watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR referee against Brighton is...

Started by SerbianLad, February 27, 2024, 10:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Lets fully concentrate on getting the ball in the Brighton net three times and if that is achieved then there will be no mention of the ref. on this board.

Bill2

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 28, 2024, 05:18:01 AMI may be alone here, but sorry....but are we honestly saying that Willian & Mitrovic didn't deserve to get sent off?

Because, Willian, as much as I hate the rule, had to be sent off according to the law. And Mitrovic - well if a player on an opposing team had acted in the manner he did to the ref, I'd have wanted them sent off. No player should be allowed to square up to an official in that way.

The resulting pile-on and lengthy ban, however, was another story and that was a joke.
It was not the Mitro William sending offs it was the abysmal way he refereed the game. Blaring errors, missing everything Man U did but picking up on everything we did. A classic example was the way Shaw pulled Mitro in the first few minutes, Blatant penalty. if it was the other way round would have been a free kick all day long. Numerous other incidents I can mention, but don't want to relive the memories.

Bill2

Quote from: Super Mick on February 28, 2024, 12:03:15 PM
Quote from: filham on February 27, 2024, 04:26:17 PMTell me do the VAR people have to invite the ref to look at their screen to make the final decision or do they have the power to overrule the ref.

The ref has finally say. Well he did when var told him we should have rightly had a penalty against Livarpool and for the first time ever, I believe, the ref stuck with his decision of no penalty!
Interesting thing about this subject is VAR said to upgrade Jimenez's yellow against Newcastle to a red. When Martinelli (Arsenal) did exactly the same thing the next day v Brighton not even a card, no VAR intervention then.

Super Mick

Quote from: Bill2 on February 28, 2024, 04:10:12 PM
Quote from: Super Mick on February 28, 2024, 12:03:15 PM
Quote from: filham on February 27, 2024, 04:26:17 PMTell me do the VAR people have to invite the ref to look at their screen to make the final decision or do they have the power to overrule the ref.

The ref has finally say. Well he did when var told him we should have rightly had a penalty against Livarpool and for the first time ever, I believe, the ref stuck with his decision of no penalty!
Interesting thing about this subject is VAR said to upgrade Jimenez's yellow against Newcastle to a red. When Martinelli (Arsenal) did exactly the same thing the next day v Brighton not even a card, no VAR intervention then.

Robertson did the same against Brentford and nothing given! https://www.skysports.com/football/video/33727/13075594/ref-watch-andy-robertson-lucky-to-escape-giving-away-penalty-against-brentford

davew

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2024, 12:19:07 PMLets fully concentrate on getting the ball in the Brighton net three times and if that is achieved then there will be no mention of the ref. on this board.
Unless they are all ruled out by VAR!!  ::cry::
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Super Mick

Quote from: davew on February 28, 2024, 04:56:20 PM
Quote from: filham on February 28, 2024, 12:19:07 PMLets fully concentrate on getting the ball in the Brighton net three times and if that is achieved then there will be no mention of the ref. on this board.
Unless they are all ruled out by VAR!!  ::cry::
. Kavannagh VAR lines for offside goal calls in Brightons favour / \

SerbianLad

Did anyone watch Forest-United game? I didn't and I see a lot of Forest fans are complaining about a potential offside goal Kavanagh allowed. Was it a fair decision or did Kavanagh make yet another mistake?

btffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 28, 2024, 10:02:44 PMDid anyone watch Forest-United game? I didn't and I see a lot of Forest fans are complaining about a potential offside goal Kavanagh allowed. Was it a fair decision or did Kavanagh make yet another mistake?

Was definitely a goal. It was another of those offside interference goals like in Chelsea-Liverpool but the defender being interfered with was two defenders behind Casemiro on a near post header so it had zero impact on the play.

Worse than that was after that a Forest player had his hand around Bruno's neck and VAR cleared it. Should have been an easy red.

SerbianLad

Quote from: btffc on February 28, 2024, 10:14:49 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on February 28, 2024, 10:02:44 PMDid anyone watch Forest-United game? I didn't and I see a lot of Forest fans are complaining about a potential offside goal Kavanagh allowed. Was it a fair decision or did Kavanagh make yet another mistake?

Was definitely a goal. It was another of those offside interference goals like in Chelsea-Liverpool but the defender being interfered with was two defenders behind Casemiro on a near post header so it had zero impact on the play.

Worse than that was after that a Forest player had his hand around Bruno's neck and VAR cleared it. Should have been an easy red.
Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the second incident you mention, maybe Kavanagh is just completely incompetent. Or maybe he's affraid to make a big decision against the home team (like against us at Old Trafford or now against Forest).

Piss poor referee either way and he has no bussines refereeing games at the highest level.