watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford for sale for 400m

Started by ffcthereligion, February 21, 2024, 12:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

https://news.sky.com/story/brentford-fc-owner-benham-eyes-400m-valuation-as-sale-kicks-off-13076931

"Matthew Benham, the owner of Brentford Football Club, has hired Rothschild to oversee a process that could involve relinquishing majority ownership of the Premier League outfit, Sky News learns.

The owner of Brentford, the Premier League football club, has engaged advisers to canvas offers of investment that could value one of the sport's biggest recent success stories at more than £400m.

Sky News has learnt that Matthew Benham, who initially invested in the Bees in 2007, has hired Rothschild to oversee a process that could involve the sale of a controlling stake.

Rothschild is expected to kick off a formal process in the near future, with football industry experts anticipating that Brentford will become the latest in a string of top-flight clubs to draw interest from US-based investors.

Under Mr Benham's stewardship, Brentford has become one of the most impressive clubs in English football, rising from the lower divisions to become a Premier League club in 2021.

It has also moved from its long-standing Griffin Park home to a new stadium near Kew Bridge.

One insider said that the current owner was open-minded about whether to sell a minority or majority shareholding in Brentford, but that any deal would be expected to value it at more than £400m.

If he does decide to offload a controlling stake, Mr Benham would want to remain as a minority investor for the long term, the insider added.

Such a price tag would reflect the soaring valuations of Premier League clubs even as uncertainty persists about the sport's future financial arrangements."

So, how much are FFC worth?

Buffalo76

3rdgenfan

That's a lot for a bus stop and shelter

LC

If they are worth £400m we must be worth close to £800m to £1bn.

I think they are worth half of that

StuinSalop

They will be worth a quarter of that once relegated.

Penfold

Quote from: LC on February 21, 2024, 03:28:50 PMIf they are worth £400m we must be worth close to £800m to £1bn.

I think they are worth half of that

The amount of money in football is ridiculous. But on the current trend, they could probably get away with asking for £400m as relatively new stadium and (I assume) that they have a training ground.

FFC must be worth more due to the training ground plus additional land acquired.

When MAF sold, SK allegedly paid somewhere in region of £200m but, per a couple of writers on football finance, probably paid over the odds.

davew

We haven't got a top quality striker included in the package!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

I Ronic

Quote from: davew on February 21, 2024, 05:30:27 PMWe haven't got a top quality striker included in the package!

Neither will Brentford, if their manager is to be believed.

mrmicawbers

Two Bob sounds about right to me.Very apt for a club of that calibre.

We Are Premier League

Squad probably worth 300 so might not be that far off

Carborundum

Boehly's paid that for his subs bench.

Angus Telford

Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 21, 2024, 09:20:14 PMSquad probably worth 300 so might not be that far off

Astute observation, Transfermarkt as a crude metric values their squad at £330m excluding loanees.
Maybe add £70m for the stadium real estate, £400m doesn't sound far wrong.

We in contrast have a squad valued at £260m.
With the premium riverside real estate of our ground, assume our overall valuation would be similar to theirs.

Super Mick

The Rational Fan

On Brentford's Balance Sheet on the 30th June 2022, the accounting offical standards valued it to be worth £47.3 million. I don't think it is worth much more than that now.

The fact multiple rich idiots would like to buy a football club for £300m+ means it will sell for £400m, but in terms of future profits it will give owners, I think £47.3m is about right.

ianthailand

Quote from: Buffalo76 on February 21, 2024, 01:59:09 PMWorth £400m?????? :slap:  :slap:  :slap:
I think they put an 'm' after the 400 when they meant a 'p.'

General

Their new stadium capacity is 17,250.

Ours should be 30,000.. our real estate is worth a lot more, so is our history and London location, not to forget transport links.. you can get to us via the district line from putney Bridge, or via any of a number of lines via Hammersmith. For then you've got to go to Kew bridge Station or drive.

And, it should be noted that the owner is selling part of his majority shareholding and isn't necessarily selling everything, so the price for them could change.

mrmicawbers

If Benham wants to sell they are in trouble already.

filham

Removing the Gas Works from Brentford must have increased their value by a couple of hundred pounds but hard to see how it got up to £400m.

Andy S

Like everything else in life it is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. The fact is it won't affect me whatever it is sold for!

filham

If anyone pays that amount I suspect the prices of seats will increase soon after the purchase.