https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodrigo Muniz

Started by blingo, October 25, 2023, 12:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: Whitestone on October 25, 2023, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: Chutney on October 25, 2023, 01:19:42 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on October 25, 2023, 12:43:48 PMMuniz is easily the worst of the three striker options we have so I can't see any benefit in starting him.

Our current strikers are awful, so why not play the youngest of them and see if they can develop?
Premier League football isn't a game of chance. We've all seen Muniz and also know that he couldn't hold a place in the Championship with Middlesbrough last season. He simply isn't the answer. I'd love to be proved wrong but I just can't see it.

Boro's gameplan changed when Carrick took over, and no one was going to replace Akpom with his form. Muniz just wasn't the speedy striker the tactics demanded.

Raul is still my choice. His misses aren't far off, and he's actually hitting the target, it's just not with confidence enough to put his laces through. However, he holds the ball up well, wins headers, and distributes passes well. I'm fine with Vini as well, even though he's just a bit more wild and doesn't distribute under pressure as well as Raul. Scoring goals though, so he should start and bring Raul in the second half.

filham

Well we gave Jiminez and Vinnie 45 minutes each against Spurs, perhaps Brighton may find it difficult to adjust if we give each of our three strikers 30 minutes each.

Yes we have purchased three strikers as Mitro substitutes and all they have given us is a problem of how to move them on. That sounds bitter and cruel but it is the severe lack of goals that drives me to say it.

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Whitestone on October 25, 2023, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: Chutney on October 25, 2023, 01:19:42 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on October 25, 2023, 12:43:48 PMMuniz is easily the worst of the three striker options we have so I can't see any benefit in starting him.

Our current strikers are awful, so why not play the youngest of them and see if they can develop?
Premier League football isn't a game of chance. We've all seen Muniz and also know that he couldn't hold a place in the Championship with Middlesbrough last season. He simply isn't the answer. I'd love to be proved wrong but I just can't see it.

Bring back Stansfield. If they're good enough they're old enough!

fancyfeet4

I get the idea of..."what do we have to lose" and "it cant get worse."

But honestly it can.  The team clearly knows Muniz is the guy and it doesnt just magically happen at the top level if it doesnt happen in practice or in the CHampionship

On one hand, Jiminez finds himself in good spots and is very close to scoring some goals. But on the other he looks unconfident and just needs one to hit the back of hte net.

Sadly, I would keep Jiminez and just hope one of these finds the back of the net.

@jolslover

Muniz has looked bright in the cameos he has made so far this season in my opinion. I think Silva was impressed with him in pre-season also .. hope he gets a shot at some point as I think he definitely has a high ceiling. Definitely a handful

Also, I actually think Jimenez and Vinicius both did alright against Tottenham - we could have had anyone up front and it would have been difficult. Jimenez especially I thought linked up with our midfielders well
STH H3

Chutney

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on October 25, 2023, 05:27:35 PMI get the idea of..."what do we have to lose" and "it cant get worse."

But honestly it can.  The team clearly knows Muniz is the guy and it doesnt just magically happen at the top level if it doesnt happen in practice or in the CHampionship

On one hand, Jiminez finds himself in good spots and is very close to scoring some goals. But on the other he looks unconfident and just needs one to hit the back of hte net.

Sadly, I would keep Jiminez and just hope one of these finds the back of the net.

This just isn't true for Jimenez though, he has scored recently for Mexico against very poor opposition. his issue is ability not confidence. He's absolutely fine when the opponents are bad.
C O Y W

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Cambridge Away on October 25, 2023, 03:28:41 PMPlayers always look better in cameos.

Should get them to play 30min each then!

ron

Quote from: Chutney on October 26, 2023, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: fancyfeet4 on October 25, 2023, 05:27:35 PMI get the idea of..."what do we have to lose" and "it cant get worse."

This just isn't true for Jimenez though, he has scored recently for Mexico against very poor opposition. his issue is ability not confidence. He's absolutely fine when the opponents are bad.

