watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, December 15, 2023, 10:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Obviously same again if possible but doubt about Willian's fitness and the thought that Silva may wish to beef up the defense a little against a strong Newcastle team playing at St. James's.
I hope to see:-

Leno
                         Tete       Tosin   Bassy     Robinson
                               Cairney          Palhinha
                      Iowa               Jiminez            Wilson   

I will be happy if this team brings a point home. 

Ronnief

So are we playing a US State as a right winger :slap:

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2023, 10:26:37 AMObviously same again if possible but doubt about Willian's fitness and the thought that Silva may wish to beef up the defense a little against a strong Newcastle team playing at St. James's.

Leno

I think you are missing a player but Pereira in number 10 makes alot of sense. The question is whether Cairney can do 3x90 in just over a week or would Reed/ Lukic be better in there instead?

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2023, 10:26:37 AMObviously same again if possible but doubt about Willian's fitness and the thought that Silva may wish to beef up the defense a little against a strong Newcastle team playing at St. James's.

Leno

I think it might do even better if you picked 11 players  ::thumb::

Sting of the North

We will have had 6 days of rest since last game, so no reason to rest anyone for this one in my opinion. Some rotation where we have similar level of players would be fine though, like Tete and Wilson maybe starting. For TC we have no one that plays a similar style really and I think we should take the opportunity to try to take the game to Newcastle. Let's worry about Everton when we get there.

I would go for:

Leno
Tete, Tosin, Bassey, Robinson
Palhinha, TC
Wilson, Pereira, Iwobi
Jimenez

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 15, 2023, 10:52:04 AMWe will have had 6 days of rest since last game, so no reason to rest anyone for this one in my opinion. Some rotation where we have similar level of players would be fine though, like Tete and Wilson maybe starting. For TC we have no one that plays a similar style really and I think we should take the opportunity to try to take the game to Newcastle. Let's worry about Everton when we get there.

I would go for:

Leno
Palhinha, TC
Wilson, Pereira, Iwobi
Jimenez
Thanks, that is the team I was looking for but made a couple of howlers.
Not sure which wing to play Wilson and Iwobi on but would expect them to interchange a lot.

St Eve

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2023, 11:55:38 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on December 15, 2023, 10:52:04 AMWe will have had 6 days of rest since last game, so no reason to rest anyone for this one in my opinion. Some rotation where we have similar level of players would be fine though, like Tete and Wilson maybe starting. For TC we have no one that plays a similar style really and I think we should take the opportunity to try to take the game to Newcastle. Let's worry about Everton when we get there.

I would go for:

Leno
Palhinha, TC
Wilson, Pereira, Iwobi
Jimenez
Not sure which wing to play Wilson and Iwobi on but would expect them to interchange a lot.
filham, your howlers had me cracking up. The sort of thing I would do!

bog

filham

Quote from: bog on December 15, 2023, 01:08:26 PMIs Willian injured?
Seems as if Willian is injured but Silva is being coy about it.

bog

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WindyCity

Yeah, OP's starting XI looks good to me.  While Castagne has played very well, my choice also would be Tete at that position.  Hopefully his recent absence does not indicate a knock of some sort, or lack of full recovery from injury.  Thought Tete had very good game last time out (L'pool).

Edit:  Add Pereira

Whitestone

Quote from: bog on December 15, 2023, 01:33:54 PM
Quote from: filham on December 15, 2023, 01:31:07 PM

I hope not.
I'm fairly sure Silva said thar Ream and Traore are the only absentees for tomorrow's game.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2023, 01:31:07 PM

?s=20

filham

Anyone think Silva may rest Cairney and start with Reed in his place but have Tom on the bench as a second half impact sub.

ffc73

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2023, 05:43:53 PMAnyone think Silva may rest Cairney and start with Reed in his place but have Tom on the bench as a second half impact sub.

No, more likely to take Cairney & others off for a rest when we are 5-0 up. At half time.  ::wink::

H4usuallysitting

Leno

You're very confident - we're starting with 10 men

Twig

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2023, 11:55:38 AM

I would go for:

Leno
Palhinha, TC
Wilson, Pereira, Iwobi
Jimenez

I enjoyed that Filham.  Anyhow, that would also be my pick for a starting eleven.

btffc

See no reason to change anything from the last two games unless they think Willian is a risk in which case put Harry on the right and shift Iwobi to the left. They'll have had 6 days since their last game. Marco can rest/rotate some guys for the cup game as I expect Everton to do as well.

filham

The latest new is suggesting Willian is fit so Silva is able to field his strongest starting eleven. I wonder id he will surprise us with his selections.