more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 15/11/23...

Started by WhiteJC, November 15, 2023, 08:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham eyeing Joao Palhinha replacements amid continued Bayern Munich interest

Joao Palhinha signed a new contract recently but admitted he wants to go a 'higher' level
    Bayern Munich sporting director Christoph Freund revealed the club are still keen on a deal
    Fulham are doing work on possible replacements for midfielder

Fulham are making plans to replace star midfielder Joao Palhinha in January with Bayern Munich ready to rekindle their interest, 90min understands.

Palhinha almost joined Bayern for just shy of £60m in the summer and was in Munich on deadline ready to put pen-to-paper on a contract, but Fulham could not secure a replacement and so pulled the plug on the transfer.

Since the move collapsed, Palhinha has signed a new long-term deal at Craven Cottage that makes him the club's highest paid player and Fulham have denied reports that this contract includes a release clause.

Despite the immense disappointment of his failed move, the 28-year-old has since returned to action and is once again showing outstanding form.

90min understands that while Fulham are insisting they do not want to lose Palhinha, they are aware Bayern are still interested and the midfielder remains keen on such a move. For that reason, the Cottagers are looking at a number of midfielders who they could their attention to in 2024.

Manchester City's Kalvin Phillips remains a player that Fulham appreciate along with Tottenham's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, while Fluminense's Andre is a player they have tried to sign on more than one occasion over the past year. Whether any of those players would be attainable in January remains to be seen, but Fulham again know they can't allow allow Palhinha to leave without some sort of replacement lined up.

Bayern's continued interest in Palhinha has been underlined by the club's sporting director Christoph Freund. Speaking to BILD this week, he said: "Of course, he is still on our radar. The club worked intensively with Palhinha in the summer.

"I was there for the bit on the last, strange day of the transfer window, but you can't say yet what will happen. We are generally exploring the market."

Palhinha has also spoken about what a possible January transfer and he has again revealed his desire to get to a 'higher' place in the game.

"I'm 28, but I know I can go higher and I'm looking to the future with that ambition," he told O Jogo.

Speaking about his failed move to Bayern, he added: "I don't know what will happen in the future. Obviously, it's really affected me and my family, but that's all in the past, I don't want to think about it too much.

"It's a great source of pride, you know what happened. In my life everything that has happened has been for a reason, I like to think of it like that.

"The future will tell me whether what happened was really what had to happen or not, but only the future will show me that.

"I want to keep going the way I've been going, nobody has given me anything throughout my career, and everything I've achieved is down to my worth, my work. I hope it stays that way. "

https://www.90min.com/posts/fulham-joao-palhinha-replacements-bayern-munich-interest

WhiteJC

Why Raul Jiménez could yet come good this season

It was a difficult weekend again for all those connected with Fulham. Sunday's result is another disappointing loss in a game where once more, the Whites failed to stay competitive for long enough. Giving away the ball too many times and chances came a plenty for Fulham's opponents, who in all seriousness looked happy to be playing Fulham. Villa are a great side at home, but Fulham did not respect their home record by being more wary and defensively sound.

It's something that fans of Fulham will have to get used to. It's hard to imagine a world where Fulham get relegated this season, but if the defence doesn't start to pull their weight and the team in general fails to keep it tight, then Fulham will flirt with relegation until the end of the season – there can be no doubts there.

The main point of difference this season is not the defence, but the lack of a front man to ease the pressure on the defence and sustain attacks. We crave a man who can take the ball under pressure, win a foul, or bring others into play. Someone who can generate pressure that the team can sustain through fast regains and a high press.

Account: open

One glimmer of hope and the only real positive Fulham can take is that Raul Jimenez, signed from Wolves last summer, finally opened his account for the club with a tap in after some decent positional play. It was the kind of confidence in front of goal we've missed seeing from a Fulham striker this term. It was a good enough run from Jiménez who found himself on the end of a great pass from Robinson, who also assisted Raul's only other goal in white, against Hoffenheim in pre-season. Fulham will hope there is a connection brewing; it may be too tenuous at the moment, but they will hope, nonetheless.

The truth is Raul has been very short of luck so far in his Fulham career. He's hit the woodwork on two occasions and has a shooting accuracy of 40% (better than Mitrovic last season). He has also taken 15 shots (six on target) across all competitions. He's certainly not shy of shooting and can do so in many inventive ways. The problem for him might just be that elusive first goal in a competitive fixture. It's not quite the goal that comes in a dramatic Fulham win; a consolation in a disappointing afternoon is not exactly glamorous, but it could be a big boost for his confidence in a club that needs a goal-scoring threat.

More than goals

We must remember as well that Raul's going to get better with the ball at his feet and creating. Fulham have created 11 big chances all season, Raul Jiménez has created two of those. That's not bad for a player who is out of form and lacking confidence. Add to that he's not started every Premier League game. Marco once again recited the fact that he has faith in the striker to eventually hit form with more goals, but he would do well to emphasise that the goals should come from all over the pitch and Raul can contribute assists too.

