more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by Marcel_Gecov, October 24, 2023, 11:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Interesting throwaway in todays Athletic with Peter Rutszler:

While the 26-year-old defender had hoped to leave in the summer...his circumstances have since changed. A source [said there is]...a possible resumption of contract talks with his current deal expiring next summer.

This could be the shot in the arm our defence needs. I think he is back to individual training so hopefully we can invite him back - he wont get the big move he wants if he doesnt play for a year anyway.

Craven Mad

We could definitely do with him back but he really just needs to mature now. He's in the middle of his career and, whilst he may have big ambitions, he may need to accept that a starting place in a premier league team should be his goal.

It's been years of back and forth with him and the endless agent-talk is wearing thin

filham

It would be good to have Tosin available but only if he intends to stay with us,we really don't want him if he is going to continually be looking for a better club.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: filham on October 24, 2023, 02:34:27 PMIt would be good to have Tosin available but only if he intends to stay with us,we really don't want him if he is going to continually be looking for a better club.

To be honest, he comes across a mature level headed guy.  Although he clearly has been pursuing a move - I haven't seen him having a tantrum, refusing to play or in any way disrespecting the club.

If he signs (provided it is a 3 year plus extension), then I think that would prove his commitment.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Lordedmundo on October 24, 2023, 03:10:28 PM
Quote from: filham on October 24, 2023, 02:34:27 PMIt would be good to have Tosin available but only if he intends to stay with us,we really don't want him if he is going to continually be looking for a better club.

To be honest, he comes across a mature level headed guy.  Although he clearly has been pursuing a move - I haven't seen him having a tantrum, refusing to play or in any way disrespecting the club.

If he signs (provided it is a 3 year plus extension), then I think that would prove his commitment.

Agreed Id condier an extension if he agreed to play his heart out for us. Games like yesterday was made for him and we need someone back so we can bring Bassey in on the LCB safely without relying on Ream at RCB.

Free Elvis Hammond

Keeping him would be a big step in the right direction

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on October 24, 2023, 04:03:53 PMKeeping him would be a big step in the right direction

I feel its become more likely after the news this afternoon.

Bassey the warrior

I'd love for him to stay as I prefer him to Diop, very little in it though. That being said Rutzler had a similar story about Carvalho last year and that one didn't end up the way we hoped. Let's see what happens.

Dodgin

May find it difficult getting into Spurs first 11.

C Block

Quick fact, Tosin has the same personal trainer as my daughter in Wandsworth.

bobbo

Quote from: C Block on October 24, 2023, 05:09:20 PMQuick fact, Tosin has the same personal trainer as my daughter in Wandsworth.
so try get some info
1975 just leaving home full of hope

hovewhite

Getting him back in the fold , then further good news after Marco signing .

Jim©

Surely with Marco choosing to drop him for Diop means that Marco staying isnt ideal for Tosin?

ianthailand

Quote from: C Block on October 24, 2023, 05:09:20 PMQuick fact, Tosin has the same personal trainer as my daughter in Wandsworth.
Can she play Right Sided Centre Back?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jim© on October 25, 2023, 12:59:37 PMSurely with Marco choosing to drop him for Diop means that Marco staying isnt ideal for Tosin?

Silva dropped Diop after the Bournemouth game and he only got back in the line up because Ream got injured. Tosin played the last 10 games and looked really good.

Chutney

Tosin back and staying would be huge.

Ream, Diop and Tosin is great depth and would mean we don't need to sign another CB.
C O Y W

Cumbrian White

Depends, if by signing a new contract he's suddenly fit and available for selection again I wouldnt bother. Clearly no one is showing interest or willing to meet our valuation, he'll be able to talk to other clubs shortly and now maybe signing a new contract with us? Sounds a little like no other option available.

Sorry, finding the modern day footballer a little insufferable.

alfie

Quote from: Cumbrian White on October 25, 2023, 03:15:29 PMDepends, if by signing a new contract he's suddenly fit and available for selection again I wouldnt bother. Clearly no one is showing interest or willing to meet our valuation, he'll be able to talk to other clubs shortly and now maybe signing a new contract with us? Sounds a little like no other option available.

They are earning a living, it's their career, obviously like anyone of us you try and do/get the best you can.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitestone

Quote from: Cumbrian White on October 25, 2023, 03:15:29 PMDepends, if by signing a new contract he's suddenly fit and available for selection again I wouldnt bother. Clearly no one is showing interest or willing to meet our valuation, he'll be able to talk to other clubs shortly and now maybe signing a new contract with us? Sounds a little like no other option available.

Back in the summer Monaco were offering 10-11 million apparently. If that was the case we should have signed a replacement and taken the money for a player who at that time didn't want to be with us and only had one year left on his contract. It looks like we held on for more and look where we are now. The situation was handled poorly IMO.