watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Bournemouth Vs Burnley

Started by Fulham 442, October 28, 2023, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

What a farce VAR is. How long did it take for the decision to be made that the Burnley equaliser was offside. Hats off to Clinton Morrison for telling Mike Dean in the Sky Sports studio that he changed his mind about ten times looking at the "goal", which was eventually ruled out after about five minutes...

Drewry66

I watched it. Thought the rule was benefit of the doubt to the striker? If it takes over 5 mins to decide then surely there is doubt and goal stands? Just looked impossible to tell. If that is indeed the rule I'd be fuming if I were Burnley. Draw prob would have been better for us as well.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The VAR people are now scared stiff of making an error.

Drewry66

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 28, 2023, 05:30:10 PMThe VAR people are now scared stiff of making an error.

If the rule is benefit of the doubt to the striker their fear has made them make yet another error anyway. Lol. Useless they are

Whitestone

The most important thing is that the correct decision is made. I'm not a fan of VAR but if we have it those making decisions shouldn't be under a time pressure however frustrating that is for those watching the match.

Karlos

Quote from: Whitestone on October 28, 2023, 06:38:46 PMThe most important thing is that the correct decision is made. I'm not a fan of VAR but if we have it those making decisions shouldn't be under a time pressure however frustrating that is for those watching the match.

Agree, rather they take their time and get it right than rush and get it wrong which we've seen all too often

hovewhite

As long as the right decision is made that's fine.

AJW48361

Standard of Officials an all time low imo.

Nick Bateman

They should be mic-ed up and on the big screen as in rugby with their respective TMO system, then at least the fans and viewing public would be entertained not kept in the dark. But just this week IFAB have just ruled that out claiming that small amount of openness would cause in their words "chaos"!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"