The main issue is creating the chances for him. As Fulham move forward this season, they'll be relying on him to be Johnny on the spot. The style of delivery and service will need to be much more direct and much quicker. With Fulham crossing deep and high for Mitrovic, the team can no longer loft it in the middle and expect Jiménez to challenge in the same way. The ball must be delivered earlier and to feet, so he can make the most of the touch and shoot mechanism that I believe truly suits his goal scoring style.

With the international break it's a shame that the players can't work together now to find the best route to goal via Jiménez, but as the season goes on, it may become more apparent to the wide areas that it is that type of service that will get the best out of him. With Adama Traore back in the side as well, Jiménez may find comfort in a familiar face coming down the right flank.

He may not be the answer to Mitrovic, but while we look for a direct replacement in January and beyond, Raul can provide some hope that the team can operate on a higher goal scoring level by playing to his strengths and feeding him fast and early. There is a goal scorer in there, he just needs the right service, and he could come into the goals now that his long wait for one is over.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-11-14-why-raul-jimenez-could-yet-come-good-this-season/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Joao Palhinha reiterates desire to leave despite signing new contract
The midfielder was hours away from joining Bayern Munich in the summer before Fulham pulled the plug

Joao Palhinha has again cast doubt over his Fulham future by reiterating his desire to play at a "higher" level.

The midfielder was hours away from joining Bayern Munich in the summer, going as far as flying out to Bavaria for a medical only for Fulham to reject the £57million bid after failing to secure a replacement.

Palhinha soon after signed a contract extension until 2028, with an option for a further year. It remains to be seen if Bayern will make a fresh approach in January, but have continued to track the performances of the Fulham man.

Speaking in a press conference ahead of Portugal's games against Liechtenstein and Iceland, Palhinha admitted: "I don't know what will happen in the future.

"I want to keep going the way I've been going. Nobody has given me anything throughout my career, everything I've achieved is down to my worth, my work. I hope it stays that way. I'm 28, but I know I can go higher and I'm looking to the future with that ambition."

Addressing his collapsed move to Bayern, he added: "It's really affected me and my family, but that's all in the past, I don't want to think about it too much. It's a great source of pride, you know what happened.

"In my life, everything that has happened has been for a reason, I like to think of it like that.

"The future will tell me whether what happened was really what had to happen or not, but only the future will show me that."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fc-palhinha-contract-transfer-b1120180.html

WhiteJC

Fulham want to sign £110,000-a-week Tottenham Hotspur player
Fulham are interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

That is according to 90min, which has claimed that Fulham have other potential midfielders on their radar as well.

So, what has been reported about Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg? Let's take a look.

What's the story?
Well, according to 90min, Fulham are on the hunt for a new midfielder and have identified Tottenham Hotspur and Denmark international Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg as a potential target.

Bayern Munich wanted to sign Joao Palhinha from Fulham in the summer of 2023 and remain keen on the midfielder.

The Bundesliga champions could make a bid for Palhinha in 2024.

So, according to the report, Fulham are looking at potential replacements for Palhinha.

Fulham reportedly "appreciate" Manchester City and England international midfielder Kalvin Phillips and are also interested in Hojbjerg.

Fulham could struggle to sign Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Tottenham Hotspur
I do not think that Fulham will be able to sign Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Tottenham Hotspur in the January transfer window or even in the summer of 2024.

First of all, Tottenham themselves may not be willing to sell Hojbjerg in the middle of the season.

After all, Spurs are very much in the running for the Premier League top four and could even challenge for the title.

Yes, Hojbjerg is now just a squad player at Tottenham under head coach Ange Postecoglou, but things could change.

Secondly, Hojbjerg has interest from other clubs. There is speculation that Juventus and Atletico Madrid are interested in the £110,000-a-week (SalarySport) Denmark international.

I do not think that Hojbjerg would pick Fulham over Juventus and Atletico.

Juventus and Atletico are bigger clubs than Fulham and regularly challenge for major trophies.

Hojbjerg is 28 now and is in his prime, so I believe that he would prefer to join a club where he would get the chance to win trophies.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/14/fulham-want-to-sign-110000-a-week-tottenham-hotspur-player/

Stevieboy

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 15, 2023, 08:26:57 AMFulham eyeing Joao Palhinha replacements amid continued Bayern Munich interest

Joao Palhinha signed a new contract recently but admitted he wants to go a 'higher' level
    Bayern Munich sporting director Christoph Freund revealed the club are still keen on a deal
    Fulham are doing work on possible replacements for midfielder

Fulham are making plans to replace star midfielder Joao Palhinha in January with Bayern Munich ready to rekindle their interest, 90min understands.

