watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 0-2 Newcastle - FA Cup Sat 27/01 19:00

Started by WhiteJC, January 10, 2024, 10:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

We do seem to faff about with the ball and lose it more than other teams!

3rdgenfan

the ball strikes their arm while in the midst of a goal scoring move, regardless of arm position, intent, or any other qualifiers, a goal shall be chalked off.

Current hand ball rule so why  was that allowed

LittleErn

Well offside. But Rodak beaten. Food for thought.

love4ffc

Hopefully Harry's shoulder is not serious. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Eton White

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on January 27, 2024, 07:45:22 PMthe ball strikes their arm while in the midst of a goal scoring move, regardless of arm position, intent, or any other qualifiers, a goal shall be chalked off.

VAR is just a lottery. The rules change every time they look at it.

ron

No goal , but we're getting cut to pieces by their breaks.

LittleErn

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on January 27, 2024, 07:45:22 PMthe ball strikes their arm while in the midst of a goal scoring move, regardless of arm position, intent, or any other qualifiers, a goal shall be chalked off.

Apparently that only applies if it's the goal scorer who it touches. Change of rules. Probably just for this match!

Nero

Didnt it change after we had a goal chalked off and now its only the player that scores it handballs it

Eton White

Great run by Pereira, but why didn't he pass?!

SerbianLad

Unlucky in certain situations and a goal that we conceded shouldn't have counted.

Tete and Muniz the stand out performers so far, imo.

Hopefully Harry's injury isn't serious.

Jamie88

Quote from: Nero on January 27, 2024, 07:48:29 PM

Didnt it change after we had a goal chalked off and now its only the player that scores it handballs it

Yeah I think Josh Maja had a goal ruled out against Spurs because a clearance had smashed into Lemina's hand at close range before falling to Maja. Lo and behold the following day they made a tweak of the rules

bill taylors apprentice

Looking through my FFC biased glasses but when did we last get the benefit of a dodgy decision or a simple slice of luck?

Plodder

Quote from: ron on January 27, 2024, 07:47:13 PMNo goal , but we're getting cut to pieces by their breaks.
I don't think we are being cut o pieces on the break, it is more a case of our continually coughing up the ball to them by messing around just outside our own box.  The VAR decision was a disgraceful travesty, but the original corner was caused by us dicking around unnecessarily yet again. It is driving me mad.

LittleErn

Dodger53

Reed seems well of the standard required

Plodder

Muniz tries his heart out, and can't be faulted for effort, but he does not have it at this level.  Lee Dixon was right when he said that any half decent centre forward would have been busting a gut to get to the right place to that ball across by the box by Tete.

Texas White

Brown envelopes for VAR officials again. Let's tweak the rules against little Fulham again

Plodder

I am quite a phlegmatic character, and I have seen us on the wrong end of bad and unlucky decisions over the years, but that one has infuriated me. The ball would not have gone anywhere near Longstaff without the deflection of the other player's arm. It takes a lot for me to say this, but the VAR official is not fit for the job.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Plodder on January 27, 2024, 07:59:13 PMMuniz tries his heart out, and can't be faulted for effort, but he does not have it at this level.  Lee Dixon was right when he said that any half decent centre forward would have been busting a gut to get to the right place to that ball across by the box by Tete.
I thought both of his shots were class. His hold up play was very good to.