham has just one player with multiple goals this season, and the Bobby De Cordova-Reid-Carlos Vinicius-Willian front three is not exactly rolling right now. Replacing Aleksandar Mitrovic's contributions was always going to be tough, but there is not any sort of clear solution at the moment.

Spurs will likely enjoy the bulk of the possession and should welcome the opportunities against a defense that sits in the bottom five in xGA. Chelsea took advantage against some shaky backline performances a couple weeks ago, so like the fixtures last season, this might come down to Tottenham converting when it gets its chances.

Lilywhite Spotlight: Next man up
If there is going to be a drop-off at some point this season, it likely comes due to questionable squad depth (as was seen in that awful League Cup outing). Yves Bissouma misses Monday after his sending off against Luton, putting Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in line to rejoin the starting lineup. Hojbjerg is a seasoned starter, but it will be curious to see how the absence of Bissouma impacts the match.

With so few remaining competitions, Postecoglou has been able to start his preferred XI most of the time, selecting the same seven defenders and midfielders every single week. This might just be one (forced) rotation, but a good performance by Hojbjerg provides an optimism that some moving pieces in the lineup are not a death sentence with inevitable injuries and AFCON departures lying ahead.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2023/10/23/23924528/tottenham-hotspur-fulham-premier-league-preview