Palhinha almost joined Bayern for just shy of £60m in the summer and was in Munich on deadline ready to put pen-to-paper on a contract, but Fulham could not secure a replacement and so pulled the plug on the transfer.

Since the move collapsed, Palhinha has signed a new long-term deal at Craven Cottage that makes him the club's highest paid player and Fulham have denied reports that this contract includes a release clause.

Despite the immense disappointment of his failed move, the 28-year-old has since returned to action and is once again showing outstanding form.

90min understands that while Fulham are insisting they do not want to lose Palhinha, they are aware Bayern are still interested and the midfielder remains keen on such a move. For that reason, the Cottagers are looking at a number of midfielders who they could their attention to in 2024.

Manchester City's Kalvin Phillips remains a player that Fulham appreciate along with Tottenham's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, while Fluminense's Andre is a player they have tried to sign on more than one occasion over the past year. Whether any of those players would be attainable in January remains to be seen, but Fulham again know they can't allow allow Palhinha to leave without some sort of replacement lined up.

Bayern's continued interest in Palhinha has been underlined by the club's sporting director Christoph Freund. Speaking to BILD this week, he said: "Of course, he is still on our radar. The club worked intensively with Palhinha in the summer.

"I was there for the bit on the last, strange day of the transfer window, but you can't say yet what will happen. We are generally exploring the market."

Palhinha has also spoken about what a possible January transfer and he has again revealed his desire to get to a 'higher' place in the game.

"I'm 28, but I know I can go higher and I'm looking to the future with that ambition," he told O Jogo.

Speaking about his failed move to Bayern, he added: "I don't know what will happen in the future. Obviously, it's really affected me and my family, but that's all in the past, I don't want to think about it too much.

"It's a great source of pride, you know what happened. In my life everything that has happened has been for a reason, I like to think of it like that.

"The future will tell me whether what happened was really what had to happen or not, but only the future will show me that.

"I want to keep going the way I've been going, nobody has given me anything throughout my career, and everything I've achieved is down to my worth, my work. I hope it stays that way. "

https://www.90min.com/posts/fulham-joao-palhinha-replacements-bayern-munich-interest

I don't think Bayern will want to pay what he's worth so he'll stay.

WhiteJC

Joao Palhinha admits his failed £55m Bayern Munich deadline day move 'really affected me' - as sporting director confirms the Fulham star remains on their radar

Joao Palhinha came close to joining the Bundesliga champions last summer
    Midfielder signed a new contract running until 2028 with Fulham weeks later 

Joao Palhinha has admitted that his failed deadline day transfer to Bayern Munich took its took on him and his family.

The Fulham midfielder was set to complete a move to German champions and had flown to Munich to complete his medical, but the transfer fell through on deadline day due after the Cottagers were unable to find a replacement.

The 28-year-old recovered from the disappointment and has continued to impress in west London, despite his side's poor form this term.

As the winter transfer window approaches, discussion has turned to whether the combative midfielder could see his transfer resurrected.

'I don't know what will happen in the future.' Palhinha told O Jogo ahead of Portugal's Euro qualifiers against Liechtenstein. 'Obviously, it's really affected me and my family, but that's all in the past, I don't want to think about it too much.

Joao Palhinha admitted that his failed move to Bayern Munich affected him and his family

Despite Fulham's stuttering form, Palhinha has remain a ominant force in midfield and leads the league in number of tackles made (52)

Bayern Munich sporting director Christoph Freund (pictured) confirmed that Palhinha remains on the club's radar

'It's a great source of pride, you know what happened. In my life everything that has happened has been for a reason, I like to think of it like that.'

Palhinha penned a new contract at Fulham just weeks later and insisted upon its announcement that he was '100 per cent' committed to the club and thanked the fans for their support.

'The future will tell me whether what happened was really what had to happen or not, but only the future will show me that.' He added.

'I want to keep going the way I've been going, nobody has given me anything throughout my career, and everything I've achieved is down to my worth, my work.

'I hope it stays that way. I'm 28, but I know I can go higher and I'm looking to the future with that ambition.'

Bayern Munich sporting director Christoph Freund confirmed that the club remain interested in the player who has registered more tackles than anyone else in the Premier League this season.

The Bavarian giants were unable to sign an alternative to Palhinha and also sold midfielder Ryan Gravenberch to Liverpool, leaving them short on numbers in the position during the first-half of the campaign.

'Of course he is still on our radar.' Freund told Sport Bild. 'The club worked intensively with Palhinha in the summer.

'I was there for the bit on the last, strange day of the transfer window, but you can't say yet what will happen. We are generally exploring the market.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12747089/Joao-Palhinha-admits-failed-55m-Bayern-Munich-deadline-day-really-affected-sporting-director-confirms-Fulham-star-remains-radar.html

WhiteJC

Liverpool can succeed with Prem swoop as club's best player admits 'I can go higher'; Euro giants must be overcome
Liverpool could finally sign Portuguese midfielder Joao Palhinha after the star made a big hint about a move away from Fulham, although Jurgen Klopp's side will have to fend off Bayern to complete the transfer.

