https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Toothless

Started by KentFulham, January 27, 2024, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentFulham

We look toothless again tonight, worrying

South Coast White

If this game doesn't show how much we need a quality striker, nothing will.
Huff and puff without end product.

Nick Bateman

Silva doesn't seem bothered. Our reserves are more desired for the Cup while he concentrates on Fulham finishing mid-table.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

horse1031

Can't blame Silva he has no strikers.  His priority is the league

KentFulham

Quote from: horse1031 on January 27, 2024, 08:35:00 PMCan't blame Silva he has no strikers.  His priority is the league

This is our first team thou.....minus Leno

horse1031

Quote from: KentFulham on January 27, 2024, 08:36:34 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on January 27, 2024, 08:35:00 PMCan't blame Silva he has no strikers.  His priority is the league

We didn't start with it top team?

C Block

No it isn't!
Have you seen any games this season?

BestOfBrede

Really!?

filham

That match just confirmed what has been obvious all season ,we have one hell of a problem scoring goals.
This matter needs to be addressed otherwise we will soon be in a relegation battle.

KentFulham

Quote from: filham on January 27, 2024, 09:02:46 PMThat match just confirmed what has been obvious all season ,we have one hell of a problem scoring goals.
This matter needs to be addressed otherwise we will soon be in a relegation battle.

Agree , the miss in injury time summed it up

Jonny4

Hugely disappointing result and performance in the end.

I would have liked Silva to have started with a full strength team, but we actually played quite well in the first 60 minutes. We certainly did enough to score a few goals, but fundamentally we didn't and that's the issue. We've now scored 6 in 10 & only once twice in that time (one is Rotherham too).

Regardless of team selections, the squad is terrible. We have no attacking options, particularly with Iwobi away and Wilson now injured. The lack of investment in both windows has killed the season. We might bring in one or two now, but it's too late - we're out of the cups and realistically 14th is the best we can reach.

It's a shame because there's huge potential with this team, but the club has let Silva down massively.

The bigger issue is this summer where a huge rebuild is on the cards - players out of contract, getting older & an already thin squad. If we don't get it right or invest, we will be big trouble next season.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: KentFulham on January 27, 2024, 08:22:32 PMWe look toothless again tonight, worrying

When you are toothless then you become a sucker. Tonight we had a dither and then a fumble- two sucker punches.

KentFulham

Quote from: Grassy Noel on January 27, 2024, 10:59:42 PM
Quote from: KentFulham on January 27, 2024, 08:22:32 PMWe look toothless again tonight, worrying

When you are toothless then you become a sucker. Tonight we had a dither and then a fumble- two sucker punches.

Agree, that second goal came from nothing and just sunk us

Matt10

General blanket statements of how terrible our squad is - yet we pretty much dominated the match and forced them to counter a lot more. We had opportunities that were missing the final ball, that's it. It wasn't bad defending, it wasn't bad passing, it was just simply terrible decision-making in the final third. We chose to cross high when we should cross low, we chose to stop making our runs when we should be crashing the goal. We should have crossed instead of passing it backward (Reed), or we should have dribbled into their box instead of passing out wide (Reed again, sorry).

I know it's doom and gloom time right now, and it shall pass, but the performance itself wasn't bad. We've seen bad before, people, come on. I do feel we need to invest in some quality players to increase our depth in the winger and striker position without a doubt though. Even someone on loan who can just raise the quality in the final thirds for us is missing right now. We have players who play safe and "stock" (BDR, Reed) and are highly predictable as a result. We are badly missing the aggressive attacking midfielder in that 8 spot and another aggressive winger who has the quality to send in dangerous crosses and shoot accurately. I'm not sure if that means changing player positions or tactics, but we need to get that quality in attack to return ASAP.

Surlyc

Quote from: Matt10 on January 27, 2024, 11:24:04 PM...We have players who play safe and "stock" (BDR, Reed) and are highly predictable as a result. We are badly missing the aggressive attacking midfielder in that 8 spot and another aggressive winger who has the quality to send in dangerous crosses and shoot accurately. I'm not sure if that means changing player positions or tactics, but we need to get that quality in attack to return ASAP.
I think we really miss the physicality of Iwobi. I'm not sure it even really matters whether he plays RW/LW/CM, he just brings something different that Pereira/Wilson/BDR/Cairney/Willian all lack and that can create those unexpected "moments" that allow us mix up our attacks.

He started every single game of the 4 game run where we scored 16 and while every one of our attacking players has played well at some point in his absence, not one of them can contribute his strength/physicality/directness.

Matt10

Quote from: Surlyc on January 27, 2024, 11:37:40 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 27, 2024, 11:24:04 PM...We have players who play safe and "stock" (BDR, Reed) and are highly predictable as a result. We are badly missing the aggressive attacking midfielder in that 8 spot and another aggressive winger who has the quality to send in dangerous crosses and shoot accurately. I'm not sure if that means changing player positions or tactics, but we need to get that quality in attack to return ASAP.
I think we really miss the physicality of Iwobi. I'm not sure it even really matters whether he plays RW/LW/CM, he just brings something different that Pereira/Wilson/BDR/Cairney/Willian all lack and that can create those unexpected "moments" that allow us mix up our attacks.

He started every single game of the 4 game run where we scored 16 and while every one of our attacking players has played well at some point in his absence, not one of them can contribute his strength/physicality/directness.

Yeah, good point, I think we've really missed him without a doubt. The runs he makes from the right-hand side to get into the box are similar to Wilson's, but he brings that extra bit of size that we need to complement our forwards.

demeant0r

I didn't get to see this match but how was their first goal allowed? It struck the elbow of one of their players.

Matt10

Quote from: demeant0r on January 28, 2024, 12:42:23 AMI didn't get to see this match but how was their first goal allowed? It struck the elbow of one of their players.

It was pretty close to his side and was accidental. In addition, it dropped to another player rather than himself. I think if it happened for us we'd allow it just as much. Their second goal should have never happened as should've been a goal kick for us, not a corner.

KentFulham

Quote from: demeant0r on January 28, 2024, 12:42:23 AMI didn't get to see this match but how was their first goal allowed? It struck the elbow of one of their players.

Accidental and he was not the goalscorer so it stands

demeant0r

Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2024, 04:12:04 AM

It was pretty close to his side and was accidental. In addition, it dropped to another player rather than himself. I think if it happened for us we'd allow it just as much. Their second goal should have never happened as should've been a goal kick for us, not a corner.

I'll never understand these new handball rules. Accidental should never even come to it, it's even handball or not.