Agree. He always seems to be a yard short of pace and/or on the wrong side of defenders to use the chances he gets.

TC's Sporran

i'd try bdr up front. im sure its been tried before when mitro was out.

Whitestone

Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 26, 2023, 04:19:14 PMi'd try bdr up front. im sure its been tried before when mitro was out.
Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 26, 2023, 04:19:14 PMi'd try bdr up front. im sure its been tried before when mitro was out.

Silva tried it away to Brighton last season. It didn't work. I think BDR played in three different positions in that game. Vinicius and Solomon came on as second half subs and combined for Solomon to score an unlikely winner.

copthornemike

Muniz is the weakest technically of our three main strikers (and BDR) but football is a funny sport and he could well be the better scorer of the three.

Twig

When Mitro was out Vini scored a few important goals for us, he was also our joint second top scorer in the Prem and clear second top scorer in all comps last season. I'm not for one moment suggesting he's the answer, but I think his track record for us suggests he's the best of a poor bunch of choices.

davew

If he wasn't good enough to play for an average Championship side which had him on loan, how can he possibly be good enough for an average Premier League team?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Why not, what other options do we have? What position did he play when he was regularly scoring with Bristol City, well I thought he was but anyway but having checked...26 goals in 135 games ... at Fulham 21 goals in 134 games, maybe not! Bring back Stansfield, best option in my opinion!

JEEVES

Quote from: davew on October 26, 2023, 07:11:30 PM
If he wasn't good enough to play for an average Championship side which had him on loan, how can he possibly be good enough for an average Premier League team?

Didn't Eddie Nketia get recalled from Leeds when they were in the championship? He wasn't playing at all. Got recalled and was making appearances for Arsenal in the prem the same season.

davew

Quote from: JEEVES on October 26, 2023, 07:25:11 PM

Didn't Eddie Nketia get recalled from Leeds when they were in the championship? He wasn't playing at all. Got recalled and was making appearances for Arsenal in the prem the same season.
Yes he was but not sure how you can compare him with Muniz? Far more quality and Chelsea had him on his books when he was 9.

JEEVES

Quote from: davew on October 26, 2023, 07:30:41 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on October 26, 2023, 07:25:11 PM

Yes he was but not sure how you can compare him with Muniz? Far more quality and Chelsea had him on his books when he was 9.

Chelsea had him on their books when he was 9? What's that got to do with anything? So was Martell Taylor-Crossdale and he now plays for Haverfordwest county.

I'm not comparing him to nketia, I'm comparing the situation. Saying it IS possible to not be picked in the  championship on loan and still become a premier league quality player.

Sometimes certain managers don't fancy certain players. Look at Parker with Mitro, he preferred Cavaleiro up top instead.

Not sure why people value Michael Carricks opinion so much lol

roberto w6

Wondering whether moving Raul into the so-called no.10 role where Pereira plays might be worth a try. He's obviously lost his confidence in front of goal and playing him there, while Pereira seems off-form, behind Vinicius, Muniz or BDR may take the pressure off him and increase his confidence longer-term in front of goal as well as give us a fresh approach in the attacking midfield/second striker role.

Who knows...but overall we seem to be looking stale and predictable in the last third. Maybe freshening things up would help, although I appreciate the earlier comments that Silva sees them all in training so would be thinking of all options everyday.

Twig

Quote from: roberto w6 on October 26, 2023, 08:35:19 PMWondering whether moving Raul into the so-called no.10 role where Pereira plays might be worth a try. He's obviously lost his confidence in front of goal and playing him there, while Pereira seems off-form, behind Vinicius, Muniz or BDR may take the pressure off him and increase his confidence longer-term in front of goal as well as give us a fresh approach in the attacking midfield/second striker role.

Who knows...but overall we seem to be looking stale and predictable in the last third. Maybe freshening things up would help, although I appreciate the earlier comments that Silva sees them all in training so would be thinking of all options everyday.

I think that is certainly worthy of consideration. But whether Marco would entertain the idea? I doubt it.

@jolslover

Because he's looked good every time he's played this season ..

STH H3