Liverpool were keeping tabs on Palhinha as he rose to prominence during his time at Primeira Liga club Sporting. However, rather than move to Anfield, Palhinha ended up going to Fulham in a £20million deal.

That move has proven to be a masterstroke from the Cottagers. Palhinha has established himself as one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League, and he is arguably the most important player at Marco Silva's disposal.

According to FBref, Palhinha has made the most tackles out of any player in Europe's big five leagues so far this term, with 52. The next Premier League star on the list – Tottenham Hotspur full-back Pedro Porro – is way down in eighth spot, with 39 tackles made.

As per WhoScored, Palhinha has been Fulham's best player so far this season, as he is the only one to pick up an average rating higher than 7 (7.06, to be exact).

Liverpool were linked with the 28-year-old over the summer, as Klopp looked to engineer a midfield rebuild following the departures of Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita.

The Reds ended up landing alternative midfielders, and Palhinha then became a target for Bayern instead. The German titans agreed a £55m deal with Fulham, but the transfer did not go through as Fulham could not secure a replacement in time.

Palhinha remains a top target for Bayern boss Thomas Tuchel ahead of the January window. Although, the battle-hardened midfielder may end up staying in the Premier League, as Liverpool re-entered the race for him last month.

Joao Palhinha discusses future amid Liverpool, Bayern interest
Palhinha is currently away on international duty with Portugal. At a recent press conference, he was asked about his future.

While the 23-cap international is not sure where he will end up, he has claimed he 'can go higher' than his current team, which will delight potential suitors Liverpool and Bayern.

"I don't know what will happen in the future. Obviously it [the failed Bayern move] really affected me and my family, but that's all in the past, I don't want to think about it too much," he said (via O Jogo and Sport Witness). "It's a great source of pride, you know what happened. In my life everything that has happened has been for a reason, I like to think of it like that.

"The future will tell me whether what happened was really what had to happen or not, but only the future will show me that. I want to keep going the way I've been going, nobody has given me anything throughout my career, everything I've achieved is down to my worth, my work. I hope it stays that way.

"I'm 28, but I know I can go higher and I'm looking to the future with that ambition."

After Palhinha's switch to Germany fell through, his brother Goncalo said: "They didn't kill the dream, they just postponed it. Very proud of my brother and the player I represent.

"Words of appreciation, recognition and thanks to the entire Bayern structure. The affection for the club in our family will remain forever even though my brother didn't sign."

Of course, Liverpool do already have Wataru Endo, Ryan Gravenberch and Alexis Mac Allister, all of whom can operate in the defensive midfield role. Although, Mac Allister and Gravenberch may be better suited to a more advanced midfield position, which could leave space in the squad for a traditional No 6 like Palhinha to arrive at Anfield.

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/succeed-prem-swoop-liverpool-club-best-player-admits-can-go-higher-euro-giant-battle

WhiteJC

Fulham keen on Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips
Fulham are interested in signing Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips, with Joao Palhinha's future remaining in doubt, as per 90min.

The Cottagers are making plans to replace Palhinha who almost joined Bayern for just shy of £60m in the summer transfer window.

Palhinha is a key player for Fulham and has signed a new long-term deal at Craven Cottage. He is the highest-paid player at the club and has been in outstanding form this season.

Fulham are aware that Bayern Munich have not given up on signing Palhinha and that they could make a move in January.

90min claims that Fulham are looking at a number of midfielders and one of them is Phillips. The England international has struggled for regular games at the Etihad and a potential move in January is expected.

Fulham should move for Phillips
The 27-year-old midfielder joined Man City from Leeds in the summer of 2022 and has failed to make an impact. While Pep Guardiola acknowledges the talent of Phillips, he cannot give him regular game time.

According to a report from the Mirror, Guardiola has given him the green light to make the move in January.

Phillips won the Premier League title with City last season but he will definitely be aiming to play more regularly. These are the prime years for a central midfielder and wasting time on the bench is hardly ideal.

The highly-rated midfielder could get offers from other Premier League clubs as well, and a loan move in January looks likely. He should decide to move to a club where he will get regular games, and Fulham won't be a bad option.

https://sports-view.co.uk/2023/11/fulham-keen-on-manchester-city-midfielder-kalvin-phillips

WhiteJC

Fulham face two major transfer questions in bid to halt alarming slide
Marco Silva's goal-shy side are desperate for another new striker, while much hinges on the future of midfield talisman Joao Palhinha

After a solid start to the season, a run of three defeats in four Premier League games has seen Fulham drop to 16th in the table.

Here, Standard Sport assesses how the Cottagers are faring.

Season so far in one word: Toothless

Verdict compared to pre-season expectations: Following last season's 10th–placed finish was always going to be tough, and the sale of talisman Aleksandar Mitrovic tempered expectations.

