watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maths question

Started by Grassy Noel, November 23, 2023, 08:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassy Noel

If a team is deducted ten points for one offence then how many points are deducted for 115 offences?
Is the answer
A 1,150
B 42 (the answer to everything) or
C 0  (because it all happened a long time ago and expensive lawyers may get involved).

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Grassy Noel on November 23, 2023, 08:54:53 AMIf a team is deducted ten points for one offence then how many points are deducted for 115 offences?
Is the answer
A 1,150
C 0  (because it all happened a long time ago and expensive lawyers may get involved).

That does not add up, it divides opinion and multiples attention, minus any common sense.

Therefore i go for :-

D)  It's not what you know it's who you know.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Don't forget to add in the big six factor.

MikeTheCubed

1,150 suspended for 18 months.

Lighthouse

Parsley have just been thrown out of the FA Cup for fielding an unregistered player. So decisions can be done quickly. Financial irregularities take forever and apparently the bigger or most influential club the longer it takes. City have been under suspicion or investigation for what seems like several seasons. I believe that any irregularities that are found will only be punished when it doesn't harm them as much.

My belief in the rules being fair or being equally fair to all are zero.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Grassy Noel on November 23, 2023, 08:54:53 AMIf a team is deducted ten points for one offence then how many points are deducted for 115 offences?
Is the answer
A 1,150

None, it will be one specimin charge garnering a slapped wrist and 114 TICs!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ianthailand

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 23, 2023, 11:34:01 AMParsley have just been thrown out of the FA Cup for fielding an unregistered player. So decisions can be done quickly. Financial irregularities take forever and apparently the bigger or most influential club the longer it takes. City have been under suspicion or investigation for what seems like several seasons. I believe that any irregularities that are found will only be punished when it doesn't harm them as much.

How much will Oregano be fined?

Twig

The answer is the square root of not a lot.

Plodder

Financial Fair Play is like commercial law, taxation and accounting. Trying to implement fairness is a constant battle between legislators on one side, and on the other, organisations using professional expertise to comply with the wording of the legislation whilst (in some cases) circumventing the intention behind it.

It is impossible for the layman to to understand exactly what wrongdoing is being alleged or form a considered opinion on any case, without investing a lot of time in researching it.

Some of the complexities of FFP are:

• Clubs can make a loss and still pass the Break Even test
  • The Break Even target thresholds change from season to season
  • UEFA assess Break Even over more than just one season
  • Certain expenditure can be excluded from the Break Even test
  • The permitted Break Even thresholds are in Euros

I acknowledge the good intention behind FFP, but it appears to be capricious in terms of which clubs get accused and which clubs are found guilty of breaching the rules. I would do away with FFP, and let clubs spend what they want. If it means a club like Manchester City dominates for a period, that is a hollow triumph.  In the long run, all empires decline anyway, and change is constant.

HV71

Quote from: ianthailand on November 23, 2023, 12:03:39 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 23, 2023, 11:34:01 AMParsley have just been thrown out of the FA Cup for fielding an unregistered player. So decisions can be done quickly. Financial irregularities take forever and apparently the bigger or most influential club the longer it takes. City have been under suspicion or investigation for what seems like several seasons. I believe that any irregularities that are found will only be punished when it doesn't harm them as much.

It will take a real sage to work that out.

sunburywhite

Quote from: HV71 on November 23, 2023, 01:06:32 PM

If he has Thyme to do it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ianthailand

Quote from: HV71 on November 23, 2023, 01:06:32 PM

Is it in mint condition?

alfie

Quote from: Plodder on November 23, 2023, 12:43:20 PMFinancial Fair Play is like commercial law, taxation and accounting. Trying to implement fairness is a constant battle between legislators on one side, and on the other, organisations using professional expertise to comply with the wording of the legislation whilst (in some cases) circumventing the intention behind it.

It is impossible for the layman to to understand exactly what wrongdoing is being alleged or form a considered opinion on any case, without investing a lot of time in researching it.

Some of the complexities of FFP are:

• Clubs can make a loss and still pass the Break Even test
  • The Break Even target thresholds change from season to season
  • UEFA assess Break Even over more than just one season
  • Certain expenditure can be excluded from the Break Even test
  • The permitted Break Even thresholds are in Euros

I acknowledge the good intention behind FFP, but it appears to be capricious in terms of which clubs get accused and which clubs are found guilty of breaching the rules. I would do away with FFP, and let clubs spend what they want. If it means a club like Manchester City dominates for a period, that is a hollow triumph.  In the long run, all empires decline anyway, and change is constant.
The real downside of that is a few lower league clubs overspending and going into administration and more than likely fold as a club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Kiwimike

The penalties to Man Sh***y, Chelsea and other big sixers will be as always 3/5ths of 5/8ths of SFA.

HobGoblin

Wish they'd all effed of with other greedy sh!tbag clubs, good riddence to a load of trash clubs. The FA (bottlejobs anyway) will do nothing as they are in the saudi and other oil states pockets.