watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How was that not a red for Maguire?

Started by SerbianLad, February 24, 2024, 05:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

That raised foot just fell short of our players legso I think that is why he got away wit a red.
Also in that match red cards were nt given to players wearing red shirts, basic rule.

Fulham1959

Barrett487

Quote from: filham on February 24, 2024, 07:56:54 PMThat raised foot just fell short of our players legso I think that is why he got away wit a red.
Also in that match red cards were nt given to players wearing red shirts, basic rule.
Feet and ankles can also be broken, but i take your point

peachcobbler

I've listened to every studs up high challenge that has gone to VAR and every single time the ankle buckles they specifically call that out even if it isn't high for a red. The fact that they somehow don't do the same here is criminal.

Yorkie_FFC

It's not about the height but the intent/outcome of the foul. The decision is between reckless (yellow) and using excessive force (red)

As per Law 12 (Fouls and misconduct)
Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned (yellow)
Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off (red)

For me and without any tinted specs on as we got the win it's a red all day long

SerbianLad

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 24, 2024, 07:54:19 PMAside from the tackle, I thought that your man was fantastic today, SerbianLad. Thats the player that I thought was in there somewhere.
Happy for him of course. Although I think he can play much better than that still.

That counter attack he started in the first half in which he later combined with Iwobi was probably my highlight, as that showed how he usually is as a player, a dynamic, ball-carrying midfielder.

RaySmith

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 24, 2024, 08:09:31 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 24, 2024, 07:54:19 PMAside from the tackle, I thought that your man was fantastic today, SerbianLad. Thats the player that I thought was in there somewhere.
Happy for him of course. Although I think he can play much better than that still.

That counter attack he started in the first half in which he later combined with Iwobi was probably my highlight, as that showed how he usually is as a player, a dynamic, ball-carrying midfielder.

Finally seems to be finding his feet, and getting used to our style of play and building confidence.

Didn't really surprise me that he played so well, always thought he looked promising as player, does the job he's told to do unostentatiously, but today he also showed real flair and skill.
Think he'll become a crowd favourite.

Nick Bateman

Their goal looked offside. McTomely clearly offside put off Leno by running across in front of the shot causing him to fumble. VAR did Fulham no favours.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 24, 2024, 08:24:17 PMTheir goal looked offside. McTomely clearly offside put off Leno by running across in front of the shot causing him to fumble. VAR did Fulham no favours.

Bassey's trail leg kept both players clearly onside.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Whitestone on February 24, 2024, 05:32:57 PMThere's no consistency in the game. Gilmour quite rightly gets sent off for Brighton today while Maguire gets away with one.

Gilmour's was clearly higher up, above the ankle and on to the achilles.

The real argument is what was the difference between Gilmour's foul and Gusto's foul on Willian at Stamford bridge...

copthornemike

Pretty simple really, down to the VAR procedure.
Player commits foul.
VAR cameras check offending player's club badge ... A.
VAR cameras check offended player's club badge ... B.
If A is > B check decision, let play continue.
That is how it often appears to many of us.
Next question.

Rupert

My only surprise about VAR inconsistencies favouring the bigger clubs is that people are surprised that there are inconsistencies favouring the bigger clubs.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

perry geyton

I hate advocating for players to be sent off but it was def a bit dodgy, if it was the other way round Lukic would of been off I reckon

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 24, 2024, 08:09:31 PMThat counter attack he started in the first half in which he later combined with Iwobi was probably my highlight, as that showed how he usually is as a player, a dynamic, ball-carrying midfielder.

Yes, that was absolutely cracking, it really was.  I also think that he did the quiet things really bloody well too today, I don't recall him losing a challenge.

I'm happy for him and I really hope that he kicks on a bit now.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: cookieg on February 24, 2024, 06:52:19 PMI'm sure it will be analysed on MOTD and the outcome will be how dare Lukic put his foot under Maguire's.
Close, but you'll be pleased to hear that all three 'experts' declared it just a yellow, so we should probably just keep our fan opinions to ourselves because, y'know, the great Micah Richards has spoken...🤦

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on February 24, 2024, 10:50:33 PM
Quote from: cookieg on February 24, 2024, 06:52:19 PMI'm sure it will be analysed on MOTD and the outcome will be how dare Lukic put his foot under Maguire's.

Close, but you'll be pleased to hear that all three 'experts' declared it just a yellow, so we should probably just keep our fan opinions to ourselves because, y'know, the great Micah Richards has spoken...🤦

The three of them are glove puppets for the football establishment.
I am surprised they did not mention that Lukic should have got a yellow for getting in the way.
As for the Simpleton Lineker, he has to be the most boring sounding presenter in football.
No charisma, no personality no social skills.
His voice is a complete dirge and sends me to sleep, he could lend it to the NHS to replace sleeping pills.

There is no accounting for taste, money for old rope.
But they can say what they like, because Fulham had the last laugh and the longest laugh, the team did us proud and themselves also, and the genuine team spirit is there for all to see. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on February 24, 2024, 10:50:33 PM
Hardly surprising. Only watched to confirm what we all knew.

Motspur Park

Richards is full of sh1te. How he can differentiate and justify the decisions of Man Utd and Brighto is absolutely laughable.

Lighthouse

I think had the tackle been by a Fulham player on a United player both the referee and MOTD pundits would consider it a sending off offence. But the fact it wasn't it will be interesting next time we are involved in a similar offence.

Others have mentioned Lukic and his performance. I only have the brief highlights to go by but he looked to be having his best game today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope