watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 0-2 Newcastle - FA Cup Sat 27/01 19:00

Started by WhiteJC, January 10, 2024, 10:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

First State

Quote from: horse1031 on January 27, 2024, 08:42:14 PMWe honestly have bottom 3 strikers in the league right?

You might as well get used to it because it's unlikely anyone is coming in. The mediocrity continues.

LittleErn

We are physically lightweight in attack which used to be compensated by he who must not be mentioned. With that sort of attack we will never score from pressure football. Counter attacking football is our forte and plays to our strengths playing forwards into areas where they have space.

Texas White

Pretty awful to watch. We could play all night and not score

Twig

Quote from: Eton White on January 27, 2024, 08:48:50 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on January 27, 2024, 08:47:15 PM
Quote from: Eton White on January 27, 2024, 08:46:21 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on January 27, 2024, 08:42:14 PMWe honestly have bottom 3 strikers in the league right?

Jimenez is a decent striker.
He's been poor today so far though. When he's having a good game he's really good, but he blows hot and cold. Lot of poor games this season as well.

He's not been on long, but you're right - his consistency is not great.

Jimenez has now had a decent period of time to recover his old form and hasn't. He had a mini purple patch but that seems to have faded. Sadly I don't think any of our strikers are currently close to the standard we require.
Get rid of Vini and Muniz, sign a quality striker and ok Jimenez would make an acceptable squad cover, perhaps alongside Stansfield.

Grassy Noel

A lot of criticism here of the strikers but for me it is the lack of creativity and dynamism in midfield that stands out.
Harrison Reed will take up good forward positions but never if he has the ball at his feet. Time and again he refuses to go with the ball and turns back.He induced a groan or two more than usual tonight.
Lukic as usual was tidy but slow and ineffective.Zero  creative spark but we should all know that by now.

jarv

Very disappointed but have to say again, Newcastle first goal was a foul and I am SICK of var and referees in England now. It seems like the FA and the premier have decided to make up their own rules. The different interpretations for similar events is beyond belief. It is possible to watch 2 games in one day and see completely different ref interpretations for same situations..

SerbianLad

Eton White

You'd expect Cairney to put that away.

We've actually looked worse since the first team subs have come on.

TC's Sporran

Eton White

Oh well, I guess Silva got the result he wanted.

LittleErn

Bad miss TC - still probably too late to make a difference.

Texas White

Quote from: jarv on January 27, 2024, 08:53:58 PMVery disappointed but have to say again, Newcastle first goal was a foul and I am SICK of var and referees in England now. It seems like the FA and the premier have decided to make up their own rules. The different interpretations for similar events is beyond belief. It is possible to watch 2 games in one day and see completely different ref interpretations for same situations..

Feel the same. It's beyond belief how the rules keep getting changed

First State

horse1031

fulhamfever

We wouldn't of scored till 2025 that's how awful our finishing was

LittleErn

Fail to make one of two good signings this window and we could easily be fighting to avoid being dragged into the relegation zone. We have enough class to avoid relegation but with better recruitment we could have kicked on.

Grassy Noel

Surlyc

19k attendance. The clubs statement that they "are satisfied with that given the run of home games and that the tickets were reasonably priced" (paraphrased quote of what was just read out on ITV) is absolutely tone deaf. Much more than the performance, that arrogance makes me feel like the club is dead set on the wrong path.