watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC MUST PLAY

Started by Nick Bateman, November 03, 2023, 09:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Surely even Marco Silva can see what many Fulham fans observe that Tom Cairney is a must starter and if fit should play in EVERY Fulham game.

The man known as Fulham's "Glenn Hoddle" exudes superior play-making and goal scoring to his many gifts and is not utilised enough. Against a faltering Man.United TC will shine and cause them headaches.

We must also play Paulinha as Silva has sometimes played one but not the other in the same team.

I hope Marco starts with a positive attitude and takes the game to them tomorrow.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Twig

Personally I'd prefer to start with Cairney and Palhinha.

jarv

Palhina selection is obvious and I think TC should be playing as a link between him and the strikers on the day.

TC's Sporran

sadly marco likes pereira reed lukic iwobi ahead of tc. its a crying shame to see what he can do with the ball and not get game time.

The Rational Fan

Tom Cairney's stats for premier league games as a substitute are awesome, but as a starter his stats are poor. So, surely he should be a substitute, but maybe he could come on a little earlier than normal.

KentFulham

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 04, 2023, 12:58:45 AMsadly marco likes pereira reed lukic iwobi ahead of tc. its a crying shame to see what he can do with the ball and not get game time.

Lukic was poor at Ipswich, he is off the pace, often caught napping

Thailand Mick

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 04, 2023, 01:24:29 AMTom Cairney's stats for premier league games as a substitute are awesome, but as a starter his stats are poor. So, surely he should be a substitute, but maybe he could come on a little earlier than normal.
yes I agree with this that Tom is best when he comes on fresh against tired players and when the game gets stretched.

Fernhurst

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 04, 2023, 01:24:29 AMTom Cairney's stats for premier league games as a substitute are awesome, but as a starter his stats are poor. So, surely he should be a substitute, but maybe he could come on a little earlier than normal.

I would prefer to leave it to Marco as when and how to use TC effectively, granted he looked very good against Ipswich, but it was an Ipswich team containing many changes. Marco sees him every day at training so I trust him to make the correct choices.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Baszab

Lukic is a weak link
Contributes very little but glides around the pitch
Going through the motions without exerting himself too much
Much rather have Reed even if less skilful

Twig

It's Palhinha not Palhina, Paulinha, or any other bastardisation of his name. Just saying.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 04, 2023, 06:31:40 AM

I would prefer to leave it to Marco as when and how to use TC effectively, granted he looked very good against Ipswich, but it was an Ipswich team containing many changes. Marco sees him every day at training so I trust him to make the correct choices.

yeah but he sees pereiras lack of form on the pitch yet still picks him.
i would prefer marco to have some balls and go for it and take the game to them instead of placing too much importance on closing them down and selecting players out of form ahead of better players.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Twig on November 04, 2023, 11:50:29 AMIt's Palhinha not Palhina, Paulinha, or any other bastardisation of his name. Just saying.

im surprised he doesnt get called pally.  or does that still belong to gary palister?

Nick Bateman

Silva gave TC 1 minute of normal time while Lukic was on the 76th minute and headless DeCordova-Reid at 81th. Woeful substitutions by Marco cost Fulham a close match.

Cairney scored in his previous game but was virtually ommitted from the next match - maybe Silva doesn't want goals?!?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

St Eve

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 04, 2023, 03:12:11 PMSilva gave TC 1 minute of normal time while Lukic was on the 76th minute and headless DeCordova-Reid at 81th. Woeful substitutions by Marco cost Fulham a close match.

Cairney scored in his previous game but was virtually ommitted from the next match - maybe Silva doesn't want goals?!?
Yes but as soon as he came on United scored  ::wink::

Mr White

How TC did not get a least 20 mins is a mystery.
 Lukic is no where as creative.

hovewhite

this is the stats your referring to I guess?