A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolves Post-Match Thread and FOF MOTM Fulham 3v2 Wolves = Cairney

Started by love4ffc, November 27, 2023, 10:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FOF MOTM against Wolves and why?  

Leno
4 (1.1%)
Castagne
21 (5.9%)
Bassey
22 (6.1%)
Ream                🟨 19'
2 (0.6%)
Robinson         👟 assist 7'
0 (0%)
Reed                  ⬇️ 77'
1 (0.3%)
Cairney          
187 (52.2%)
Iwobi               ⚽️7'
58 (16.2%)
Pereira              🔁 76'
1 (0.3%)
WIllian              ⚽️ Penality 59'  ⚽️ Penality90+4    🔁 90+5'
60 (16.8%)
Jimenez             🔁 76'
0 (0%)
Vinicius             🔁 76'  
0 (0%)
H. WIlson          🔁 76'     🟨88'
1 (0.3%)
Tosin                🔁 90+5
0 (0%)
Lukic                🔁 90+5
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 358

Voting closed: November 29, 2023, 10:10:28 PM

southwest6

What a relief with that win. God did we need that.

::scarf::

jayffc

Well that was a nerve wracking one

Huge 3 points - 10 point cushion just what the doctor ordered.
Tough game next up at Liverpool and then another huge game at home to Forest. I think we can get around 8-9 points by January which will put us on schedule for the coveted 40 point mark and make us a better proposition to anyone coming in in January. Fingers crossed then we can push on.

Played well at times tonight

Iwobi, Cairney, Bassey, the stand outs for me. Thought Harrison did pretty well in the engine room and Willian was decent. Wilson again injecting some good pace off the bench.

All in all a deserved 3 points on the balance in my opinion

COYW

SuffolkWhite

Phew! thats it, nothing else to say but phew!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Rambler

As others have said I'm done with Vinicius. The guy is a hothead. Should have been sent off a couple of times this season with his stupid elbowing of peoples backs and now this 'head on head' moment

Al-Fayed

A lot of us have wanted to start Cairney for a long time and he didn't disappoint. We looked more creative in the last third. Willian took his penalties very well. If Mitro was still here we'd probably have lost 2-1! Iwobi pretty good tonight. Pereira lacked output. I love Tim Ream but this performance tonight may suggest that age is catching up with him. Precious victory.

Twig

Great effort to win that. I'm delighted for Marco and the lads. When we get injured players back we are covered in most areas. Ream can drop to the bench, Tete's return gives us more FB options, TC has shown he can last the full 90, all good.  But my oh my don't we need a proper striker! Jimenez is the invisible man and Vini's more fighter than footballer.

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

Quote from: ffcthereligion on November 27, 2023, 10:09:44 PMA result for the bed wetters tonight! Silva out!  :slap:

Have people actually been calling for Silva out?!

Eton White

Thought we looked very good in the second half and Cairney definitely played a big part in that - his game improved and along with it, so did the team's.

Vinicius was lucky not to have been red carded with his head "touch". I don't know what his problem is - he does this sort of thing far too often and it's going to cost us one day.

Willian took both penalties incredibly well. I did think the Wilson penalty was a bit soft though. In slow motion, you can see there was contact but he was running away from the goal and there wasn't really any goal threat. Without VAR, that would never have been given.

Anyway, a great result against a decent team and it puts some clear light between us and the relegation places.

SerbianLad

Quote from: demeant0r on November 27, 2023, 10:07:06 PMI feel so relieved! Great performance from Iwobi and Cairney. What is up with Vini? He's done this several times this season where he just unnecessarily instigates something.
Vini was great in preseason and was okay in his first few matches, but recently he has become a red card waiting to happen and offers next to nothing going forward. Raul is also very poor. I really hope Muniz comes back soon as he offers by far the most out of those three, in my opinon.

On the game, in the first half, I thought we had both good and bad moments and a draw was a fair result at half time. I thought we were the better team in the second half and deserved the win. Bar a few big defensive mistakes, we were pretty good.

I'd swap Palhinha for Reed, Tete for Castagne and Tosin for Ream in the next game for me.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The SKY commentators seemed to be willing Wolves to score throughout the game.
Hats off to Cairney and Bassey for outstanding performances and what a player Tom would have been had he not just used his right foot to stand on . I must admit that Wilson bought his penalty cleverly!

Tabby

I'd be tempted to try Wilson at striker at this rate. Surprisingly strong in the air and has some pace to get in behind.

demeant0r

Quote from: SerbianLad on November 27, 2023, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on November 27, 2023, 10:07:06 PMI feel so relieved! Great performance from Iwobi and Cairney. What is up with Vini? He's done this several times this season where he just unnecessarily instigates something.
Vini was great in preseason and was okay in his first few matches, but recently he has become a red card waiting to happen and offers next to nothing going forward. Raul is also very poor. I really hope Muniz comes back soon as he offers by far the most out of those three, in my opinon.

On the game, in the first half, I thought we had both good and bad moments and a draw was a fair result at half time. I thought we were the better team in the second half and deserved the win. Bar a few big defensive mistakes, we were pretty good.

I'd swap Palhinha for Reed, Tete for Castagne and Tosin for Ream in the next game for me.

Is Vini channeling the Mitro of old? I'd be fine with him never playing for Fulham again. He's scored a couple this season but they were mainly tap-ins which anyone can score.

Twig

Quote from: SerbianLad on November 27, 2023, 10:13:27 PM

I think those changes should clearly be made and then we should look a lot more solid. My big issue is who on earth Marco plays up front?

Twig

Quote from: Tabby on November 27, 2023, 10:16:49 PMI'd be tempted to try Wilson at striker at this rate. Surprisingly strong in the air and has some pace to get in behind.

Well we have to try something else and that's as good a shout as any.

SP

Fulham 442

Quote from: SimonDaviesEnjoyer on November 27, 2023, 10:06:31 PMThis is going to sound very bitter, but the Sky commentators are atrocious. So biased every time.
It's not sounding bitter at all. It's the truth!

TC's Sporran

not often a player scores 2 out of the 3 goals and doesnt get motm. but willians passing was a bit off tonight.

RaySmith

Quote from: Tabby on November 27, 2023, 10:09:12 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 27, 2023, 10:07:00 PMWell we take the result but Vinicius should not be considered as a player we should use. Frankly he could have been sent off twice in his last few appearances.

Agree. He came on, mostly just lost the ball, was nowhere near the area when the ball made its way there and could and probably should have been sent off.

He is worse than Mitro ever was with this tough guy act.
Quote from: southwest6 on November 27, 2023, 10:09:00 PM
Quote from: Oakeshott on November 27, 2023, 10:05:07 PMThank goodness.

If we stay up, there need to be several goodbyes at the end of the season. The two forwards tonight, plus regretfully a couple of our old heroes in Ream and Cairney.

Strange comment. TC was arguably the best player on the pitch tonight...
[/quote

Totally agree.
 Ream had a good game too, given our defence generally seemed very shaky in the first half, but much better second.

SerbianLad

Quote from: demeant0r on November 27, 2023, 10:18:31 PMIs Vini channeling the Mitro of old? I'd be fine with him never playing for Fulham again. He's scored a couple this season but they were mainly tap-ins which anyone can score.
He plays like Mitro played at Newcastle, but he does it without offering anything in the footballing terms. I'm shocked he did it again today. This was the last straw for me.

Quote from: Twig on November 27, 2023, 10:18:33 PMI think those changes should clearly be made and then we should look a lot more solid. My big issue is who on earth Marco plays up front?
That's the biggest question. As I said, I hope Muniz will be back soon. He's not perfect, but he's still by bar and away our best option at the moment, in my opinion.

Plodder

I voted for the unsung Timothy Castagne. He had a good game, with two superb defensive clearances in the six yard box, and some intelligent supporting runs in attack, especially in the first half.

Tom Cairney was influential as usual and overall had a good game, but from time to time punctured the momentum of promising attacks by passing backwards. He also misplaced more passes than he usually does.

Someone needs to check the graphics above. Willian has achieved the unusual feat of being substituted in the 82nd minute before coolly firing home the penalty in injury time.  Tom Cairney is shown as having stayed on the full 102 minutes, with Harrison Reed being substitued after 77 minutes.