A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolves Post-Match Thread and FOF MOTM Fulham 3v2 Wolves = Cairney

Started by love4ffc, November 27, 2023, 10:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FOF MOTM against Wolves and why?  

Leno
4 (1.1%)
Castagne
21 (5.9%)
Bassey
22 (6.1%)
Ream                🟨 19'
2 (0.6%)
Robinson         👟 assist 7'
0 (0%)
Reed                  ⬇️ 77'
1 (0.3%)
Cairney          
187 (52.2%)
Iwobi               ⚽️7'
58 (16.2%)
Pereira              🔁 76'
1 (0.3%)
WIllian              ⚽️ Penality 59'  ⚽️ Penality90+4    🔁 90+5'
60 (16.8%)
Jimenez             🔁 76'
0 (0%)
Vinicius             🔁 76'  
0 (0%)
H. WIlson          🔁 76'     🟨88'
1 (0.3%)
Tosin                🔁 90+5
0 (0%)
Lukic                🔁 90+5
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 358

Voting closed: November 29, 2023, 10:10:28 PM

love4ffc

Wolves Post-Match Thread - drop your thoughts here about the match and tell us who your FoF MOTM was!

It was an interesting lineup that Marco put out with Palhinha suspended.  Loved seeing Tom starting I was surprised not to see LuKic.  Fulham came out playing very well and very quickly though as always there were just too many wayward passes. 

Harry was a fantastic substitute and did really well to win that second penalty.  And how good was it to see back-to-back penalties scored by Willan?  Can't remember the last time a Fulham player scored back-to-back penalties. 

All and all though a very important three points for Fulham.   ::scarf::
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SP

I thought Bassey & Iwobi were great.

ChesterTheTabby

"Questionable penalties" - wouldn't be said if it was any of the "big" or more favored teams. We are often screwed by such decisions, so don't care and happy with the three points. We bettered wolves overall, despite the fact we desperately need a proper striker up front. So many great balls across the box with no one there.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

KJS

Hung on in there got 3 points all penalties look correct decisions but where the ref got 12 minutes added time from I don't know!!!

bobbo

My immediate thought " we so needed that win " .
Not seen a minute of the match just following the scowling .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Tabby

Tom Cairney showed his class this game.

Bassey very strong at CB this game. Wonder if him and Tosin/Diop will partner at some point.

Deeping_white

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 27, 2023, 10:03:44 PM"Questionable penalties" - wouldn't be said if it was any of the "big" or more favored teams. We are often screwed by such decisions, so don't care and happy with the three points. We bettered wolves overall, despite the fact we desperately need a proper striker up front. So many great balls across the box with no one there.

Remember Man City away last season with KDB, all of the media outlets and commentators calling him "clever", yet little old Fulham it's lucky or undeserved or whatever hyou want to call it

SP

10 points clear of the drop zone.

Oakeshott

Thank goodness.

If we stay up, there need to be several goodbyes at the end of the season. The two forwards tonight, plus regretfully a couple of our old heroes in Ream and Cairney.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 27, 2023, 10:04:51 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 27, 2023, 10:03:44 PM"Questionable penalties" - wouldn't be said if it was any of the "big" or more favored teams. We are often screwed by such decisions, so don't care and happy with the three points. We bettered wolves overall, despite the fact we desperately need a proper striker up front. So many great balls across the box with no one there.

Remember Man City away last season with KDB, all of the media outlets and commentators calling him "clever", yet little old Fulham it's lucky or undeserved or whatever hyou want to call it

Oh Christ, that's exactly it isn't it? "Clever KDB knew what he was doing and baited Robinson"
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

KJS

Quote from: Tabby on November 27, 2023, 10:04:23 PMTom Cairney showed his class this game.

Bassey very strong at CB this game. Wonder if him and Tosin/Diop will partner at some point.

I do think Tim Ream is struggling at the moment 😕

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

This is going to sound very bitter, but the Sky commentators are atrocious. So biased every time.

Lighthouse

Well we take the result but Vinicius should not be considered as a player we should use. Frankly he could have been sent off twice in his last few appearances. I will need to see the penalties but the opinion is that out of three given tonight only the Wolves one was clear.

Still we have had the luck of decisions tonight for the first time in some time. Against a Wolves side who are coming into form. I will take the points over the performance. But tonight does nothing to ease the doubt over our play. But players are coming back from injury. Which is a plus and three points is a big bonus.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

demeant0r

I feel so relieved! Great performance from Iwobi and Cairney. What is up with Vini? He's done this several times this season where he just unnecessarily instigates something.

Deeping_white

Bassey looks really solid, has pace to cover and on the ground he's a rock. With him at LCB and Tosin/Diop on the right I think it solves a lot of defensive issues, plus Tete being back will make us better too. We just need to start putting the ball in the net more regularly and then we'll keep climbing. Raul is a shadow of himself and Vini is as dumb as a rock, we need to get through to Jan and get a new forward and then it takes a lot of pressure off the team. You can see they're not at 100% mentally with the little errors, which I kind of get given where we sat in the table. With some confidence coming back into the team I think it cuts some of those little things out, confidence is a huge part of football

Steeeeeeeeeed

Felt like we were really running on empty up a steep hill but made it in the end, just.

We never once looked in control of the game really, Leno was our best player again, madesome good saves and was a calming presence when the defence was a bit shaky.

Ream had his worst game in a long time, did not look up to pace at all. Hopefully it's just a dip after the international break, and he will be be back to his smooth and controlled self next match.

Jimenez did nothing, Vini did even worse (could have got a red), it was Cairney and Willian who did our best attacking work, but weren't great, and Wilson did well when he came on

Still, a vital win. If we drew that I think we would be in real trouble, but they managed to get the 3 points.

Blawarmy

3 points. Get in! F**k the sky big club 'pundits'

southwest6

Quote from: Oakeshott on November 27, 2023, 10:05:07 PMThank goodness.

If we stay up, there need to be several goodbyes at the end of the season. The two forwards tonight, plus regretfully a couple of our old heroes in Ream and Cairney.

Strange comment. TC was arguably the best player on the pitch tonight...

Tabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 27, 2023, 10:07:00 PMWell we take the result but Vinicius should not be considered as a player we should use. Frankly he could have been sent off twice in his last few appearances.

Agree. He came on, mostly just lost the ball, was nowhere near the area when the ball made its way there and could and probably should have been sent off.

He is worse than Mitro ever was with this tough guy act.

ffcthereligion

A result for the bed wetters tonight! Silva out!  :slap: