watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The referee

Started by Andy S, January 31, 2024, 12:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

How could the referee only give 6 additional minutes? There were 5 substitutions 4 for Everton where the player being substituted walked from one side of the pitch to the other.Three supposed injuries which added up to more than 6 minutes.Then the Everton player who took an eternity to tie his boots. I think the referee was weak. Some of the bookings were also not justified. Where as some fouls were bootable offences but the yellow card wasn't shown I would give him 5/10

btffc

On field ref doesn't determine the amount of stoppage time. That said there were at least 2-3 occasions when a yellow for time wasting should have been given.

Dodgin

WE didn't need more minutes Everton looked more likely to net one

HV71

The ref would have had to play into the wee small hours ( and I would have been in my pyjamas ) before anyone scored last night

SerbianLad

I agree with all of the criticism aimed at the referee here, but at the same time think he was one of the best we've had this season!

At least he didn't give a fake penalty or red card, offside goal, etc. like 90% of the referees did this season.

KentFulham

Any more minutes and we probably would have lost, we were basically on the ropes in the last 5

bencher

The ref was fine, no complaints. The problem was our forwards.

White Knight

We had over 90 minutes to score, but once again nothing to show for it, cannot blame the referee for Fulhams shortcomings.

Bill2

Should have been at the Newcastle game in the Covid period, should have been at least 8 minutes and there was only 1. Mind you we were playing rubbish and glad it was not extended.

Palhinha Colada

I thought six mins was light at the end, but that was one of the best (in relative terms) refereeing performances we've had this season. No issues with the official yesterday.

3rdgenfan

The lino in front of the Johnny Haynes stand was even worse. Almost three phases of play before he put his flag up for offside. Crazy!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on January 31, 2024, 06:05:54 PMThe line in front of the Johnny Haynes stand was even worse. Almost three phases of play before he put his flag up for offside. Crazy!
But probably following orders.  One day a player will be seriously injured because of delaying obvious offside calls.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Yorkie_FFC

Need to get our own house in order 1st. We had 25 shots with only 6 on target and 70% possession with reported 612 passes. Can't blame the referee on that one, need to hit that 7 foot high, 7 yard wide target a few more times.   

Carborundum

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on January 31, 2024, 06:05:54 PMThe lino in front of the Johnny Haynes stand was even worse. Almost three phases of play before he put his flag up for offside. Crazy!
This.  I've run the line at a lower level and know how hard it can be to stay in the same postcode as the players. But his problem was subtly different.  He was operating in a different timezone.