But Fulham's lack of goals has been a bigger problem than expected. Only Burnley have scored fewer than their 10 in the top-flight.

How is the manager doing? Sunday's defeat at Aston Villa followed the same script as the draw at Brighton a fortnight ago. Fulham were better in the second half after looking miles off the pace in the first.

Marco Silva's team are usually composed in midfield and counter-attack well, but they must start games better. The manager did sign a new contract a few weeks ago, committing until summer 2026, in a huge boost for Fulham.

Reason to be cheerful: As the season has progressed, some of Fulham's best performers have been their summer signings.

Although Silva wanted more players through the door, Alex Iwobi and Timothy Castagne have both been excellent. While Raul Jimenez has disappointed so far, Calvin Bassey is improving all the time. Signs of good recruitment.

Reason to be fearful: The struggles in attack. Jimenez, Carlos Vinicius and Rodrigo Muniz are never going to be regular providers of goals. Fulham must sign a reliable goalscorer in January to avoid falling into the mire.

Fans' mood: Pleased with a solid defensive base, supporters are understandably concerned about the lack of goals and recent form. January will answer some important questions.

Will Fulham sign a striker? Will they keep Joao Palhinha? In both cases, they need to.

Overall grade: C-

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fc-transfers-joao-palhinha-b1120245.html

WhiteJC

Wayne Rooney has Jay Stansfield plan as Birmingham City boss uses Sir Alex Ferguson pep talk
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes Wayne Rooney on his work with striker Jay Stansfield

Wayne Rooney is using his own experiences to turn Jay Stansfield into a natural goalscorer for Birmingham City.

Stansfield is Blues' top scorer with five goals from 13 appearances in the Championship during a productive loan spell from Fulham. He has scored twice and assisted once in his last three Blues matches and Rooney has made it his personal mission to improve Stansfield's output in front of goal.

"I wouldn't say he's a natural goalscorer," said Rooney. "I think he will score goals and you can see the goals he's scored have been really good goals. I want him to get more tap-ins, I want him to be in the middle of the goal.

"For instance, I was delighted with his position for the own goal against Ipswich. Being in that position where he gets tap-ins. That is something we are trying to improve with him. Energy-wise and goals-wise I have been delighted with him. If I can improve them one, two, five percent, we will be working to do that."

Stansfield arrived at Blues as a versatile forward, but he made no secret of his preference for the number 10 position. Rooney sees some similarities between himself and Stansfield.

"I was never a natural goalscorer," says Rooney, who broke Manchester United and England's scoring records during his illustrious playing career. "I wasn't. I was never a natural goalscorer. I wasn't a number nine.

"I remember Alex Ferguson telling me to do less work. I was working too hard and losing my energy when I was in front of goal.

"Going from playing as a number 10 to a number nine, and being patient in your position, the two best seasons I had were playing as a lone striker. I scored 68 goals in those two seasons by being patient and in the middle of the goal. That took time for me to get to that.

"Just being in the middle of the goal and having the anticipation will get him from scoring 15 goals to 25 goals a season."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wayne-rooney-birmingham-city-stansfield-28104372

WhiteJC

Fulham signing makes 'incredible confession' about failed summer transfer – Money was the problem
On Tuesday, RTL Info in Belgium published an interview with Fulham's Timothy Castagne, who gave an 'incredible confession' about the summer transfer window.

The radio station sat down with the defender to discuss his current status as well as any other news that might have been happened, which is when they got him to talk about a near move to Juventus.

That shouldn't come as a surprise after Leicester were relegated to the Championship and the Belgian's past in Serie A with Atalanta, but the 27-year-old eventually ended up at Fulham in exchange for €13m after a move to Turin failed to materialise.

The right-back gave his explanation on the matter, with RTL Info claiming that 'serious negotiations' took place.

Castagne said: "There was interest (from Juventus), but it blocked a bit money wise. We had been speaking with Fulham and the manager for a while. It dragged a bit, but in the end it was done and I'm very happy."

Since joining, the Fulham right-back has played in all nine games he was eligible for for the Craven Cottage side in the Premier League, as well as two others in the EFL Cup.

This comes after 112 appearances for Leicester, where he picked up five goals and assisted another eight during his three years there.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-signing-makes-incredible-confession-failed-summer-transfer-money-problem/

WhiteJC

Fulham now "ready to spend" over £40 million to sign striker in January
The Whites want to back Marco Silva with a much-needed forward.

Fulham are ready to spend over £40 million to bring a striker to Craven Cottage and solve manager Marco Silva's goalscoring problem.

Fulham misfiring under Silva
Both Raul Jimenez and Carlos Vinicius have scored just two Premier League goals between them this season, an issue that needs to be addressed if Silva wishes to climb up the table. Indeed, only relegation candidates and newly-promoted Burnley have scored less than Fulham overall so far - which comes as a worrying statistic.

