watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's up with Vini lately?

Started by SerbianLad, November 27, 2023, 10:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Didn't watch the game but found the clip after seeing this post. I was expecting a lot worse. It could have got him in trouble but he doesn't really go for him. He stands up and gets a bit too close. Reckless rather than malicious. Hopefully he calms down and focuses on his football.

Carborundum

His approach to the pre match warm-up drills was insulting to the coach running them.  He'll be off in the New Year.

St Eve

Not good by Vinnie. If he scored like Mitro he would be forgiven, but he doesn't and it's not good

Texas White

He needs to be moved on. It's time

jayffc

Quote from: Texas White on November 28, 2023, 01:33:56 AMHe needs to be moved on. It's time

Yeh I'm beyond over the antics
He's a loose cannon.

Not the sort of behaviour I want representing our club. Got a screwloose and hes starting to do this sort of thing almost every game now. Itll cost us eventually.

Happy for him to move on in January if we can bring in a replacement. I dont wish him ill will. Grateful for his service but this petulance isn't for me

jayffc

Quote from: RaySmith on November 27, 2023, 10:44:26 PMOverreaction on here to his overreaction.

Yes, he needs to learn to not to react as he does, but is probably frustrated, knows he's not playing that well, is in and out the side, and has yet to get used to the Prem.

I'm sure Silva  tells him he needs to cool it - defenders will know that he's easy to wind up, is a red card waiting to happen.

Its the reaction to several incidents
All completely avoidable, all overly aggressive, all could have seen him sent off on a different day.

Once or twice is one thing but hes been reckless consistantly this year lashing out and seing the red mist

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 27, 2023, 11:45:19 PMDidn't watch the game but found the clip after seeing this post. I was expecting a lot worse. It could have got him in trouble but he doesn't really go for him. He stands up and gets a bit too close. Reckless rather than malicious. Hopefully he calms down and focuses on his football.

I disagree. You could see from his facial expression that he had completely lost it. A fraction closer and he could have broken the Wolves' players nose. Completely unacceptable behaviour, and it's not the first time. He needs to be replaced in January. He got his 15 minutes of Fulham fame when scoring that goal against Chelsea. Apart from that he hasn't really done enough to keep him.

His original role was to be a backup who would NEVER play as long as Mitro was match fit. We would never realistically get a top quality striker for THAT role. Things are different now. We can offer a top striker regular starts, which should make it much easier for our recruitment team. Unfortunately they didn't get enough time to replace Mitro in the summer window so we ended up with a low budged Wolves reject who is clearly past it. I expect our recruitment team to sort this out as soon as possible.

Whitesideup

Vini's first touch when coming on yesterday reminded me of Clough's comment, "he can trap it further than I can kick it". He didn't look like a Premier League footballer yesterday, and he was very lucky not to get a red. Saving grace was that it wasn't a powerful headbutt but still ...very lucky, and that may (or may not) have been crucial to us getting the three points. The ref had a very good view which probably helped VAR not refer him to the screen.

HV71

The guy is a liability. This is a team game and we needed eleven men on the pitch last night and he seriously jeopardised our position by his reckless actions. It isn't the first time and as far as I am concerned he should be moved on in the January window.

filham

If he were to start against Liverpool he would be half way to a red card at K.O.

That means 90 minutes of Jimenez and that means probably coming home without a goal.

Make no mistake we need a new target man.

hovewhite

He's a red card waiting,hasn't Marco or boa had a word it doesn't look like it to me.sooner muniz is back the better.

Nero

Vini needs to turn it down a level or 2 and Raul needs to turn it up a level or 2

Lighthouse

Never been a fan. His movement is not as good as Jimenez but seems more powerful. How we miss Muniz. But VINNI is a red card waiting to happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

peachcobbler

I have to stand corrected here. I was pretty confident at beginning of season in Vinny being okay this year, obviously not a replacement but figured he could help as part of a striker committee.

I was so wrong. He looks lost out there, and the prem is clearly way too physical for him. He doesn't jump, he has no first or second touch (evident by the play leading into the headbutt), and he isn't aggressive enough in the box.

I'd like to see him move on, get whatever we can for him if anything and focus on Raul, Muniz and signing a new one ST in Jan.

Colton F.C.

There is a possibility that the match officials may have noticed Vini's indiscretions over a number of matches................

Eton White

Quote from: hovewhite on November 28, 2023, 10:02:42 AMHe's a red card waiting,hasn't Marco or boa had a word it doesn't look like it to me.sooner muniz is back the better.

Not making excuses for Vinny as I agree he's a total liability, but I do wonder if Marco and Boa are encouraging the aggressiveness to some extent.

You can see it throughout the team (compared to previous Fulham squads, where we were always a bit of a soft touch). Marco's team puts itself about a lot more than previous Fulham teams, and there's no doubt Marco himself is a bit of a hothead.

There's a lot of positives to having a bit of fight in the team, but I wonder if Vinny is just taking it a bit too literally!

Just my observation - I could be completely wrong - but there's no way we'll be winning any fair play leagues under Marco and Boa!

JimOG

Quote from: jayffc on November 28, 2023, 01:47:54 AM
Quote from: Texas White on November 28, 2023, 01:33:56 AMHe needs to be moved on. It's time

Yeh I'm beyond over the antics
He's a loose cannon.

Not the sort of behaviour I want representing our club. Got a screwloose and hes starting to do this sort of thing almost every game now. Itll cost us eventually.

Happy for him to move on in January if we can bring in a replacement. I dont wish him ill will. Grateful for his service but this petulance isn't for me

If you believe Fulham News on Twitter Palmeiras are interested in taking him

alfie

Quote from: Eton White on November 28, 2023, 12:08:33 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on November 28, 2023, 10:02:42 AMHe's a red card waiting,hasn't Marco or boa had a word it doesn't look like it to me.sooner muniz is back the better.

Not making excuses for Vinny as I agree he's a total liability, but I do wonder if Marco and Boa are encouraging the aggressiveness to some extent.

You can see it throughout the team (compared to previous Fulham squads, where we were always a bit of a soft touch). Marco's team puts itself about a lot more than previous Fulham teams, and there's no doubt Marco himself is a bit of a hothead.

There's a lot of positives to having a bit of fight in the team, but I wonder if Vinny is just taking it a bit too literally!

Just my observation - I could be completely wrong - but there's no way we'll be winning any fair play leagues under Marco and Boa!
Being aggressive is one thing, being downright stupid is another.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Chutney

I think, unfortunately, he's just a bit thick...
C O Y W

Bassey the warrior

I've always said Vini is not the answer, he is lacking in most areas except that he gets the odd goal now and again. We should get shot of him in January.