Started by ex-Pat, October 23, 2023, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

Bassey     with two great assist unlucky with the third one,

perry geyton

Perreira for me
Impeccable

Grassy Noel

Quote from: ex-Pat on October 23, 2023, 10:20:04 PMBassey     with two great assist unlucky with the third one,
But failed to get one on target unlike Robinson in the last match.

KentFulham

Baszab

Pereira was truly shocking

Being at the game, the speed of Spurs in recovery and when they drive forward make most of our players (exc Willian and Jedi) look pedestrian

Their stadium makes our new stand look amateurish

KentFulham

Highlight of the evening was the stadium, first class. Toilets put the Hammy end to shame

Andy S

No man of the match for me. Lots of average performances from  where I was.

ffc73

Quote from: ex-Pat on October 23, 2023, 10:20:04 PMBassey     with two great assist unlucky with the third one,

As I've said on another thread, let's see Ream at RCB with Bassey at LCB before we start hanging Shirley out to dry.

If our forwards could score we could have punished Ang for taking off his A players with 14 minutes to go & nicked a very unlikely point.

Yes, Bassey's errors were obvious but Bobby, Raul & Wilson must do better when presented with opportunities in the opposing third.

Milo

Thought Willian was our clear MOTM.

KentFulham

Quote from: Milo on October 23, 2023, 11:19:12 PMThought Willian was our clear MOTM.

I tend to agree, but it very much is the best of the worst

perry geyton

Yeah I'm not slagging us and I thought we played well, just can't score and Pereira just should not start, I dunno what TC has to do to get a game

Pluto

Pereira is so overrated at this point. Doesn't contribute anywhere near enough and his form has been in terminal decline since last Christmas.

HV71

Willian by a country mile ( and that doesn't say much ) .Surely Iwobi has to start at Brighton?

Motspur Park

I think some of you are missing the point of the OP. As usual it is a wind up from this character. He is not talking about the best Fulham player..... he is ridiculing Bassey for his two errors which assisted the Spurs goals and another which Spurs did not take advantage of and he was close to giving a penalty away.
The conversation moved on to FFC man of match discussion but as usual, nothing but vitriol comes from the OP.

bobbo

I thought the ref was pretty kind to us so for me motm
1975 just leaving home full of hope

FFC1987

Before we lay too much on Pereria, I do think his performances are seriously hampered by our complete lack of frontline support and press. Iwobi was more vocal about it, but Carlos and Jimenez verged on lazy at times in the press. I appreciate the centre backs for Spurs are quick, but Carlos looked well off the pace anytime they had the ball even with our Hodgeson tactics of only pressing in our half. We really just need someone to work hard up top to  maintain the press but it constantly breaks down.

I say this, not as a fan boi of Andreas but his press doesn't look anywhere near as effective as last season and at first, people put it down to match fitness, but I'm not convinced. I think it's just a seriously unbalanced and poor frontline creating it.

If this press isn't applicable with what we have, Cairney or Iwobi need to take the reigns as that's partly what he (Andreas) thrives on.

filham

Quote from: Milo on October 23, 2023, 11:19:12 PMThought Willian was our clear MOTM.

Yes ,Spurs committed a number of fouls on Willian, he was bothering them for sure. Also what was the reason for the regular barracking of Willian.

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on October 24, 2023, 11:08:56 AM

Yes ,Spurs committed a number of fouls on Willian, he was bothering them for sure. Also what was the reason for the regular barracking of Willian.

Ex arsenal and I think he turned down a last minute move to them.

blingo

Quote from: Motspur Park on October 24, 2023, 08:27:52 AMI think some of you are missing the point of the OP. As usual it is a wind up from this character. He is not talking about the best Fulham player..... he is ridiculing Bassey for his two errors which assisted the Spurs goals and another which Spurs did not take advantage of and he was close to giving a penalty away.
The conversation moved on to FFC man of match discussion but as usual, nothing but vitriol comes from the OP.

Actually made me laugh. He clearly hit his objective with your reaction. The board is seriously lacking the fun element it used to have. Try laughing now and again, it helps you live longer.

The Old Count

Quote from: Motspur Park on October 24, 2023, 08:27:52 AMI think some of you are missing the point of the OP. As usual it is a wind up from this character. He is not talking about the best Fulham player..... he is ridiculing Bassey for his two errors which assisted the Spurs goals and another which Spurs did not take advantage of and he was close to giving a penalty away.
Oh! I don't know if it's vitriol from the OP.  It's nice to get an objective view from a Brentford supporter.