Spurs   
3-2
   Brentford
Liverpool   
4-1
   Chelsea

WhiteJC

Silva bemoans Fulham's failure to finish
Marco Silva lamented Fulham's failure to turn their dominance into three points as his side were held to a goalless draw at home by struggling Everton tonight.

The former Everton boss watched the Whites waste a host of clear cut chances as Raul Jimenez spurned a glorious opportunity before limping off at half time whilst his replacement Rodrigo Muniz missed presentable opportunities in the second period.

Silva called on the Cottagers to become more clinical in front of goal during his post-match press conference:

"With the result, I am disappointed. Both teams had chances to score and it was clear we were the most dominant on the pitch. We created many chances to score, we had good moments but we missed putting the ball in the net. It is not a good thing. The decision making has to be better in the final third of the attack. We need to be more assertive, more calm in some decisions because we arrived in so many dangerous areas. We need to be more ruthless and clinical in moments.

Silva confirmed that Fulham were still searching for a striker – having been linked with a loan move for Chelsea's Armando Broja – but he was not expecting a busy deadline day.

To be honest with you, I am not expecting many things towards the end of the [transfer] market. If it was possible to do something we should of done it at the beginning of the window because we had a semi-final to play and the FA Cup. The board are trying to do their best but if you ask me if we are going to do many things at the end of the market, then no. I will not talk about players that are not our players and rumours."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/silva-bemoans-fulhams-failure-to-finish/

WhiteJC

Jimenez and Diop suffer hamstring strains
Marco Silva fears Fulham's threadbare squad could be stretched to the limit after Raul Jimenez and Issa Diop were forced off with hamstring injuries in the goalless draw with Everton at Craven Cottage tonight.

Jimenez was replaced by Rodrigo Muniz at half-time whilst centre half Diop came off complaining of soreness with fifteen minutes to play.

The Fulham head coach told his post-match press conference:

"Raul [Jimenez] was feeling sore. It was not just him who came off even Issa Diop came out with some hamstring pain. Let's see how it's going to be in the next hours. They are going to be assessed by the medical department. It's not a good sign – when you play three intense games in seven days you always have a risk there. For us, it's not been easy to rotate."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/jimenez-and-diop-suffer-hamstring-strains/

WhiteJC

Castagne: Fulham's form is 'underwhelming'
Timothy Castagne described Fulham's form as 'underwhelming' after the Whites were held to a goalless draw by struggling Everton last night.

Marco Silva's side dominated an entertaining contest at Craven Cottage – but couldn't find the finishing touch in a frustrating display. The Belgian full back told FFCTV:

"We had a lot of chances. It was tough. We played well. They had a few chances as well, but I thought we played better. It's tough to end the game in a draw, I thought we deserved better – but that's football sometimes. You are a bit frustrated because you wanted more. but I do think we have any regrets. We tried our best but it was one of those games where you can try as hard as you want, it just won't go in."

Castagne even came close to scoring his first Fulham goal when he diverted Bobby De Cordova-Reid's header past Jordan Pickford but saw his header cannon off the crossbar.

"I was back to the goal and Bobby [De Cordova-Reid] headed it. I thought it was going wide so I tried to head it back the other way. It was close to being a nice, second post goal but maybe next time."

The Belgian full back gave a frank assessment of Fulham's three games in seven days that haven't gone according to plan.

I think [it is] a bit underwhelming. I thought we played well [in the] three games. Liverpool is a tough one. I thought we were a lot better than Newcastle, but we take two stupid goals. It's tough – we got one draw out of three, so it's not great. The way of playing is there. The will to play and to win is there, but today we were just missing something.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/castagne-fulhams-form-is-underwhelming/

WhiteJC

Rumour Mongering: Tosin Adarabioyo Linked on a Free This Summer
Liverpool do love a freebie.

A story from The Mirror's John Cross and Mark Jones has linked Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo with a free transfer to Liverpool FC in the summer. In the summer, the 26-year-old English centre-back had previously shown up in some lukewarm rumours with Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspurs.

Cross and Jones' story says that Liverpool came out of their Carabao Cup semi-final at Craven Cottage last Wednesday very impressed with the defender, and with Tosin out of contract in the summer, a deal could be struck. The former Manchester City product has already attracted interest from AC Milan, as he is free to talk to overseas clubs about a potential move after the end of the season.

With Joël Matip's injury and impending contract expiry, this could be a shrewd move if the Reds can pull this off. I kinda like it. From what I've seen of him over the years, Adarabioyo brings serious size and physicality with his 6 foot 5 frame and is an aerial duel monster. He looks speedy enough to play in a possession-based high-line and is strong in the tackle, with good positional awareness. I could definitely see him as an option to spell Ibrahima Konaté, and he'll help with the homegrown quota as well.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2024/1/31/24056295/liverpool-fc-rumour-mongering-fulham-tosin-adarabioyo-linked-on-a-free-this-summer-tottenham-milan

WhiteJC

Are Fulham dropping into the relegation dog fight?
What a difference a week makes. Fulham have gone out of two competitions and underwhelmed – to use Timothy Castagne's frank description from last night – against Everton. From dreaming of another final at Wembley, the Whites might have to consider the prospect of being dragged into the dogfight at the wrong end of the table – with Luton's thumping win at Brighton lifting the Hatters out of the relegation zone. If Everton were to win their appeal against the ten point deduction imposed by the Premier League, things would get a hell of a lot tighter for Marco Silva's side.

You can make a decent case for Fulham being unlucky in each of the three games we've witnessed in the last week but it comes down to a failure to find the back of the net. No team has drawn a blank in more Premier League games than the Whites – last night's frustrating draw against Everton makes it a total of eleven games – and Silva's side could have played until Saturday and still not found a way through Sean Dyche's well-drilled defence.

Raul Jimenez might have missed a glorious chance to put the hosts ahead just before the break, but he was already troubled by a hamstring problem that brought his evening to an early end. The Mexican's replacement Rodrigo Muniz might be a livewire around the training ground but he can't be considered Premier League quality. The Brazilian, something a punt by Silva in his early days at the club as an understudy to Aleksandar Mitrovic, spurned a couple of guilt-edged opportunities including a header that he send straight into Jordan Pickford's stomach when it seemed more straightforward to score.

Silva clearly doesn't fancy Carlos Vinicius – and Fulham have spent the month seeking to send the former Benfica and Tottenham striker back to his homeland. The Cottagers have elected against recalling Jay Stansfield – and you can see the logic in keeping an in-form youngster playing regularly in the Championship – but the paucity of options up front is the responsibility of the Fulham board. Allowing Mitrovic to leave for Saudi Arabia after the season had started when the uncertainty had unsettled the squad over the summer was bad enough, but not bringing in a new centre forward has proven very damaging.

Last night's game was the clearest example of how badly Fulham miss someone who could put the ball in the onion big. The home side enjoyed 70% possession and managed 25 shots at goal, but only six were on target. Two of those were splendid saves by Jordan Pickford but Silva's side badly lacks a focal point up top and a killer instinct in the eighteen yard box. Silva has committed his future to the club, but he has been woefully ill-equipped left to tackle a second season in the top flight. The striker situation is discouraging, but what's worse is that with Calvin Bassey and Alex Iwobi preparing for an Africa Cup of Nations quarter final, Fulham will down to the barest of bones for the trip to Burnley on Saturday.

Issa Diop's own hamstring strain may require Tim Ream to be pressed into service at centre back, but there's a lightness to the whole squad that meant Kristian Sekularac – a fine talent, who has proven his versatility in the under 21s since signing from Juventus – had to be drafted in to give Fulham a full complement of substitutes. The injuries should force Fulham into the transfer market now, but the time to strengthen Silva's squad was last summer when the Whites could have built on last season's top half finish.

Next up is a trip to Turf Moor, where Fulham always failure. Lose to Vincent Kompany's side and will be no way of sugar-coating the fact that the Whites are sleepwalking the wrong way towards the relegation zone. It isn't the end to the campaign that anyone would have envisaged and there's enough quality in the squad to steer the ship to safer waters but a couple of shrewd signings and more considered custodianship would provide a real boost.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/are-fulham-dropping-into-the-relegation-dog-fight/

WhiteJC

Premier League club schedule meeting this morning to discuss signing 'very talented' Chelsea player
Fulham are scheduled to sit down with Chelsea this morning to discuss the potential transfer of Armando Broja.

That is according to fresh transfer speculation.

Chelsea centre-forward Armando Broja, 22, is now receiving plenty of attention during this final week of the January transfer window. Incidentally, the window closes tomorrow night at 1pm.

First, The Telegraph claimed yesterday that Fulham manager Marco Silva still wants to try sign Broja in the final hours of the window. However, Chelsea aren't budging on their £50 million price tag right now.

There's now talk that the London rivals are about to hold further talks today.

Journalist Simon Phillips has just reported via his Substack that Fulham are still pushing to sign Broja and haven't given up hope yet.

He's explained that Fulham, Chelsea and Broja's representatives will meet at 11am on Wednesday morning for transfer discussions.

Phillips adds that the Blues will only sell the 22-year-old if clubs get close to his valuation in an obligation loan move. There's been proposals from Fulham so far, but nothing has been agreed yet.

Fulham meeting with Chelsea for Armando Broja
The noise in the transfer rumour mill is that this deal may still have legs.

Journalist David Ornstein claimed on The Athletic Transfer Briefing podcast that Broja leaving Chelsea is his one to watch during the remainder of the window. Apparently, the Blues could show some flexibility on the player's £50m valuation as the deadline draws closer amid interest from Fulham.

In our view, Chelsea may be wise to cash in for Broja in any deal upwards of £30 million. Admittedly, the squad may be a tad light in attack for the second half of the season if there's no late replacement.

Speaking via Metro Sport nearly two years ago, Frank Lampard described Broja as "very talented".

Unfortunately, Broja's not been able to seize his opportunity at Stamford Bridge in the last few months. The striker is in a battle to rediscover the dazzling form he showed before a serious knee injury.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/premier-league-club-schedule-meeting-this-morning-to-discuss-signing-very-talented-chelsea-player/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva 'disappointed' after Fulham's missed chances against Everton
Fulham boss Marco Silva lamented his side's lack of clinical finishing in the goalless draw with Everton on Tuesday.

Raul Jimenez, who was substituted at the break, missed a golden opportunity in the first half before Rodrigo Muniz failed to impact the game.

Fulham failed to move 10 points clear of the relegation-threatened Toffees in the table, adding to the woes of last week's Carabao Cup and FA Cup exits.

"With the result, I am disappointed," Silva said. "Both teams had chances to score and it was clear we were the most dominant on the pitch.

"We created many chances to score, we had good moments but we missed putting the ball in the net.

"It is not a good thing (Fulham missing chances). The decision making has to be better in the final third of the attack. We need to be more assertive, more calm in some decisions because we arrived in so many dangerous areas.

"We need to be more ruthless and clinical in moments."

Jimenez netted four goals in December but looked a shadow of himself against Everton.

The west Londoners have been linked to Chelsea's Armando Broja in the last few days of the transfer window but Silva played down any chances for a deal before Thursday's deadline.

"To be honest with you, I am not expecting many things towards the end of the market," Silva added. "If it was possible to do something we should of done it at the beginning of the window because we had a semi-final to play and the FA Cup.

"The board are trying to do their best but if you ask me if we are going to do many things at the end of the market, then no.

"I will not talk about players that are not our players and rumours."

Toffees goalkeeper Jordan Pickford had a standout performance which included a magnificent fingertip save to deny Tosin Adarabioyo's close-range header in the second half.

Everton manager Sean Dyche talked up the England number one.

He said: "I thought he had a good performance. He is England's number one and we have a high expectation of him.

"His decision making was good tonight and as a team we worked very hard in front of him, we had a collective mentality. He played his part tonight without a shadow of a doubt."

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/marco-silva-disappointed-after-fulhams-missed-chances-against-everton

WhiteJC

Fulham and Chelsea resume Broja talks
Fulham, Chelsea and representatives of Armando Broja are meeting this morning to try and hammer out a deal to see the Albanian international move on loan at Craven Cottage for the remainder of this campaign.

The 22 year-old is open to remaining in the capital and the Premier League having been told by Mauricio Pochettino that is unlikely to get much first-team football in the rest of the season. Chelsea would prefer a sale as they seek to raise funds to bring in an extra striker, but Fulham have dismissed their £50m asking price as unrealistic. The Whites also regard Chelsea's demand of an obligation to buy at the end of the loan deal as excessive, especially at the value of £35m.

But the need to add a striker to Marco Silva's squad was starkly demonstrated by Fulham's failure to find the net against Everton last night – with first-choice centre forward Raul Jimenez replaced at half-time having reported pain in his hamstring. Fulham have failed to score in eleven league games this season – the highest in the Premier League – and have not replaced Aleksandar Mitrovic.

It remains to be seen whether the near neighbours can come to arrangement that will give Broja more first-team football, but Silva has also identified a number of other possibilities should Fulham fail to land his top target.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/fulham-and-chelsea-resume-broja-talks/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva plays down chances of Fulham signing Armando Broja in £50m deal from Chelsea
Marco Silva has downplayed the chances of Fulham bringing in a new striker before the transfer window closes despite fresh links with Chelsea's Armando Broja.

The Cottagers were held to a goalless draw at home to Everton on Tuesday evening despite having 25 shots and 70 per cent possession, with the match underlining their need for more firepower up top.

Raul Jimenez leads the side's scoring charts with just five Premier League goals, but he was forced off at half-time against Everton with a hamstring injury.

Fulham have been linked in recent days with a last-minute, £50million swoop for Chelsea forward Broja, but Silva has now played down the likelihood of any new additions.

Asked if Jimenez's injury increases the chances of signing a striker amid growing links with a move for Broja, Silva said: 'Okay, to be honest with you, if you ask me that I'm expecting some or very many things until the end of the market, no.

'I was clear with you from the beginning of the window. Of course, with the decisive games we had before this one, if it was possible to do something we should have done it in the beginning of the window because we had semi-finals to play, FA Cup to play and all that stuff.

'Of course, the board is trying to do their best. If you ask me if I expect many, many things until the end of the market then no.'

Specifically on rumoured interest in Broja, Silva said: 'No, I will not talk about players that are not [Fulham] players. I'm not going to talk about rumours.'

On Jimenez's injury, he added: 'Not just him, Issa Diop came out as well. Both of them came out with some hamstring issues.

'Let's see how it's going to be in the next hours and they are going to be assessed by the medical department. Let's see how it's going to be.

'When you have some issues in the hamstring [that force you] to come out it's not a good sign, definitely.

'When you play three games in seven days, such intense games and all that stuff, you have always a risk there. In some moments it's possible to rotate. For us, it's not been easy to rotate some players and then there's this type of risk you have to take.

'If it was short before the game in terms of numbers, with some kids on the bench too, probably it's going to be even shorter for the next one but it's our reality and we have to keep working with the players that we have.'

https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/31/marco-silva-plays-chances-fulham-striking-50m-deal-chelsea-20199211/?ito=newsnow-feed

WhiteJC

Armando Broja: Fulham weigh up Deadline Day move for Chelsea striker
Wolves failed with a loan offer for the striker as the Blues hold out for a permanent sale

Fulham are weighing up a late move for Chelsea striker Armando Broja after Raul Jimenez was injured in last night's 0-0 draw with Everton.

Jimenez was forced off at half-time with a suspected hamstring strain and Fulham face a nervous wait to discover the extent of the problem.

Broja travelled with the Chelsea squad for tonight's match at Liverpool but he could still leave the club before tomorrow's transfer deadline.

Fulham appear his most likely destination, with Wolves reluctant to make another offer after their loan bid was rejected yesterday. Aston Villa and West Ham had also explored a move for Broja but are not expected to revive their interest this month.

Chelsea want to cash in on Broja to help balance the books. They are not interested in sending him out on loan unless the deal includes an obligation-to-buy clause which will lock in a permanent deal in the summer.

Chelsea initially set an asking price at £50million for the 22-year-old, but that figure could come down substantially before the deadline.

After Jimenez limped off last night, Fulham boss Marco Silva said: "It's not a good sign."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-broja-fulham-b1136009.html

WhiteJC

"A lot of money..." - Carlton Palmer highlights "difficult call" Plymouth Argyle could face on Brentford, Fulham and Lazio target
Carlton Palmer delivers his verdict on a tense couple of days towards the end of the January window for the Pilgrims.

A big money offer for Morgan Whittaker in the January transfer window could force Plymouth Argyle to make a difficult decision.
    Whittaker is in the midst of his most productive season, scoring goals consistently for Plymouth.
    Lazio's interest in Whittaker puts Plymouth in a tricky spot, as selling him could generate money but jeopardise their chances of survival.

Former England international Carlton Palmer believes a big money offer for Morgan Whittaker in the final days of the January window could mean Plymouth Argyle face "a difficult call".

The in-form forward is currently in the midst of his most productive season to date, firing goals for fun in an otherwise average Plymouth side, and is one of his side's key assets.

As such, interest has rumbled on throughout the January transfer window, and the final days could prove crucial to the fate of the Pilgrims' season. Fans at Home Park Stadium will no doubt be willing for February to arrive as quickly as possible.

Plymouth boss Ian Foster has made clear that the intention is for Whittaker to remain until at least the summer, but a valuable offer could prove tough to refuse for all parties.

Morgan Whittaker transfer latest
Interest in the 23-year-old was initially flooding in from the Premier League, with Brentford, West Ham United, and Fulham all believed to be taking a key interest - with the two West London clubs linked with a late-window move.

However, having had a first bid turned down for fellow Championship winger Jack Clarke by Sunderland, Serie A side Lazio returned to the second-tier market to table a bid for Whittaker, which Plymouth's director of football, Neil Dewsnip, confirmed the club had turned down.

Dewsnip was quoted by the Athletic as saying: "Last night we received an official offer for Morgan from Lazio. Having discussed this internally and with the player's representatives, the offer was immediately rejected. Morgan is very happy at Argyle and we maintain our position that he is not for sale."

With Lazio having submitted a second offer for Sunderland's Clarke, they appear determined to land a target in this area of the pitch, so it may not be the end of their Whittaker pursuit.

Carlton Palmer believes Lazio interest could put Plymouth in a tricky spot
The former Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United defender has delivered his verdict on the Whittaker transfer saga and believes that letting the winger go at this stage of the season could prove fatal to the Pilgrims' chances of survival.

Speaking exclusively to Football League World, he said: "Lazio, after having an initial offer turned down by Sunderland for Jack Clarke, I believe to have also made an offer for in-form Plymouth winger Morgan Whittaker.

"Whittaker is having a fantastic season and can play wide or down the middle. He has scored seven goals and six assists."

Although Palmer recognises that the Pilgrims want to keep Whittaker at the club, he thinks a high-value offer could make for a difficult decision.

"Plymouth are keen to keep Whittaker at the club but should Lazio meet their valuation, they won't stand in the player's way," he said. "It's a difficult call for Plymouth; on one hand selling Whittaker would generate a lot of money but survival is a top priority and Whittaker's presence and current form would enhance that possibility.

"Whittaker has never shown this kind of form before, so there's always the question, 'Is it a flash in the pan?'

"As always the offer on the amount will dictate the outcome, but these are worrying days for Plymouth until the window closes."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/carlton-palmer-morgan-whittaker-plymouth-argyle-fulham-brentford-lazio/

WhiteJC

Premier League Club may need to get rid of 28-year-old before they can sign £50m Chelsea player
Fulham may need to offload one player before they can push forward with their attempts to sign Chelsea's Armando Broja.

That is according to new speculation.

Armando Broja, who's a product of the Blues academy, is the player most strongly linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge in the final two days of the January transfer window.

So, will the 22-year-old striker still be a Chelsea player after tomorrow's deadline day?

Journalist Jacob Steinberg has claimed that Fulham's pursuit for Broja may depend on them first getting rid of Carlos Vinicius.

Fulham striker Vinicius, 28, is a centre-forward spending most of his time sitting on the bench this season at Craven Cottage.

Is there time for the Brazilian to leave and for Broja to replace him?

Steinberg wrote on X: "Fulham are looking at a deal for Chelsea striker Armando Broja. Could depend on Carlos Vinicius leaving. If Broja goes this week it's likely to be a loan with an option."

Elsewhere, The Telegraph said yesterday that Fulham boss Marco Silva is keen on trying o sign Broja in the final hours of the Januaryr window. Chelsea aren't prepared yet to lower their £50 million price tag, though.

Fulham move for Armando Broja
The time is certainly running out for clubs to complete their business in this mid-season window.

We do think Fulham could be a perfect home for Broja to rediscover himself, but the speculation in the media points towards Chelsea being stubborn and only letting him leave on a permanent basis.

He does look a long way off being the solution to the No 9 problem at Stamford Bridge, with his long-term injury really derailing his development.

Whether it's in a Fulham or Chelsea shirt, it would be great for the young forward to rediscover his spark and golden touch in front of goal.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/premier-league-club-may-need-to-get-rid-of-28-year-old-before-they-can-sign-50m-chelsea-player/

WhiteJC

Brentford and Fulham beaten to 'magnificent' target as £15m deal agreed
The former Brentford man looks poised to complete a move to Ligue 1 side Lyon.

Brentford and Fulham have been delivered a suckerpunch by news that Ligue 1 side Lyon have had a deal for West Ham forward Said Benrahama accepted by the club.

The former Bees man had been linked with a return to West London this month as links to both Brentford and Fulham were drawn. The Algerian has fallen out of favour under David Moyes this season and has managed just seven Premier League starts this term and picked up a red card in the FA Cup defeat to Championship side Bristol City in his last outing.

Benrahama had reportedly become a target for Brentford and Fulham with a 'cheap return deal' believed to be available for Thomas Frank's side. Meanwhile, Marco Silva suggested that any moves before Deadline Day would be very unlikely for Fulham after Tuesday's draw to Everton.

Benrahma had previously spent three years at Brentford between 2018 and 2021, before making a loan move to West Ham permanent for £25 million. During his first spell in red and white, Benrahma registered 30 goals and 27 assists in 94 appearances.

During that time Frank heaped praise on the forward, labelling him as 'magnificent' after a hat-trick against Hull City in 2020. The manager said: "He was magnificent in his actions, his touches and of course scoring three goals. It was a fantastic performance from him."

However, Sky Sports report that it is Lyon who have won the race to agree a deal with West Ham. The club has accepted a loan deal with an obligation to buy for a fee of around £15 million this summer. The outlet adds that Benrahma has not yet confirmed whether he is keen to make the move, which does provide some hope to any interested Premier League clubs - the forward's contract is set to expire in 2026.

Agreeing the departure of Benrahma will add increased pressure on West Ham to finalise deals for the promising Ibrahim Osman and former Celtic star Jota this window. Both have been linked with moves to the Hammers, who want to boost striking options, and the loss of Benrahma without replacement would be a problem for Moyes and his side.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/brentford/brentford-and-fulham-beaten-to-magnificent-target-as-ps15m-deal-agreed-4499342

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest and Fulham have 'manifested interest' in 21-year-old – Need to act very quickly
On Tuesday, a convoluted process had begun between Nottingham Forest, Torino and Atalanta for the right-back's potential move to City Ground.

The Tricky Trees were said to be interested in the 21-year-old, currently on loan from Bergamo in Turin, where he wasn't being used much.

This came around the same time as Nottingham Forest's Serge Aurier was being touted as a Galatasaray target, yet Foot Mercato believe there's another club in the mix: Fulham.

It's a bit of a strange one, since the Craven Cottage side already have Timothy Castagne (brought in from Leicester in the summer) and Kenny Tete in the role, but they are said to be keen on the young defender.

Foot Mercato report on Wednesday that Atalanta and Torino are currently in talks to break the loan of Soppy, who himself wants to leave Turin because of both his lack of game time and him being 'tempted by an English adventure'.

The Bergamo side only want to cut the deal short if they can find him a new club to bounce back in immediately, and both Nottingham Forest and Fulham have 'manifested an interest' for the former Udinese man.

The problem for them, and this comes directly from Italy courtesy of Gianluca Di Marzio, is that Schalke 04 are now getting 'closer and closer' to getting Soppy on loan, with the German side in talks to strike a deal.

In short, if Nottingham Forest and Fulham really do want him, they are going to have to jump in properly very quickly.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/nottingham-forest-fulham-manifested-interest-21-year-old-need-act-quickly/

WhiteJC

FFCtv Showing Liverpool FA Youth Cup Clash
Fulham fans will be able to get behind our youngsters from home, with our upcoming FA Youth Cup clash (Sunday 4th February) with Liverpool being shown on FFCtv for free.

The young Whites were on fire in the previous round, putting five past Swansea City to set up a fifth round tie against a strong Liverpool outfit.

Our stream will begin at 12:50pm and commentary will be provided by Gentleman Jim. The feed will be accessible via our club website and app, but due to competition rules, only supporters based in the UK will be able to view.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/january/29/FFCtv-Showing-FA-Youth-Cup-Clash/

WhiteJC

Fulham eyeing striker as impressive season continues – €50m claim sounds fanciful
Fulham are eyeing a move for VfL Wolfsburg forward Jonas Wind but would need a high offer to get him out of Germany before the end of this transfer window.

That's according to SportBILD, who say Fulham are eyeing the striker but may need as much as €50m to secure his signature.

The newspaper explains that the 24-year-oldhas earned himself admirers this season as Wolfsburg's top goalscorer with nine goals, and five assists to his name as well.

Indeed, he has been in good form since returning in January 2022 and has increased his market value from €7m to €25m.

Fulham are interested in him but signing him will not be an easy task as his contract runs until 2026 and does not contain an exit clause.

Thus, the Germans would need a 'very high offer' if they were to sanction a move in the January transfer window, as well as finding a replacement before the window closes.

That makes a transfer rather unlikely at this stage but a farewell in the summer is 'conceivable' , with Fulham and other English sides expected to bid if Wind continues to impress.

SportBILD say a transfer fee of €50m cannot be ruled out for the striker, although that seems rather high for someone who is valued at half of that earlier in their own article.

They may simply be getting a little drunk from the January transfer window punch, and Fulham would certainly have to be taking big glugs of it to pay such a fee, but their interest is there nonetheless and something to keep an eye out for moving forwards.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-eyeing-striker-impressive-season-continues-summer-transfer-deal-move-conceivable/

WhiteJC

Talks ramp up as Fulham push for club-record striker signing after big injury forces Marco Silva hand
Fulham are considering a fresh move for Armando Broja with the club keen to sign the Chelsea forward before Thursday's transfer deadline, TEAMtalk can reveal.

Broja has been heavily linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge throughout January having struggled to cement a place in Chelsea's starting lineup under new manager Mauricio Pochettino this season.

TEAMtalk exclusively revealed on Monday that Pochettino is happy to let the forward leave this month with Fulham, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Aston Villa leading the chase for his signature.

Fulham and Wolves have been the most active in the pursuit of Broja, with both clubs having loan offers already rejected earlier this month.

TEAMtalk can now reveal that Fulham are weighing up making another offer for Broja, with the club holding talks with Chelsea over the last 24 hours in the search for a solution.

Fulham and Chelsea are understood to be edging closer to an agreement for the 22-year-old, who came through the Stamford Bridge club's academy after a short spell with Tottenham Hotspur as a youngster.

Fulham considered fresh Broja offer after Chelsea talks
Chelsea are believed to be seeking a loan with an obligation to buy, with the Blues pushing for a guaranteed sale of Broja – at a starting price of £35million – in the summer.

Fulham's previous offer only included an option to buy, whereas Wolves' offer was understood to be a straight loan with no option for nor commitment to a permanent deal.

The Cottagers' attempts to get a deal over the line for Broja are expected to intensify after forward Raul Jimenez, a summer signing from Wolves, was taken off with a hamstring injury after 45 minutes of Fulham's goalless draw with Everton on Tuesday.

