watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The insane kit wasn’t bad

Started by McBrideOfFrankenstein, October 31, 2023, 06:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBrideOfFrankenstein

I wasn't a fan of the brutally keyed-up shade of pink when it was announced but after Brighton I wouldn't mind it for every fifth game or so. Maybe it can work sort of as as WWII dazzle camouflage

Fulham 442

Twig

Jules

Cumbrian White

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on October 31, 2023, 06:34:09 PMI wasn't a fan of the brutally keyed-up shade of pink when it was announced but after Brighton I wouldn't mind it for every fifth game or so. Maybe it can work sort of as as WWII dazzle camouflage

Yep, like it, bought it but I like pink anyway

bog

I like the club to 'be in the pink' but not kit wise. No thanks. 

ChesterTheTabby

If it's for one game in support of fundraising for breast cancer or something - got it. As a normal kit - awful.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Somerset Fulham

I've said elsewhere, that I think that it is absolutely tremendous! To the point that I am tempted to buy a top for the first time in over two decades.

Only, I'm not paying those kind of prices for one. That's an absolute pisstake.

General

It's not for me necessarily about having pink as a colour, it's this shade being a particularly aggressive one, that and also the fact that pink has nothing to do with our clubs colours and there was no context as to why the shirt was pink, not even to acknowledge women or something else meaningful.

Dixie

Absolutely love the pink kit!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

FFC1987

Too much like a highlighter pen shade to me. If that was a duller shade, tone like last seasons green kit, I'd be all over it. It's just a garish tone for my liking.

Dodger53

So much easier to see that the shades of grey alternative. Looked good in the pooring rain / poor visabilty at Brighton.

RaySmith

Quote from: General on October 31, 2023, 10:16:07 PMIt's not for me necessarily about having pink as a colour, it's this shade being a particularly aggressive one, that and also the fact that pink has nothing to do with our clubs colours and there was no context as to why the shirt was pink, not even to acknowledge women or something else meaningful.

Yes, but we all know that all these different kits every season are for commercial reasons, to have different kit designs every season in order to sell them to make money for the kit manufacturers, and the club.

I remember when we had our run to FA Cup final in 1975, that you couldn't buy our 'lucky' black and red striped shirt, which we wore for most games since mostly we were away, in the club shop, though you could buy black and red  scarves.
Marketing  opportunities ignored in those days!

Texas White

I would buy one if they weren't so expensive to ship. We should wear it more often.

alfie

I don't care what colour they wear, it's what's inside the kit that counts.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

There are pinks and there are shades of pinks.
I have seen some quite decent ones on my travels.

Unfortunately the one they wore on Sunday reminds me of a cold bucket of sick.
Whoever was responsible for choosing that particular pink cannot be wired right and needs a check from the neck up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

I like it, proper Stabilo Boss highlighter pink. Easy to know where your team mates are.

Lordedmundo

I guess it was designed with younger fans/females in mind - which is why as a fifty something bald bloke I find it hideous!

Having seen it in the shop, it also looks really cheap - the third kit looks much better.

As others have mentioned, good however for the players to wear in inclement weather conditions!

Holders

Hideous is the word but it was undeniably striking. That said, the colour has nothing whatsoever to do with Fulham's colours (neither has green, yellow or grey).

Leave well alone and stop trying to be trendy for trendy's sake, I say.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Dodger53 on November 01, 2023, 12:12:14 PMSo much easier to see that the shades of grey alternative. Looked good in the pooring rain / poor visabilty at Brighton.
Exactly this. Especially for peripheral vision, easy to see team mates.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.