watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin

Started by Zendra, February 27, 2024, 10:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zendra

One thing Chris can say to his grandchildren one day is that he had a good career . Never a world beater but  has played for  loads of different clubs including the Mighty Whites and has scored a fair few goals. Currently with Bristol Rovers where he recently won L1 Player  of the Month award .

Never the slimmest of players and because of this has a lack of speed . Got a few negative comments from FOF I remember when he was with us  but I became very fond of him when he missed that easy chance for QPR against Fulham at the end of the game at LR when we won 2-1.

Missing goals against Fulham as important as scoring them in my view.

Motspur Park

Wasn't it him that the famous phrase 'We are not a train station' from Jokanovic was about?

RaySmith

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 27, 2024, 10:18:37 PMWasn't it him that the famous phrase 'We are not a train station' from Jokanovic was about?

Yes think so - was it to do with wanting to cut short his loan, but then wanting to  return or something?

Motspur Park

Quote from: RaySmith on February 27, 2024, 10:22:36 PM
Quote from: Motspur Park on February 27, 2024, 10:18:37 PMWasn't it him that the famous phrase 'We are not a train station' from Jokanovic was about?

Yes think so - was it to do with wanting to cut short his loan, but then wanting to  return or something?
That's right. Didn't Derby change their manager and he wanted to go back?

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Eton White

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 27, 2024, 10:32:44 PM

It was all very bizarre.

Nigel Pearson was manager of Derby and didn't rate Chris Martin so put him out on loan (to us).

Derby then sacked Pearson and Steve McClaren took over. Steve McClaren and Chris Martin have a history and both wanted to reunite at Derby so Steve McClaren made lots of noises saying he wanted Martin back, all of which were turned down by Joka as he was under loan contract to us to the end of the season.

Derby then decided to extend Chris Martin's contract (at Steve McClaren's request) so that he'd return to them at the end of the season.

However, between then and the end of that season, Derby hilariously sacked Steve McClaren so Chris Martin ended up going back to a club who no longer wanted him!

I seem to remember Chris Martin refusing to play for us in protest too, which is what prompted Joka's train station comment, (though that may be just my bitter mind playing tricks!)

Anyway, I think I've got most of that right, but please feel free to correct if not!

Super Mick

Quote from: Eton White on February 27, 2024, 11:35:30 PM

It was all very bizarre.

Nigel Pearson was manager of Derby and didn't rate Chris Martin so put him out on loan (to us).

Derby then sacked Pearson and Steve McClaren took over. Steve McClaren and Chris Martin have a history and both wanted to reunite at Derby so Steve McClaren made lots of noises saying he wanted Martin back, all of which were turned down by Joka as he was under loan contract to us to the end of the season.

Derby then decided to extend Chris Martin's contract (at Steve McClaren's request) so that he'd return to them at the end of the season.

However, between then and the end of that season, Derby hilariously sacked Steve McClaren so Chris Martin ended up going back to a club who no longer wanted him!

I seem to remember Chris Martin refusing to play for us in protest too, which is what prompted Joka's train station comment, (though that may be just my bitter mind playing tricks!)

Anyway, I think I've got most of that right, but please feel free to correct if not!

He refused to play over Christmas throughout a hectic schedule.  Bloke lost all respect from me at that point.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Super Mick on February 28, 2024, 12:26:10 AM
Quote from: Eton White on February 27, 2024, 11:35:30 PM

It was all very bizarre.

He refused to play over Christmas throughout a hectic schedule.  Bloke lost all respect from me at that point.
Ditto

Ruislip White

All rings a bell now.
Awful professional. Looked unfit, was poor for us, still kept being given chances then did the above.

bencher

He was essentially replaced (not counting the Rui Fonte experiment) by the once highly popular and finally hugely unpopular Mitro. It is said that all political careers end in failure. Might that be true for Fulham strikers as well?

bencher

Quote from: Zendra on February 27, 2024, 10:09:02 PMMissing goals against Fulham as important as scoring them in my view.

This is a good point. Which other former Fulham players can be thanked for missing big chances against us?

Dodgin

Not the most popular player at the Cottage, seems to reversed that at Bristol Rovers at the moment.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/22170/chris-martin

Woolly Mammoth

He needs to spend more time practicing climbing over electric gates that have allegedly stopped working.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Sadly he proved to be a bit of a plank. Have zero time for him.

King_Crud

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 28, 2024, 10:19:23 AMHe needs to spend more time practicing climbing over electric gates that have allegedly stopped working.

that was Ross McCormack

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: King_Crud on February 28, 2024, 10:37:57 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 28, 2024, 10:19:23 AMHe needs to spend more time practicing climbing over electric gates that have allegedly stopped working.

that was Ross McCormack

Precisely you are correct, that is who i am talking about.

By the way who did you think i was talking about ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

McClaren went in and told him to come back

King_Crud

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 28, 2024, 10:57:07 AM
Quote from: King_Crud on February 28, 2024, 10:37:57 AM

that was Ross McCormack

Precisely you are correct, that is who i am talking about.

By the way who did you think i was talking about ?

Chris Martin?

filham

hris Martin had gone clean out of my Fulham memory banks, the above poste brought the whole episode flooding back. I am now trying to clear my memory of the matter again as there are a lot better things to remember.