watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MoTD

Started by copthornemike, December 16, 2023, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Thankfully did not have to put up with the smug comments of Shearer on MoTD tonight.
Good footballer in the past, but pundit? No.

LittleErn

The edit of Silva's interview made it look as if he was only complaining about the red card. They missed out all the other points he made which suggested the ref was out of his depth. e. g. 27 mins before he gave a free kick against Newcastle.

hovewhite

Saw the silva interview justified ,but leaves the incident in the mind.

SerbianLad

Another thing I noticed on MOTD,the Manchester City disallowed goal. It's very similar to the goal they scored against us, but for some reason it stood then (I know we later got an apology), but it's yet another example of our poor luck this season.

bog

Quote from: SerbianLad on December 17, 2023, 07:34:49 AMAnother thing I noticed on MOTD,the Manchester City disallowed goal. It's very similar to the goal they scored against us, but for some reason it stood then (I know we later got an apology), but it's yet another example of our poor luck this season.

I thought exactly the same, although ours was much more blatant.

cookieg

Quote from: bog on December 17, 2023, 08:54:15 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on December 17, 2023, 07:34:49 AMAnother thing I noticed on MOTD,the Manchester City disallowed goal. It's very similar to the goal they scored against us, but for some reason it stood then (I know we later got an apology), but it's yet another example of our poor luck this season.

It was mentioned on the 5live commentary during the game and Neil Lennon said it was the wrong decision to let the goal stand in our game.

AJW48361

Premier League officials a all time low if using a female Ref improves the standard why not.

Mickeyboro

Silva is 'doing an Arteta' when he would be better advised to keep his mouth shut. You never win.

Shame Lineker and co didn't reference Raul's past traumas. Is it wrong to think Lascelles might have had malice aforethought?

SerbianLad

Us and Wolves probably have the worst luck when it comes to refereeing decisions.

It's good that they made an apology, but there's not much we can do with that.

I wonder how come they don't make mistakes like that against the "big teams"?

SerbianLad

Quote from: Mickeyboro on December 17, 2023, 09:56:15 AMRaul's past traumas.
You shouldn't elbow anyone, but elbowing someone who had a skull fracture is really dangerous. He could have had serious consequences had he been hit a bit stronger. That's a red all day long for me and much more obvious red than the incident Raul got his red for.

jarv

I would like to see Fulham, at the end of the season, submit all the evidence of dreadful decisions against them this season. At the same time for comparison sakes an analysis of some of the darlings of the prem. I think it would produce interesting results. It will either confirm or deny that we are too often on the wrong end of too many decisions.  If it turns out other teams are receiving the same treatment then the evidence will exist, VAR HAS TO GO.

sarnian

Quote from: jarv on December 17, 2023, 11:48:43 AMI would like to see Fulham, at the end of the season, submit all the evidence of dreadful decisions against them this season. At the same time for comparison sakes an analysis of some of the darlings of the prem. I think it would produce interesting results. It will either confirm or deny that we are too often on the wrong end of too many decisions.  If it turns out other teams are receiving the same treatment then the evidence will exist, VAR HAS TO GO.

Raul was a red card and have no idea what he was actually trying to do, certainly not play the ball. Having said that if Raul is classed as foul play how the hell was Romero's tackle for Spurs the other day not classed as red by VAR when it was a potential leg breaker and far more dangerous than Raul's.

AJW48361

VAR has to go we are going to have to live with the odd clear and obvious error.

Bill2

Quote from: cookieg on December 17, 2023, 09:41:32 AM

It was mentioned on the 5live commentary during the game and Neil Lennon said it was the wrong decision to let the goal stand in our game.
So did everyone else except the ref and VAR at the time

Arthur

Quote from: LittleErn on December 17, 2023, 12:38:22 AMThe edit of Silva's interview made it look as if he was only complaining about the red card. They missed out all the other points he made which suggested the ref was out of his depth. e. g. 27 mins before he gave a free kick against Newcastle.

Aren't the vast majority of interviews edited? Why wouldn't Silva's be? Apart from yourself and some other supporters, who else gives a monkey's cuss we didn't get a free-kick in the opening 25 minutes?

I enjoy watching MotD. What I least enjoy, however, is hearing the likes of De Zerbi, Arteta and Cooper seemingly taking every opportunity to whine about refereeing decisions. How often do frequent moaners such as these acknowledge it when a referee makes a mistake that goes in their favour? That Silva's rant was restricted to twenty seconds was long enough in my opinion.

Rupert

Quote from: jarv on December 17, 2023, 11:48:43 AMRaul was a red card and have no idea what he was actually trying to do, certainly not play the ball. Having said that if Raul is classed as foul play how the hell was Romero's tackle for Spurs the other day not classed as red by VAR when it was a potential leg breaker and far more dangerous than Raul's.

Because Spurs are one of the favoured teams.

VAR is not applied equally to every team. It is not designed to ensure parity to all. It is there to ensure the big teams are not denied their birthright, a crushing victory, by a smaller team getting away with anything. We will occasionally be chucked a morsel, like the penalties against Wolves, to show us how useful it is, but when we really need it, for example the shove on Mitrovich in the 3rd minute at Old Trafford last season, it will go strangely silent.

VAR is corrupt. Pure and simple. It was perfectly correct yesterday, but had the roles been reversed you all know nothing would have been called to the referee's attention.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Arthur

Quote from: Rupert on December 17, 2023, 01:02:52 PMVAR is corrupt. Pure and simple. It was perfectly correct yesterday, but had the roles been reversed you all know nothing would have been called to the referee's attention.

Please exclude me from your 'all'.

Rupert

Quote from: Arthur on December 17, 2023, 01:11:24 PM
Quote from: Rupert on December 17, 2023, 01:02:52 PMVAR is corrupt. Pure and simple. It was perfectly correct yesterday, but had the roles been reversed you all know nothing would have been called to the referee's attention.

Fair enough, everyone apart from Arthur knows it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Arthur

Quote from: Rupert on December 17, 2023, 01:12:21 PM

Thank you. I find it doesn't pay to let other people tell me their opinion should be accepted as a fact. More often than not, it's not true.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Arthur on December 17, 2023, 01:24:59 PM
Quote from: Rupert on December 17, 2023, 01:12:21 PM

Thank you. I find it doesn't pay to let other people tell me their opinion should be accepted as a fact. More often than not, it's not true.

Me too.