Previous topic - Next topic

heylookitsjacob

Quote from: perry geyton on January 09, 2024, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 09, 2024, 06:34:47 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on January 09, 2024, 05:53:19 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 09, 2024, 05:50:23 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on January 09, 2024, 03:17:34 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 09, 2024, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 09, 2024, 08:39:25 AMDon't recall any whining about Cairney when he's been out injured long term during his time with us. Or  any other long term injured FFC player. So why are people so wound up about Traore?

To be honest Richard, people aren't. It's only Perry up to his usual sh!t stirring.

Well well well Somerset  I seem to recall you insulting me when I said we won't be seeing him until the new year ?
Turns out I was correct, that's all, infact I doubt we'll see him in January either
No need to get so defensive

You see, this is where you are inventing things once again Perry. 

I didn't mention his injury or the rehabilitation period surrounding it but anybody could have guessed that a guy that relies heavily on pace that has done his hamstring was going to be out for a while.

I questioned the story that you had once again made up.

Big difference.  ::thumb::

Tell the truth Somerset

I just said he won't be back playing this year and you got all defensive

No, no I didn't. Stop perpetuating the lie. Again.

A simple "you were right again" Perry would of been adequate enough Somerset

I assume this is some attempt at banter or trolling but it's really just embarrassing to read.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Cumbrian White on January 09, 2024, 07:19:10 PM
Quote from: LC on January 09, 2024, 01:38:12 PMHe's a good player, I don't think he's had a big history with injuries but please correct me if I'm wrong.

When he's back fit he'll be a good asset for us
For those looking for new signings, he will actually feel like a new signing. Fit and flying Traore is a great weapon in the 2nd half of the  season

Agreed but we will soon be in the third half of the season!

LC

Quote from: Grassy Noel on January 09, 2024, 10:54:12 PM
Quote from: LC on January 09, 2024, 01:38:12 PMHe's a good player, I don't think he's had a big history with injuries but please correct me if I'm wrong.

For those looking for new signings, he will actually feel like a new signing. Fit and flying Traore is a great weapon in the 2nd half of the  season

It's an unfortunate situation. But I really like this guy and I've followed him for a while. I still think he can have a big breakout season even at his age. Klopp liked him, Barca signed him, he has something, and I'm hoping he will eventually produce it for us 

I Ronic

Quote from: perry geyton on January 09, 2024, 05:40:58 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on January 09, 2024, 12:03:59 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 09, 2024, 09:21:09 AM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 09, 2024, 08:39:25 AMDon't recall any whining about Cairney when he's been out injured long term during his time with us. Or  any other long term injured FFC player. So why are people so wound up about Traore?
It's because the OP posted a derogatory comment about Traore and like many, has a pathological need to appear 'right'.
Then other posters join in to promote their agenda of, 'everything TK and the club do is shite and why can't we have better owners'.

He just said he was out for the Liverpool game?
In his defense I did label him as a meathead in a previous post,

🤔 then I'm going to have to speak to your father!

perry geyton

Quote from: I Ronic on January 10, 2024, 01:51:48 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on January 09, 2024, 05:40:58 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on January 09, 2024, 12:03:59 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 09, 2024, 09:21:09 AM
It's because the OP posted a derogatory comment about Traore and like many, has a pathological need to appear 'right'.
Then other posters join in to promote their agenda of, 'everything TK and the club do is shite and why can't we have better owners'.

He just said he was out for the Liverpool game?
In his defense I did label him as a meathead in a previous post,

🤔 then I'm going to have to speak to your father!

He'd probably agree with me

perry geyton

Quote from: LC on January 10, 2024, 01:09:01 AM

It's an unfortunate situation. But I really like this guy and I've followed him for a while. I still think he can have a big breakout season even at his age. Klopp liked him, Barca signed him, he has something, and I'm hoping he will eventually produce it for us 
Didn't work out at Barca and he didn't go to Liverpool

My fear with Traore as previously mentioned is that he doesn't have a footballers body "athletic & slim" etc. , as for his body builder physique it's got him this far but eventually it's will run his cause,,,
Hope I'm proven wrong

RaySmith

Quote from: perry geyton on January 10, 2024, 02:29:23 AM

My fear with Traore as previously mentioned is that he doesn't have a footballers body "athletic & slim" etc. , as for his body builder physique it's got him this far but eventually it's will run his cause,,,
Hope I'm proven wrong

Didn't Kamara not have a similar, sprinter's, build? so maybe Traore could play a similar role, running aggressively at tired defences, but with better end product.

He's proven himself in the game, anyway, despite his build.

Today's players all do weight training, anyway, and seem pretty solidly built, not really suitable for running marathons.

In football, you mostly do a lot of sprints, jogging in between, though you obviously need great fitness and stamina - they usually run  about 10k on average, I think, in 90 minutes - though that would be a very slow 10k for an elite runner.

Eton White

Quote from: perry geyton on January 10, 2024, 02:29:23 AM

Hope I'm proven wrong

You keep banging on about his physique for some reason. You obviously have a thing about people who go to the gym, calling them "body builders", but as Ray has said, all elite athletes including footballers go to the gym.

Adama has a sprinter's physique, not a body builder's one. It's why he can run the 100m in well under 11 seconds. If you look at the line up for the 100m final at any top athletics championship, you'll see guys with very similar builds to him.

It's what gives him his explosive pace and the ability to run past defenders and get into space - a very useful skill for a footballer.