watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many points from the last 15

Started by South Coast White, February 07, 2024, 04:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

With 15 games left to seasons end, how many points do we think we can achieve realistically with our renting fixtures.
We have a lot of games with tough opponents and those hitting a bit of form recently.
I can see maybe 15 max, prob 12 so will 38 keep us safe?

South Coast White

Quote from: South Coast White on February 07, 2024, 04:15:00 PMWith 15 games left to seasons end, how many points do we think we can achieve realistically with our renting fixtures.
We have a lot of games with tough opponents and those hitting a bit of form recently.
I can see maybe 15 max, prob 12 so will 38 keep us safe?

Typo error (remaining)

SuffolkWhite

We will get over 40 points but what games we get them from is a complete lottery. We beat Arsenal and could have won other games we drew or lost. We have also won games we should have lost or drawn.
We are so inconsistent this season 🙄
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Lighthouse

I am looking on the dark side and see just 10 more points. It depends on the striker and how consistent our inconsistency will be. The players returning and a few goals may change everything. But right now I am only seeing struggle. So 10 points and the harsh reality of missed chances and poor preparation.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

I don't know how many points this team can produce, but it's gonna get much much tougher moving forward.  I had hoped we would have gained a handful in these last 4 EPL games, Chelsea, Everton, Burnley and Bournemouth.  This group of four games has produced very little, let's see what happens this Saturday v Bournemouth.  After that, getting to that magical 40 is gonna be difficult.

Super Mick

We're playing a lot of the sky clubs so no doubt will get mugged by officials and var in quite a few.   

H4usuallysitting

Unless of course - Everton get hit with another 10 point deduction

alfie

I'm looking at , I haven't a clue.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JimOG

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 07, 2024, 04:52:48 PMUnless of course - Everton get hit with another 10 point deduction

And Forest??

blingo

We will have Shirley and Iwobi back. It will all then depend on Broja and whether or not we start finding goals from other positions on the pitch.
We will finish around where we are now.

Somerset Fulham

No idea but it will comfortably be enough whatever it is.

LC

We'll get to 40 points.

With a full squad and no injuries plus a Mitrovic replacement we're easily a top 10 team. The problem is a Mitrovic replacement on our budget is difficult.

Caedal

I think, looking at the fixtures, we'll get another 15 points

Twig

Another 12 points would be my guess.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Just gone through all the games quickly.

But pessimistic, 12 points I reckon.

Luton may well finish above us on the final day match if they continue their good form. Hopefully should be safe though.

Thailand Mick

The Everton game was our only home league draw this season so with that in mind I think we may win three and lose the rest,away one win and a couple of draws  giving us 14 points.

S.F.Sorrow

I can see us getting around 37-39 points total. Most other seasons we would have been relegation fodder. We'll need to strengthen the squad significantly next season. There will be far stronger teams coming up from the Championship. This combined with out ageing squad doesn't exactly fill me with optimism for next season... But first we will have to survive this one (although relegation seems extremely unlikely at this point).

Woolly Mammoth

I really have no idea, as Fulham are unpredictable, but even if they weren't i would still not be sure.
Because it is all on the day and who is selected to play, and on the day someone could get injured early on or sent off or an important decision go against.
So let us hope in our next match we can play well and win the game, and to do that we must score goals.
We scored 2 last week and still could not win.
So how can anyone foresee what can happen.
A week in football is a long time, and nobody should raise their expectations as it only magnifies any disappointment.

Just concentrate on the next one up and let the points take care of themselves.
If Fulham are good enough we will play well enough to stay up goals and mistakes permitting.
If we are not good enough then the possibility of relegation is possible.
If you twist my arm i would say that we have enough decent key players to stay up.
However when push comes to shove, when we meet any opponent who ever they are, especially other teams in and around the trap door.
We shall need to fight our corner and run further faster and longer than them, as no games will be a picnic.
Forget where each team is placed, just win it whoever they are.
You cannot chose or select when you want to win, the graveyard is full of managers and teams and supporters who foolishly thought that.
Forget about luck and bad luck,
luck is an excuse for someone else's success.
Many a  team suffers injuries and rotten luck and poor decisions especially the smaller clubs when it comes to decisions.
But just get on with it and man up.
Once you start relying on other teams losing, you have to ask yourself why.
Maybe it's because you do not think Fulham are good enough to stay up.
Wise men  say if you think you are going to lose  you probably will.
Do not confuse pessimism with reality either.
If you think you can rely on players coming back, then while you are waiting, somebody else could get injured.
So it's just a revolving door, that is the reality of football, and concentrate on who his fit and available, they are the ones who can play us out of any danger that may arise..
Not the ones in the nightingale ward, you can wait for them longer than you expect.
One week at a time, that is the reality of football at the sharp end,  on the front line, in the trenches.
You can only win points on the field of play.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

Blimey. A lot of pessimism about. I think we've actually been playing mostly well, but with some cock-ups, some bad luck, some injuries and some bad spells. I think Broja will make a difference, as will Traore soon, then the return of Bassey and Iwoji. We'll finish lower mid-table on 44 points  ::cool:: 

bill taylors apprentice

Between 10 and 15.

If I had to say a number, on current form 12.