Silva, after signing his new deal until 2026 last month, spoke of the desire to leave a legacy behind and potentially challenge for silverware. However, his side's lack of goalscoring potency in the final third could thwart this ambition if left unresolved.

Fulham are apparently eyeing new striker options in January, with Stuttgart star Serhou Guirassy targeted by Silva and Gent striker Gift Orban linked with a move to Craven Cottage too.

Orban was a reported target for Spurs and Fulham in the summer window, while Guirassy started the season in absolutely superb form before his recent injury. Former star forward Aleksandar Mitrovic, who scored 14 league goals for the Cottagers last season, departed for Saudi Arabia before deadline day and it appears Fulham are struggling to replace his influence in the attacking areas.

Fulham ready to spend over £40 million on striker
Now, an update has come to light on Silva's side and their determination to source more goals mid-season. According to Football Insider and journalist Pete O'Rourke, Fulham are ready to spend over £40 million on a striker in January and Silva will be backed by the board.

Signing a new number nine is seen as "key", with some FI sources even believing Silva's side are willing to smash their transfer record to make it happen. As well as a new centre-forward, Fulham are believed to want a defensive replacement for Tosin Adarabioyo, while a new central midfielder could also be chased if Joao Palhinha is subject to intense interest once again.

Fulham should sign Gift Orban
Of all the striker targets mooted by media sources, we believe Nigeria sensation Orban is a fantastic candidate. The 21-year-old has bagged seven goals across his Jupiler Pro League and European appearances for Gent so far this season, and burst onto the scene late last term with six goals in six league outings (WhoScored).

Orban has been praised as one of Nigeria's most exciting young talents of recent times, with Gent head coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck calling him a "phenomenon".

"He's a phenomenon and he will continue to be a phenomenon. I've said it five times and I'll keep saying it," he said after the African bagged a hat-trick in August.

"Even if he is no longer here, he will remain a phenomenon and I will continue to say that. He is 21 and remains a young guy. His hat-trick? That is nothing special in itself anymore, is it?"

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-now-ready-to-spend-over-40-million-to-sign-striker-in-january/

WhiteJC

Bayern still interested in a January move for Premier League midfielder
Fabrizio Romano has reported that Joao Palhinha is still on Bayern Munich's list for January, with director Freund stating "of course he's still on our radar!".

Palhinha was targeted by Bayern in the summer, however a failed move on deadline day saw the midfielder return to Fulham, with the deal collapsing at the final hurdle.

Bayern Munich are currently 2nd in the Bundesliga with 29 points, two points behind 1st placed Bayer Leverkusen. Both clubs are unbeaten in the Bundesliga after 11 games, however Bayern Munich have won nine and drawn two, whilst Leverkusen have won 10 and only drawn one.

If the positions stay the same going into January, this could convince Bayern even more to dip into the market and acquire the midfielder they wanted this summer.

Palhinha has made 12 appearances for Fulham this season in all competitions, scoring two goals and totalling 1,005 minutes of football.

Fulham are currently 16th in the Premier League on 12 points, but do sit six points off of the drop, with Luton in 18th place on six points.

With Palhinha being a key player for Fulham, this could mean that his price tag rises in the January window due to his importance in survival in the Premier League, and having to replace him mid season.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/11/14/bayern-still-interested-in-a-january-move-for-premier-league-midfielder/

WhiteJC

Fulham retain Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg interest
Fulham retain an interest in Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg ahead of the January transfer window as they look for a Joao Palhinha replacement.

According to 90min, Fulham retain an interest in Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg ahead of the January transfer window. The 28-year-old Tottenham star can leave the club as he does not want to play second fiddle, with the Cottagers likely to target him to replace Joao Palhinha.

The January transfer window could see plenty of movements, especially in the midfield department. Apart from Manchester City, most clubs are looking for a new midfielder to strengthen their squad or replace a potential departure during that window.

Fulham are at the forefront of proceedings as they continue to plan on Joao Palhinha's potential departure in January. The Portuguese midfielder came very close to signing for Bayern Munich, who retain an interest. But there is plenty of competition for him from other sides this time.

Losing Palhinha would seem like a massive blow to Marco Silva's plans for the second half of the season. Replacing him would appear vital, but it is the case of finding the right player. Fulham have already set sights on several targets, including Fluminense's Andre, as Liverpool are no longer interested.

Similarly, they are interested in Scott McTominay. But recent developments point towards Manchester United keeping hold of the Scotland international. Silva is still keen to explore more options, and as per the report, he is ready to return for Tottenham's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

The 28-year-old Tottenham star has previously been an essential player for the North London club But he has been playing second fiddle to Yves Bissouma and Pape Matar Sarr. The Danish international would like to move away and has plenty of interest from some of the top continental clubs.

