watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle Kick-off time

Started by mcbride5912, January 11, 2024, 12:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcbride5912

On the train back from Liverpool with some of the high-ups from Motspur (lots of interesting chat)

I thought it was worth sharing that apparently ITV4 want to show the Fulham vs Newcastle game with a 7PM kick-off on the Saturday. Seems like they have the ok from Fulham and the met police/tfl so it's down to Newcastle and the FA (apparently both won't be an issue)

Wanted to share as I know people can invest a lot in travel/accommodation and it is a right pain when fixtures get moved at relatively late notice. This definitely isn't gospel but thought it would be helpful to raise and caution people if they are committing to travel!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: mcbride5912 on January 11, 2024, 12:04:05 PMOn the train back from Liverpool with some of the high-ups from Motspur (lots of interesting chat)

I thought it was worth sharing that apparently ITV4 want to show the Fulham vs Newcastle game with a 7PM kick-off on the Saturday. Seems like they have the ok from Fulham and the met police/tfl so it's down to Newcastle and the FA (apparently both won't be an issue)

Wanted to share as I know people can invest a lot in travel/accommodation and it is a right pain when fixtures get moved at relatively late notice. This definitely isn't gospel but thought it would be helpful to raise and caution people if they are committing to travel!

Surely the 'high ups' have more interesting info than that?  ::wink::
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mcbride5912

Lots of talk about Japan and pre-season. Not sure if it was just a scouting trip or we could be going on tour there!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: mcbride5912 on January 11, 2024, 12:57:02 PMLots of talk about Japan and pre-season. Not sure if it was just a scouting trip or we could be going on tour there!
Nothing about transfers????
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

onecupsoon

Quote from: mcbride5912 on January 11, 2024, 12:57:02 PMLots of talk about Japan and pre-season. Not sure if it was just a scouting trip or we could be going on tour there!
Too hot and humid for a pre-season, unless they need to sweat off a few pork pies.

sarnian

Quote from: mcbride5912 on January 11, 2024, 12:04:05 PMOn the train back from Liverpool with some of the high-ups from Motspur (lots of interesting chat)

Doubt if Newcastle want an evening game as also being televised Tuesday night which cannot be changed. Fulham could change the Everton game to Wednesday as not televised but hope not as already booked flights and hotel.

Wingnut

Can we change the date of the Everton fixture at this stage? Tickets have been sold by both clubs. Everton have sold out their allocation.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Information

Quote from: Wingnut on January 11, 2024, 02:24:23 PMCan we change the date of the Everton fixture at this stage? Tickets have been sold by both clubs. Everton have sold out their allocation.

Yes the PL said Fulham can change date from Tue 30th

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3820778

Please note the three fixtures not selected for live broadcast scheduled on Tuesday 30 January (Fulham v Everton, Luton Town v Brighton, Crystal Palace v Sheff Utd) will be subject to movement if they are in FA Cup fourth-round action the preceding Sunday.

But Newcastle game cant be changed on Tuesday v Villa as its on TV

Meanwhile

The Reds' next assignment in the competition will see them host either Norwich City or Bristol Rovers.

The match will take place on Sunday January 28, with kick-off set for 2.30pm GMT.

ITV will televise the game live in the UK

futureman

just announced - Newcastle will be a 7pm kickoff on Saturday

Information

FRIDAY 26 JANUARY 2024
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City at 8pm on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

SATURDAY 27 JANUARY 2024
Ipswich Town v Maidstone United at 12.30pm on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport
Fulham v Newcastle United at 7pm on ITV4 and ITVX

SUNDAY 28 JANUARY 2024
West Bromwich Albion v Brentford or Wolverhampton Wanderers at 11.45am on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX
Liverpool v Norwich City or Bristol Rovers at 2.30pm on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX
Newport County or Eastleigh v Manchester United at 4.30pm on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Information

From Chelsea

The two sides will now meet at Stamford Bridge later this month, with the game scheduled to kick off at 7.45pm.

Friday, 26 January is the only date the match can take place. This is due to Fulham being drawn at home to Newcastle United, the scheduling of their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Liverpool on 24 January, and Aston Villa being in Premier League action on January 30.

mcbride5912

According to the now verified conversation I heard, apparently (expectedly) Chelsea are a real pain to work with when it comes to arranging fixtures and "like to throw their weight round" and kick up a fuss if they don't get their way which they "have been getting away with for years" (e.g Boxing Day)

KJS

Ridiculous Kick off time they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine!!!!!

davew

I feel sorry (not envious) for our fans who are still able to go to our games, I would think the Geordie fans will also be ecstatic at a 7pm kick off. I will be 1 of the lucky pensioners who live a long way from Fulham who will be able to watch (and enjoy) the match on TV.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

KentFulham

Club can stick it where the sun dont shine, another game off my list,

Stevieboy

Televised games are a double-edged sword.
Ruining the FA Cup competition by staggering games,depriving 'little' clubs of their day in the limelight.
They should all be played @3pm on a Saturday.
Just think of Fulham v Newcastle in the 70s or 80s,would have been jam packed an hour before ko.
Indeed this game at 3pm on a Saturday would have been a treat!
Now the Geordies last train leaves @9pm and I'll bet many Fulham fans living a distance will just settle for the TV.

Ronnief

Three home matches in 7 days all evening kickoffs with a 2 hour journey each way makes seeing them a bit of a travelling nightmare. I have a season ticket so it looks as if I may have to just watch the cup game on TV. At 76 years old I think I can be forgiven not travelling up on the Saturday. ::angry::

Cumbrian White

Quote from: KentFulham on January 11, 2024, 07:51:37 PMClub can stick it where the sun dont shine, another game off my list,
Think it's good you actually feel that way, sadly, Newcastle will bring their full allocation down therefore justifying the kick off time.

But like our £3k season ticket, all that fuss in the media and they sold out in no time.

Until fans unite and refuse to attend games en mass then these things will continue to happen. Fans only have themselves to blame.

Southcoastffc

He who pays the piper calls the tune.  Football receives oodles of money from the televising of games.  Fans/supporters who attend games have little or no say. Personally I'm pretty fortunate (retired, 4hr round trip for home games) in being able to attend all home games, whatever day or time, unless I'm abroad.

Information

NO game at 530

So what is so important on ITV that means Fulham can't be on at 530 and not 7