watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Sexist Gray and Keys - Funny listening

Started by os5889, January 23, 2011, 12:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Sky Sports presenters Keys and Gray score an own goal as microphone picks up sexist diatribe against female linesman - and Apprentice star Karren Brady

Sky Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys are at the centre of a sexism row after they questioned whether a female assistant referee knew the offside rule during a Premier League match.

The commentators, who apparently believed their microphones were switched off, were recorded making disparaging remarks about Sian Massey, 25, before Liverpool's Premier League clash with Wolves on Saturday.

They also criticised Apprentice star and West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady, who had written about sexism in a newspaper column on Saturday.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01_04/sky.mp3
Click here to listen to Keys and Gray attack female linesman Sian Massey

Double act: But have Richard Keys and Andy Gray gone too far this time?

Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: 'Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.'

Mr Gray, a former Scotland striker, replied: 'Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don't know the offside rule.'

Mr Keys replied: 'Course they don't. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Dalglish) will go potty. This isn't the first time, is it? Didn't we have one before?'

Later in the exchange, Mr Keys said: 'The game's gone mad. Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love.'

Ms Brady had said she had 'experienced sexism at its rankest, lies about my personal life and a level of calculated mischief that is simply appalling'.

Asked about the pundits' remarks, she said: 'I think this just sums up everything I said in my column.'

Criticised: Female linesman Sian Massey and Apprentice star Karren Brady

During the game, which Liverpool won 3-0, Ms Massey angered Wolves by refusing to rule Raul Meireles offside before he set up Liverpool's first goal. The replay showed that she made the correct decision.

When The Mail on Sunday put the transcript to Mr Keys, he said: 'I have no recollection of that. I have no idea what you are talking about.

'My recollection is that I wished the young lady all the best.'

When told a recording existed of the conversation, he said: 'If you have a tape then you don't need me to talk to you.'

The Mail on Sunday sent a transcript and a copy of the recording to a Sky Sports spokeswoman on Saturday night.

She was not able to confirm or deny the veracity of the clip, which was provided to this newspaper by an anonymous source.

Mr Gray could not be reached on Saturday night.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1349790/Richard-Keys-Andy-Gray-sexist-rant-female-linesman.html#ixzz1BrUH4k3u

CULTUREVULTURE

Women as referees assistants?

Does anybody remember Wendy Toms at Arsenal a few years back?

White Noise

If Sky have got any sense they will sack these pair of clowns. I have never known two tv presenters last so long on the same show. This is a chance to freshen things up and maybe get someone in who knows more about football than Cheech and Chong.

Lighthouse

It was said off air so it is a private view with a bit of banter.

I dislike these two presenters very much anyway. Although I don't have SKY so am making a leap of faith that I couldn't stand them

I am all for Female Refs as they could be like female Policewomen. Much easier to talk to and tend to make the right  and sensible call.

I dislike Karen Brady because I see her as somebody who knows little and talks alot. I no longer watch the Apprentice.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 23, 2011, 07:08:38 PM
It was said off air so it is a private view with a bit of banter.

I dislike these two presenters very much anyway. Although I don't have SKY so am making a leap of faith that I couldn't stand them

I am all for Female Refs as they could be like female Policewomen. Much easier to talk to and tend to make the right  and sensible call.

I dislike Karen Brady because I see her as somebody who knows little and talks alot. I no longer watch the Apprentice.

I like Karren Brady but dislike all women. Still, we have had female judges, clerics, and police persons so I guess we should let them drive and come to football as well?