For instance, a recent report suggested he had already agreed to terms with Atletico Madrid and Juventus. For those sides, deciding a fee with Tottenham is all that remains to finalise a move. But their asking price could prove problematic for either side.

This is where Fulham could make their move and edge those top continental sides in the race. There were rumours that Hojbjerg did not fancy a move to the West London side in the summer, and that could come back to bite Silva again in January.

Hence, while Hojbjerg remains a solid name on their list, signing the Danish international would seem difficult for the Cottagers. The 28-year-old Tottenham star will likely move to one of the continental sides like Juventus or Atletico Madrid.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/11/14/fulham-retain-pierre-emile-hojbjerg-interest/

WhiteJC

Fulham now considering move for 'unbelievable' £42m PL player in January
Fulham are reportedly considering a move for Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips in the January transfer window.

A report from 90min has shared some of the potential options the club is considering to try and improve the squad in the upcoming window.

There are some glaring issues in Marco Silva's Fulham team right now.

Fulham simply aren't scoring enough goals right now, although Silva will be delighted that Raul Jimenez has finally got off the mark.

There is the looming presence of Bayern Munich in the rearview mirror for Fulham, with Joao Palhinha in their sights.

The Portuguese giant signed a new contract alongside Harrison Reed in September.

That doesn't mean he can't leave, but it means the German giants will have to pay top dollar for the 28-year-old.

Replacing Palhinha is going to be next-to-impossible but Fulham are considering a move for Kalvin Phillips in January to fill that potential gap.

Described as 'unbelievable' by Kevin-Prince Boateng, the England international is a very good player.

However, his lack of minutes at Man City right now is harming his international future and a move to the Cottage might appeal if Palhinha moves on.

Fulham considering Phillips move in January
The report from 90min suggests that Phillips, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Andre are all on Fulham's list of potential replacements for Palhinha.

However, it's unclear whether any of these players will be available in January and if Fulham will let Palhinha go.

The Portuguese was speaking about his failed move in the summer yesterday and said: "I don't know what will happen in the future.

"I want to keep going the way I've been going. Nobody has given me anything throughout my career, everything I've achieved is down to my worth, my work.

"I hope it stays that way. I'm 28, but I know I can go higher and I'm looking to the future with that ambition."

If Fulham do lose Palhinha in January, then Phillips would be a decent replacement.

Signed for £42m by Man City, he would surely be available for a lot less than that considering how little he's played at the Etihad.

He's a very capable player but his reputation has been slightly damaged by his lack of minutes.

Breaking into the team ahead of Rodri has proved virtually impossible although when Rico Lewis was picked ahead of him that might have been his sign to move on.

Bringing in Phillips would be a great move for Fulham but keeping Palhinha would be the dream.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/11/14/fulham-now-considering-move-for-unbelievable-42m-pl-player-in-january/

WhiteJC

"He wasn't very happy" – Fulham player on his spat with teammate
Fulham fullback Timothy Castagne has opened up about his problems with Thibaut Courtois at the Belgian national team.

As the 27-year-old was today interviewed by RTL, he was asked about the public comments he made regarding the goalkeeper back in October.

That happened after Courtois refused to play a match after learning he wouldn't captain Belgium in that game. That led to Castagne saying they'd do fine without him, and the Fulham player claims things are calmer now.

"I spoke with him, but it's not the right timing. It's not the right time. It was taken a little out of context. He wasn't very happy, afterwards we talked about it, and that's good. But it's true that when you see sentences like that, coming out of the interview, he must not have been very happy. We talked about it calmly and everything went well," said Castagne.

Castagne even ended up claiming that he hopes Courtois will be with Belgian's squad for the Euros.

"With or without Courtois, there's a difference, so we'd rather have him with us. But I said enough at the last meeting. I think it'll be sorted out with the coach, we'll all talk about it together, but now's not the time to talk about it."

Courtois is currently recovering from a knee injury, having not played for Real Madrid this season, and is just watching how Belgium do in the Euro qualifiers.

The Red Devils already secured qualification for the tournament, and now need the squad brought together for next year's campaign.

The Fulham player's interview with RTL got big attention in the Belgian and English media today, as the player also detailed how the summer transfer window went for him, as he drew interest from Juventus as well.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wasnt-happy-fulham-player-spat-teammate/

WhiteJC

Euro 2024 qualifiers: 'It's my time' - Wales' Wilson
Wales and Fulham forward Harry Wilson says he's "stepped up to the plate" for his country in the absence of retired Gareth Bale and injured Aaron Ramsey.

Wilson scored both Wales goals in October's 2-1 Euro 2024 qualifier victory against Croatia - and won his 50th cap - to keep alive hopes of reaching Germany next summer.

