watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation fodder

Started by Baszab, December 26, 2023, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

If we don't recognise right now that we are relegation material then sure as eggs after the match next week against Arsenal we will be within touching distance of the bottom three.
Take out those two 5-0 wins and we are scoring less than a goal a game, teams are beating us comfortably, we are showing no threat on our opponents goal, there are signs of Parker Ball creeping back into our tactics, we have three none scoring strikers competing for the number nine position.

TK and Silva need to spend time in the next week seriously discussing their action in the transfer market with a view to signing a new striker early in the window.

SP

No doubt there'll now be a Burnley victory over Liverpool?

Woolly Mammoth

It will be interesting to see how we respond against Arsenal after these last two performances.
The gunners will be licking their lips.
Every Fulham player including Marco has to stand up and be counted and contribute to bringing the heart beat back in the team before the rot sets in and the only chance of that happening is if they all circle the wagons as one and stand up and look tall.
It's not the man in the fight, it is the fight in the man.

In the meantime i hope they have found the fat wallet they will need to purchase a striker.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jarv

major cause for concern. take Sheffield out of the pricture, we only have a 2 game swing against the next 2 relegation places. Some have a one game swing.  I fear it will not be enough of a gap for Fulham. I hope we dont look back and see that Burnley and Bournemouth were the 2 games that relegated us.

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

I will start worrying quite a bit more if we lose Joao in January and fail again to replace Mitrovic.

Nick Bateman

First mistake was playing Iwobi on left wing when he prefers right and then omits natural leftie Harry Wilson for hopeless DeCordova-Reid. So he messes up Iwobi and leaves out Wilson who cannot get a game even when the left wing is free.

BDR fails to track back on first goal when someone is clearly unmarked on edge of the box. Then he loses the ball for the 'soft' pen. Leno had a mare and took it out on a kid (he apologised).

Pereira is Fulham's Bruno Fernandez, that is, he talks too much, flatters to deceive and rarely contributes anything and vastly overrated. Pereira has been woeful recently and was not in the 5-0 winning team.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

cookieg

If anything it shows the 5-0s were freak results and we flattered to deceive. We looked flat and quite honestly not interested. We shouldn't be playing this badly against Burnley and Bournemouth, too many players went missing when they should be controlling the run of play.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: perry geyton on December 26, 2023, 04:58:28 PM
Quote from: Baszab on December 26, 2023, 04:54:10 PMYes - relegation fodder

Truly shocking  performance for 3 games in a row - sandwiched with the lucky draw at Everton
And the two 5-0 wins previous
Those games have been and gone and mean nothing now. Luton win their game 8n hand then they are 3 points off us. So yes, getting dragged back in.

When we gon1 down we a re weak minded, weak willed, from the manager through to the players.

I'm not even sure if I was Khan I'd back Silva in the January window as the performances are very poor, that's on Silva.

FishaPrice

We might be in trouble. If Raul comes back in and plays well, I think we will start to click again. Pity that he started to find form, then took a straight red. Obviously I hope we sign a top striker in January, but we at least need another striker that can compete with Raul. Our other options are miles off at the moment.

We are badly missing Ream's distribution. I totally understand that we need to start preparing for life after Ream and I think Tosin and Bassey are doing ok. But if Tosin isn't going to be here next season, are we really preparing ourselves for Ream's eventual departure?

Chi_FFC

Quote from: FishaPrice on December 26, 2023, 06:38:16 PMWe are badly missing Ream's distribution.

Eh, I'm not seeing that at all. Frankly, I think if Ream had been in the lineup over the last few matches things only could have gotten uglier.

perry geyton

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 26, 2023, 05:27:17 PMIt will be interesting to see how we respond against Arsenal after these last two performances.
Every Fulham player including Marco has to stand up and be counted and contribute to bringing the heart beat back in the team before the rot sets in and the only chance of that happening is if they all circle the wagons as one and stand up and look tall.

In the meantime i hope they have found the fat wallet they will need to purchase a striker.

I think we'll show up for that game at the cottage

Also
We already have  a potentially top striker 

KentFulham

Quote from: Rightwhite on December 26, 2023, 04:55:16 PMPanic stations as per usual after a loss.

Disagree - 6 points off and they have a game in hand, relegation is a potential

davew

Quote from: SimonDaviesEnjoyer on December 26, 2023, 05:29:57 PMI will start worrying quite a bit more if we lose Joao in January and fail again to replace Mitrovic.
We need to start worrying now then!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: perry geyton on December 26, 2023, 06:46:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 26, 2023, 05:27:17 PMIt will be interesting to see how we respond against Arsenal after these last two performances.

Also

A potential top striker, who are you talking about Perry or have we signed somebody I don't know about?  :slap:
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Chi_FFC on December 26, 2023, 06:41:03 PM
Quote from: FishaPrice on December 26, 2023, 06:38:16 PMWe are badly missing Ream's distribution.

Eh, I'm not seeing that at all. Frankly, I think if Ream had been in the lineup over the last few matches things only could have gotten uglier.

I agree. When the hard press is being used then Ream's confidence seems to turn into negligence. I would not like to see him in the team to play Arsenal.

Balham Boy

We talk about getting in a top striker in January but they're hard to come by and looking at our form all season, we're a risky move.....even if we manage to convince someone to come, it'll take ages with agreeing agent's fees who know we're desperate and relegation clauses.....we all know this goes back to the summer. Kluivert (looked at last season), Hudson-Odoi (came close) plus Hamer, Berge & Semanyo from the Championship....we need young hungry players...

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

Quote from: davew on December 26, 2023, 07:00:21 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on December 26, 2023, 06:46:47 PM

Also

A potential top striker, who are you talking about Perry or have we signed somebody I don't know about?  :slap:

Stansfield maybe? Sounds a bit optimistic to me though.