watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's up with Vini lately?

Started by SerbianLad, November 27, 2023, 10:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on November 27, 2023, 10:25:13 PMHe needs to be more Vincent Van Gogh, and less Vinnie Jones.

Maybe he is, Van Gogh suffered from bad psychotic episodes and ended up cutting his ear off

Barrett487

Quote from: HV71 on November 28, 2023, 09:45:55 AMThe guy is a liability. This is a team game and we needed eleven men on the pitch last night and he seriously jeopardised our position by his reckless actions. It isn't the first time and as far as I am concerned he should be moved on in the January window.

https://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-attacker-given-green-light-transfer-staff-believe-hes-leaving-whites/

WindyCity

"What's up with Vini lately?"

Huh?  Lately?  This chucklehead has been doing this almost all season long.  Out of control.  Dumb as a rock (no offense to rocks).  Should not be played until/unless he and MS have a rigid understanding about how he handles himself on the pitch.  Unacceptable, red card just waiting to happen.....

Cambridge Away

Quote from: alfie on November 28, 2023, 01:09:50 PM
Quote from: Eton White on November 28, 2023, 12:08:33 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on November 28, 2023, 10:02:42 AMHe's a red card waiting,hasn't Marco or boa had a word it doesn't look like it to me.sooner muniz is back the better.

Not making excuses for Vinny as I agree he's a total liability, but I do wonder if Marco and Boa are encouraging the aggressiveness to some extent.

You can see it throughout the team (compared to previous Fulham squads, where we were always a bit of a soft touch). Marco's team puts itself about a lot more than previous Fulham teams, and there's no doubt Marco himself is a bit of a hothead.

There's a lot of positives to having a bit of fight in the team, but I wonder if Vinny is just taking it a bit too literally!

Just my observation - I could be completely wrong - but there's no way we'll be winning any fair play leagues under Marco and Boa!
Being aggressive is one thing, being downright stupid is another.

Was Nunez squaring up to Guardiola clever?
Did Klopp tell off Nunez?
What about Suarez? Adabeyor? Loads of strikers are loose cannons. Look no further than Mitro. Who DID get sent off (and banned for 8 games).
Vini isn't doing a bad job as someone who was signed as a Mitro back up.
And not being sent off seems to be his art. I don't actually see aggression. Just (somewhat controlled) petulance. Which is what VAR seem to see too.

colinwhite

a red card waiting to happen and his performances are pretty poor to match. Think he will be gone soon

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 28, 2023, 05:09:15 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on November 28, 2023, 10:02:42 AMHe's a red card waiting,hasn't Marco or boa had a word it doesn't look like it to me.sooner muniz is back the better.

Not making excuses for Vinny as I agree he's a total liability, but I do wonder if Marco and Boa are encouraging the aggressiveness to some extent.

You can see it throughout the team (compared to previous Fulham squads, where we were always a bit of a soft touch). Marco's team puts itself about a lot more than previous Fulham teams, and there's no doubt Marco himself is a bit of a hothead.

There's a lot of positives to having a bit of fight in the team, but I wonder if Vinny is just taking it a bit too literally!

Just my observation - I could be completely wrong - but there's no way we'll be winning any fair play leagues under Marco and Boa!

What about Suarez? Adabeyor? Loads of strikers are loose cannons. Look no further than Mitro. Who DID get sent off (and banned for 8 games).

The difference is that they are all quite good.

Its not even as though Vinni is aggressive in his playing style, he is in fact very passive. 

Penfold

Quote from: Chutney on November 28, 2023, 02:19:38 PMI think, unfortunately, he's just a bit thick...

The curse of many a footballer

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 28, 2023, 06:14:44 PM
Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 28, 2023, 05:09:15 PM

The difference is that they are all quite good.

And on salaries to match no doubt
I reckon Marco has got a handle on this, but in the mean time let's support our players and who knows perhaps one of them will score again before January