He has started every competitive Wales match since the World Cup in Qatar a year ago and looks set to play a key part in the final Euro qualifiers away to Armenia on Saturday and home to Turkey next Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67422196

WhiteJC

Antonee Robinson risks upsetting the Fulham dressing room as he names the best - and WORST - Call of Duty players in Marco Silva's squad

The defender was quick to respond to questions about his team-mates skills
    A number of Premier League players have been excited about game's launch

Antonee Robinson has named the best Call of Duty player in Fulham's senior squad - and singled out the team-mate who he believes isn't up to par.

The launch of the franchise's latest edition, Modern Warfare III has whipped up a number of fans of the game into a feverish state, and footballers have been far from immune.

Jack Grealish took to social media ahead of the launch of the latest reboot of their sub-series to share pictures of maps he hoped would be included in the sequel to 2009's Modern Warfare III - and England team-mates Bukayo Saka and Jordan Pickford are also avowed fans of the franchise.

Earlier this month, Victor Osimhen and his Napoli club-mates went head-to-head in an exclusive beta tournament, with the Chelsea target's team falling to players including Giovanni Di Lorenzo and Kvicha Kvaratskhelia in a best of three matches.

But Robinson might have been glad of the assistance of the Nigerian striker on his side, compared to one of his Fulham team-mates.

Antonee Robinson didn't pull any punches when he named the best and worst Call of Duty players on Fulham's squad

The left back's team-mates could be in for a surprise if named worst of the bunch ahead of the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

Speaking at the game's launch party, Robinson shared that Harry Wilson was the worst of the Cottagers, and gave his answer without hesitation.

'Worst player, Harry Wilson,' Robinson said when prompted.

'Best player (is) probably Andreas Pereira'.

A committed fan, Robinson shared that he was hoping 'they bring Verdansk back, so I'll see that on the campaign', in reference to major battleground in the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Whilst Pereira may have the upper hand over Wilson off the pitch, on the pitch this season, the Wales international has the edge, contributing two assists to Pereira's solo effort.

27-year-old midfielder Andreas Pereira was named the best player by team-mate Robinson

But Wales international Harry Wilson wasn't as lucky, as he was deemed the worst in the squad

Both players have scored just once for Marco Silva's side, as the club experiences a trying start to the season in front of goal.

Fulham have scored just 10 in total in the Premier League thus far, fewer than any other side outside of the relegation zone.

The west London side have been unable to kick on following their fine finish to the 2022-23 season, and the loss of their goal machine Aleksandar Mitrovic to Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal.

Winless in their last four league appearances, the Cottagers will look to improve on their troubling 16th-place position against Wolves, rampant following their last-gasp win against Wolves ahead of the international break. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12750073/Antonee-Robinson-Fulham-Call-Duty.html

WhiteJC

£20m Fulham player is on CL club's radar ahead of January transfer window
Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha is still on Bayern Munich's radar ahead of the January transfer window.

Journalist Christian Falk has taken to social media to deliver the latest update he's heard on the Portuguese's future.

It's no surprise that as the winter transfer window approaches, clubs are starting to circle around Joao Palhinha once again.

The £20m midfielder is one of the best players in the world in his position right now.
Fulham FC v Manchester United - Premier League

Fulham are going through a difficult patch at the moment and it's no surprise that Palhinha's slight dip in form has coincided with three defeats in four league matches.

He struggled to deal with John McGinn against Aston Villa and was sold a dummy by the Scot and Bruno Fernandes the week before when they both scored from outside the box.

That hasn't dissuaded Bayern Munich from considering making another move for Palhinha in January.

Even the new contract he signed in September is unlikely to stop the biggest teams in Europe considering a move for the 28-year-old.

After losing Aleksandar Mitrovic and the effect that's had on the team, Fulham simply can't afford to lose Palhinha this winter, even if they've been linked with a Premier League-level replacement.

Bayern still keen on Palhinha in January
Taking to X, formerly Twitter, Falk said: "Our Story: Christoph Freund, Head of Sports @FCBayern, confirmed Transfer Target Joa [Joao] Palhinha (FC Fulham): "Of course he's still on our radar!"

It would be a huge blow for Fulham to lose Palhinha, but it's no surprise Bayern are still interested given how close they came to signing him in the summer.

The midfielder was in Germany on deadline day getting ready to confirm the move but Fulham blocked his exit when they failed to sign a replacement.

It sums up the way the club is run in the transfer market currently that they didn't foresee any late interest in the Portuguese considering how amazing he was during his debut Premier League campaign.

The fact he's signed a new deal shows they're being proactive, but Fulham must be prepared to receive an offer they can't refuse in the upcoming transfer window.

Bayern are by no means running away with the Bundesliga right now and will see Palhinha as the sort of signing they can make in January that could have an immediate impact.

Whether or not Fulham are even willing to negotiate midway through the season is another matter.

The club are in a precarious position in the Premier League and his exit would all but confirm the club would be entering a relegation battle for the rest of the campaign.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/11/15/20m-fulham-player-is-on-cl-clubs-radar-ahead-of-january-transfer-window/