watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All Time Fulham Dream Team

Started by filham, November 21, 2023, 12:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The international break not yet over, six days to the Wolves match and we don't know who will be available to play, rumour market saturated about a new Fulham striker, best to say as little as possible about England performance, no new news about our later than late new stand.
Well I am going to repeat an old favourite just to cheer me up.

My all time best line up for a Fulham team made from our best ever players.

Tony Macedo

George Cohen   Chris Coleman  Brede Hangeland   Jim langley

Bobby Robson       Palhinha

Johnny Haynes

Ivor             Beddy Jezzard       Boa

Field that line up against Wolves and our goal drought would be over and forgotten by half time. 

alfie

Quote from: filham on November 21, 2023, 12:49:54 PMThe international break not yet over, six days to the Wolves match and we don't know who will be available to play, rumour market saturated about a new Fulham striker, best to say as little as possible about England performance, no new news about our later than late new stand.

Tony Macedo

Johnny Haynes

Field that line up against Wolves and our goal drought would be over and forgotten by half time. 

Of course that's assuming that Wolves don't put out their dream team, they've had some tasty players in their time.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Its criminal that Mousa Dembélé isn't featuring in anyone's team!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have not really thought this through but Steve Finnan, Graham Leggatt and Alan Clarke immediately come to mind. We could have a very good subs bench!

JimmyConway

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 21, 2023, 01:26:33 PMIts criminal that Mousa Dembélé isn't featuring in anyone's team!
I agree Belgium Dembele would have to be in an all time great Fulham team along with Alan Clarke Van Der Sar Malbranque Saha possibly Houghton certainly Finan.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: JimmyConway on November 21, 2023, 01:37:25 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 21, 2023, 01:26:33 PMIts criminal that Mousa Dembélé isn't featuring in anyone's team!
I agree Belgium Dembele would have to be in an all time great Fulham team along with Alan Clarke Van Der Sar Malbranque Saha possibly Houghton certainly Finan.
[/quo

And I forgot Jimmy Conway!

Jim©

Schwarzer

Steve Finnan     Brede Hangeland Tim Ream   Bonnissel (I know)

Dembélé        Palhinha

Steed Malbranque

Ivor             Saha       Boa

bog

Macedo

Cohen Bentley Moore Langley

Mullery Haynes (capt) (of course)

Leggat Clarke Jezzard Mitten 

Subs Van Der Sar, Saha, Barrett, Hangaland, Palhinha 

C Block

Quote from: filham on November 21, 2023, 12:49:54 PMThe international break not yet over, six days to the Wolves match and we don't know who will be available to play, rumour market saturated about a new Fulham striker, best to say as little as possible about England performance, no new news about our later than late new stand.

Tony Macedo

Johnny Haynes

It's just my opinion, but I think Tony Gale was a far better centre half than Chris Coleman, a lot more technically gifted.

Southcoastffc

VDS
Finnan
Hangeland
Goma
Bonnisel
Murphy
Dembele MK1
Malbranque
Saha
Berbatov
Willian

Subs:Schwarzer, Christanval, Sean Davis, Rufus B, Gera, Palhinha

No formation, tactics "just go and play"
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

TheOnionBag

VDS
Finnan
Hangeland
Gale
Bonnisel
Diarra (Mahamadou)
Dembele MK1
Malbranque
Saha
Ivor
Barret

filham

Interesting posts, Yes I agree that I should drop Coleman from my line up and replace him with Tony Gale and perhaps replace Hangeland with the great Bobby Moore.

Tactics are easy for my dream line up, just get the ball to Haynes in midfield and leave it to him.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: bog on November 21, 2023, 03:28:33 PMMacedo

May I just comment on the natural way that Bentley converted from an old fashion C/F to an old fashion C/H. He read the game perfectly from his new position and played a large part in the development of 17 year old Alan Mullery playing beside him.

Free Elvis Hammond

For no reason, I'm going to limit myself to players not already mentioned, and no current players just in case (also only those I've actually seen)

Southcoast has done me here by naming Christanval, Davis, Brevett and Gera on his bench

Niemi
Konchesky
Boca
Hughes
Kelly
Karagounis
Diop
Collins
Duff
McBride
Montella

RaySmith

No George Best, Rodney Marsh, Malcolm Macdonald, Damien Duff, Zoltan Gera, Clint Dempsey - we could probably put out at least three great teams, if you considered all players at their peaks.

bencher

I wonder if this exercise was run 12 months ago, how many would have had Mitrovic in their 11 or at least on the bench.

C Block

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on November 21, 2023, 07:25:04 PMFor no reason, I'm going to limit myself to players not already mentioned, and no current players just in case (also only those I've actually seen)

Southcoast has done me here by naming Christanval, Davis, Brevett and Gera on his bench

Niemi
Konchesky
Boca
Hughes
Kelly
Karagounis
Diop
Collins
Duff
McBride
Montella
And to think you could have had Riise and Parker !!!
Seems to me the more money our club spends the worse we get 🥺

Somerset Fulham

I get that Haynes was exceptional but why were Fulham so rubbish if he was the star of the show?

I am too young to know but I see these other players mentioned that played with him all of the time and yet we were bang average at best and didn't even make a cup final with them.

bog

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 21, 2023, 06:03:34 PM
Quote from: bog on November 21, 2023, 03:28:33 PMMacedo

May I just comment on the natural way that Bentley converted from an old fashion C/F to an old fashion C/H. He read the game perfectly from his new position and played a large part in the development of 17 year old Alan Mullery playing beside him.

Johnny Haynes said the best signing we made was Roy Bentley.

Penfold

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 21, 2023, 08:59:21 PMI get that Haynes was exceptional but why were Fulham so rubbish if he was the star of the show?

I am too young to know but I see these other players mentioned that played with him all of the time and yet we were bang average at best and didn't even make a cup final with them.

Haynes retired before I was born but I had relatives that went during that era and they said that Fulham were generally 2/3 players from being a team that could do well regularly. The team went on some bonkers runs (generally to avoid relegation!)