Fulham also lost centre-back Issa Diop to a hamstring injury on 75 minutes, with manager Marco Silva admitting the injuries were "not a good sign" in the post-match press conference.

He said: "Both came off with some hamstring issues there. Let's see how they are going to be in the next hours. They are going to be assessed by the medical department and let's see how they're going to be.

"When you have some issues in the hamstring, it's not a good sign. When you play three games in seven days, such intense games and all that stuff, you have always a risk there.

"In some moments it's possible for us to rotate, but it's not been easy to rotate some players, too, and we have this type of risk that we have to take."

Committing to a £35m fee for Broja in the summer would see Fulham shatter their transfer record, having made Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri the club's record signing for £25m following promotion to the Premier League in 2018.

Fulham have been on the hunt for more striking options following the loss of star forward Aleksandar Mitrovic to Saudi Arabia's Al Hilal last summer.

https://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/talks-ramp-up-fulham-push-club-record-striker-signing-armando-broja-chelsea

WhiteJC

Sources: Brentford and Fulham told £15m Morgan Whittaker bid could be accepted
Brentford and Fulham target Morgan Whittaker could cost a fee of up to £15million late in the January transfer window, sources have told Football Insider.

Football Insider revealed on Monday (29 January) that talent spotters from both London clubs watched Whittaker in action against Leeds in the FA Cup fourth round on 27 January.

It is believed either side could make a late move for the attacker before Thursday's (1 February) transfer deadline.

Whittaker is also attracting attention from West Ham after a standout first full season in the Championship with Plymouth Argyle.

Football Insider revealed on Tuesday (30 January) that Serie A side Lazio have submitted a late-window offer for the 23-year-old.

A well-placed source has told Football Insider that any club would have to part with a "big fee" to prise Whittaker away from Plymouth this month.

The Home Park club have already lost several key players as well as ex-manager Steven Schumacher this month as they battle to avoid relegation straight back to League One.

Whittaker, who is under contract until June 2027, has hit 16 goals and seven assists in 31 games so far this season.

He cost a reported club-record fee of just £1million plus add-ons when he joined Argyle from Swansea last summer (2023).

Brentford sit 15th in the Premier League and need more firepower to stave off the threat of relegation despite the recent return of Ivan Toney.

Fulham sit 12th in the top flight following their 0-0 draw against Everton on Tuesday (30 January).

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-brentford-and-fulham-told-15m-morgan-whittaker-bid-could-be-accepted/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Ambitious Chase for Chelsea's Broja

Fulham's Ambitious Move for Armando Broja: A Strategic Play in the Transfer Market
Fulham's Bold Target
In an intriguing twist to the transfer market saga, Fulham's manager, Marco Silva, has set his sights on Chelsea striker Armando Broja, as reported by The Telegraph. This move, though ambitious, could be a game-changer for Fulham, looking to bolster their attacking options.

Valuation and Negotiation Hurdles
Broja, a promising talent at just 22, has been valued by Chelsea at a hefty £50 million. Despite this steep price, Fulham's interest remains unwavering. The crux of the matter lies in the negotiation – can Fulham meet Chelsea's valuation before the transfer window slams shut?

Strategic Significance of Broja's Acquisition
Securing Broja would not only fill the void left by Aleksandar Mitrovic's departure but also signal Fulham's intent in the Premier League. Broja's performance, albeit limited this season due to a knee injury, shows promise. His scoring ability, coupled with his potential, aligns with Fulham's strategic objectives.

Market Dynamics and Future Prospects
The transfer market, currently experiencing a dearth of strikers, has seen inflated prices, as evident in Manchester United's £72 million outlay for Rasmus Hojlund. Broja's price tag, in this context, reflects the current market dynamics. Fulham's pursuit of Broja is a testament to their ambition and could pay dividends in their quest for Premier League stability.

In conclusion, Fulham's pursuit of Broja is a bold move, reflective of the club's strategic planning and market acumen. The potential deal, while challenging, could be a significant step in their Premier League journey.

https://eplindex.com/103592/fulhams-ambitious-chase-for-chelseas-broja.html