watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, December 30, 2023, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Arsenal looking for a win to take then to the top of the table whilewe are trying to break a run of four games without a goal. The bad news is that Willian is still not fit.
Sounds like we should make panic changes but first lets try a change of tactics by stopping the tip tap short passing and introduce more log balls.

Leno
                        Tete    Tosin        Bassy      Robinson
                                  Reed      Palhinha

Cairney
                          Iwobi                    Wilson
                                      Jimenez

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 30, 2023, 11:04:49 AMArsenal looking for a win to take then to the top of the table whilewe are trying to break a run of four games without a goal. The bad news is that Willian is still not fit.
Sounds like we should make panic changes but first lets try a change of tactics by stopping the tip tap short passing and introduce more log balls.

Leno
                                  Reed      Palhinha

Cairney
                                      Jimenez

Yes i can go along with that team injuries permitting.
Panic changes at this stage may do more to divide and fracture the team than do much good.
Nevertheless whether matters do or do not go according to plan Marco must make his subs earlier and be more proactive.

I feel a little sorry for Andre but needs must.

Not sure about log balls, where do we get the logs from  ?
Your fire place maybe ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WolverineFFC

I'd like to see us tighten it up defensively. Think without Willian a formation tweak would be the best choice.
              Leno
Castagne-Diop-Tosin-Bassey-ARob
        Iwobi-TC-Joao-AP
              Raul

Really like how solid this formation looked when last used. I doubt we'll see this, but I think getting the defense solidified should be job one in getting back on track.

Jem

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2023, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: filham on December 30, 2023, 11:04:49 AMArsenal looking for a win to take then to the top of the table whilewe are trying to break a run of four games without a goal. The bad news is that Willian is still not fit.

Leno
                                  Reed      Palhinha

Cairney
                                      Jimenez

Yes i can go along with that team injuries permitting.
Panic changes at this stage may do more to divide and fracture the team than do much good.
Nevertheless whether matters do or do not go according to plan Marco must make his subs earlier and be more productive.

I feel a little sorry fore Andre but needs must.

Not sure about log balls, where do we get the logs from  ?
Your fire place maybe ?
Yule Logs?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Thailand Mick

Leno
     Diop   Tosin.  Bassey
Castagne Palhinha Reed Robinson
         Wilson Iwobi
             Raul

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WolverineFFC on December 30, 2023, 11:43:12 AMI'd like to see us tighten it up defensively. Think without Willian a formation tweak would be the best choice.
              Leno
Castagne-Diop-Tosin-Bassey-ARob
        Iwobi-TC-Joao-AP
              Raul

Really like how solid this formation looked when last used. I doubt we'll see this, but I think getting the defense solidified should be job one in getting back on track.

Yes a good thought and could be a cunning plan.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Thailand Mick on December 30, 2023, 01:00:30 PMLeno
     Diop   Tosin.  Bassey
Castagne Palhinha Reed Robinson
         Wilson Iwobi
             Raul

I Like this also

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Is Willian still injured. If not he should play instead of Wilson. I would still play AP instead of Reed.

Nick Bateman

Leno
                                  Reed      Palhinha

Cairney
                                      Jimenez

I'd be happy with that team. Pereira has been poor recently.

We need to cut out these short goal kicks and slowness getting the ball out from defense. Sometimes Leno stands still on the ball which I find very frustrating.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bill taylors apprentice

Reed is not the answer against a team like Arsenal.

Without the ball they will simply play the ball around him as he dashes around and with the ball they will crowd him out and take it from him or force error after error.

btffc

Really hope Willian is back

KentFulham

I think the back 5 is a must, we can't leave Robinson to have his arse handed to him after doing a 720 deg spin during an Arsenal attack.

roberto w6

Leno

Tete - Tosin - Bassey - Robinson

Palhinha - Reed

Iwobi

Wilson - Raul (off at half-time for Muniz unless he plays like last few games) - Willian (Bobby D-Reid if injured)

Whatever XI we play, this is going to be very very tough. Last year, Arsenal supposedly bottled it in the run-in. Let's hope they've gone to pieces mentally after falling further behind yesterday but I fear they will be out with a point to prove

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 31, 2023, 12:23:20 PM
Quote from: roberto w6 on December 31, 2023, 10:20:54 AMLeno

Tete - Tosin - Bassey - Robinson

Palhinha - Reed

Iwobi

Wilson - Raul (off at half-time for Muniz unless he plays like last few games) - Willian (Bobby D-Reid if injured)

Whatever XI we play, this is going to be very very tough. Last year, Arsenal supposedly bottled it in the run-in. Let's hope they've gone to pieces mentally after falling further behind yesterday but I fear they will be out with a point to prove

I'll say it again, against a team like Arsenal Reed will be targeted, give the ball away in dangerous areas and put us under extreme pressure.
They will pass around him as if he wasn't there.

We have to start fast and with controlled intensity, Lukic and TC will help us keep the ball and if we have it they can't hurt us. 

Leno
Tete Tosin Bassey Robinson
Palhiha Lukic
Cairney
Iwobi Jimenez Willian

Al-Fayed

We need Willian back. Cairney is less effective without him.

filham

Quote from: Benhamdoun on December 31, 2023, 12:36:48 PMWe need Willian back. Cairney is less effective without him.
Oh yes that little triangle of Willian, Cairney and Robinson playing down the left is the bright feature of our attack.
Shame that Willian is still not fit and while Wilson can come in and has pace the spark is lost.

Somerset Fulham

davew

Shame we can't borrow 6 or 7 of Arsenals substitutes for our starting 11.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Al-Fayed

Interesting line up with Pereira dropped. Hopefully, Iwobi can fill that role and be more creative.

Nick Bateman

OMG!! DeCordova-Reid!! We've lost!!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"