watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR referee against Brighton is...

Started by SerbianLad, February 27, 2024, 10:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Chris Kavanagh! You can't make this up. I hoped I'd never see that clown anywhere near our games.

ffcthereligion

We've been waiting for this day, will never forgive never forget!

SP

After Klopp roughed him up where else would they send him............

ffcne

Wont be visible unfortunaetly.
Cant wait until he turns up at Craven Cottage one day.
Fraud from Manchester

btffc

Is the VAR ref actually at the stadium or do they do it from PGMOL headquarters?

I also don't really like that refs alternate between being on the pitch and doing VAR. There should be permanent VAR officials and they should be permanently assigned to the referees so they can develop a proper working relationship.

Super Mick

If decisions like the Maguire one go to var, we're down to 10 men!

Nick Bateman

Brighton are very favoured and media darlings on Talksport.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

Tell me do the VAR people have to invite the ref to look at their screen to make the final decision or do they have the power to overrule the ref.

Eton White

Quote from: filham on February 27, 2024, 04:26:17 PMTell me do the VAR people have to invite the ref to look at their screen to make the final decision or do they have the power to overrule the ref.

My understanding is that the VAR officials invite the ref to look at the screen, but the final decision is always with the ref.

However I suspect more often than not, the ref then changes his mind to go along with what VAR have recommended. After all, VAR shouldn't even be getting involved unless it's a  "clear and obvious" error.

btffc

Quote from: filham on February 27, 2024, 04:26:17 PMTell me do the VAR people have to invite the ref to look at their screen to make the final decision or do they have the power to overrule the ref.

VAR only has the power to overrule directly for offsides. Anything else requires the referee to go to the monitor.

SerbianLad

As far as I'm aware, the VAR has no actual power. The on field referee is the one who makes final decisions. They can change their initial decision after consulting with VAR even without looking at the screen or stick with their decision without looking at the screen (although I believe PGMOL advised against this two situations).

The Enclosurite

He will hear the crowd no doubt if he's watching the game.  Lets make our feelings known we haven't forgiven him.

::scarf::
¡COYW!

Jamie88

I may be alone here, but sorry....but are we honestly saying that Willian & Mitrovic didn't deserve to get sent off?

Because, Willian, as much as I hate the rule, had to be sent off according to the law. And Mitrovic - well if a player on an opposing team had acted in the manner he did to the ref, I'd have wanted them sent off. No player should be allowed to square up to an official in that way.

The resulting pile-on and lengthy ban, however, was another story and that was a joke.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 28, 2024, 05:18:01 AMI may be alone here, but sorry....but are we honestly saying that Willian & Mitrovic didn't deserve to get sent off?

Because, Willian, as much as I hate the rule, had to be sent off according to the law. And Mitrovic - well if a player on an opposing team had acted in the manner he did to the ref, I'd have wanted them sent off. No player should be allowed to square up to an official in that way.

The resulting pile-on and lengthy ban, however, was another story and that was a joke.
Nobody had a problem with that decision from what I recall. Although I still think, like I did at the time as well, that Mitro incident was blown out of proportion. What happened after he was shown a red deserved a red, but before that, that "push" wasn't a push, but rather, for a lack of a better word, a "touch".

The problem with Kavanagh performance was everything he did prior to that. He missed 2-3 penalty calls, including one that was crystal clear where one Manchester United player (I think it was Maguire), pushed Mitro with both hands with pretty much full force after Mitro jumped to head the ball after a corner. I also seem to remember some dangerous tackles that went unpunished as well. He had one of the worst, if not the worst, referee performances that day.

That was what caused Mitro and Marco to lose their cool, although obviously they shouldn't have.

ffcne

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 28, 2024, 06:17:02 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on February 28, 2024, 05:18:01 AMI may be alone here, but sorry....but are we honestly saying that Willian & Mitrovic didn't deserve to get sent off?

Nobody had a problem with that decision from what I recall. Although I still think, like I did at the time as well, that Mitro incident was blown out of proportion. What happened after he was shown a red deserved a red, but before that, that "push" wasn't a push, but rather, for a lack of a better word, a "touch".

The problem with Kavanagh performance was everything he did prior to that. He missed 2-3 penalty calls, including one that was crystal clear where one Manchester United player (I think it was Maguire), pushed Mitro with both hands with pretty much full force after Mitro jumped to head the ball after a corner. I also seem to remember some dangerous tackles that went unpunished as well. He had one of the worst, if not the worst, referee performances that day.

That was what caused Mitro and Marco to lose their cool, although obviously they shouldn't have.

The petulant Anthony .Kicked out at Robinson Twice in frustration.
Because Robinson had him in his pocket.
Remember Lee Dixon on commentary .Anthony should be booked.

ffcne

Another frustration for me .
After Mitro and Silva incidents.

Authorities all saying thats it .Bans for harassing the ref.
No more abuse by managers .

What changed nothing .Next few weeks several incidents.
People laying hands on refs and linesman.Managers kicking off

And what about Fernandes moving the linesman out the way with his hands .
That happened a couple of weeks before.Nothing done.   

ffcne

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 27, 2024, 04:15:08 PMBrighton are very favoured and media darlings on Talksport.

Brighton,Villa West Ham ,Brentford .
Jim White's favourites.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 28, 2024, 06:17:02 AM

Agree with this, also on another note re var, if var was not in existence at the game, Willian would not have been sent off. The Ref was biased already towards Man U and missing Willians handball  would have balanced out the bias.
Imo var is a back up for the big teams bias.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ffcne on February 28, 2024, 08:44:34 AM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 27, 2024, 04:15:08 PMBrighton are very favoured and media darlings on Talksport.

Brighton,Villa West Ham ,Brentford .
Jim White's favourites.

Jim White is an end of a bell.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Super Mick

The ref has finally say. Well he did when var told him we should have rightly had a penalty against Livarpool and for the first time ever, I believe, the ref stuck with his decision of no penalty!