News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talksport react to Fulham putting video of Fernandes on Tiktok (video)

Started by Nick Bateman, February 29, 2024, 04:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

The point is that players will play act and yes will try and gain an unfair advantage. But Fernandes doesn't do it occasionally but in every game. He did it last night and is a serial offender. By all means point out that Fulham players will do the same. We all know that every team has its actors. However the club may have been petty to put it on tiktok but the fact is the playacting was so bad and embarrassing that it deserved to be highlighted and the player made a fool of.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

Thx for posting.  Very interesting, if not hilarious, discussion.  Fernandes is a very good footballer, no question.  But his antics, rolling and crying on the floor are deplorable.  But truth be told, many footballers/teams do the same dang thing, all the time.  Maybe if more clubs posted these antics the players might be less likely (through embarrassment) to do such play acting.  But in my view, regardless, the play acting will continue and has become too much a part of the game, sadly.  It has always bothered me that players feign injury and one minute later are up and active in play.  Should FFC have posted this vid?  Not sure what the correct answer would be, but it also could be attributed to just having a bit of 'fun'.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

perry geyton

I like Simon Jordan one of the better pundits in the modern game

Arthur

I don't see that Manchester United or Fernandes have grounds for complaint. But this will now draw attention to us. In my opinion, Pereira, Wilson and Cairney will have to be more honest if they are not to fall foul of the same exposure. But this is no bad thing. Clubs should take responsibility for 'getting their own house in order', so to speak. And, unintentionally, our posting this clip may help us do so. However it wouldn't surprise me to see Pereira's reaction to getting a knock to the face by Van Dyk in our semi-final at Anfield surface on social media before the weekend.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Arthur on February 29, 2024, 05:44:22 PMI don't see that Manchester United or Fernandes have grounds for complaint. But this will now draw attention to us. In my opinion, Pereira, Wilson and Cairney will have to be more honest if they are not to fall foul of the same exposure. But this is no bad thing. Clubs should take responsibility for 'getting their own house in order', so to speak. And, unintentionally, our posting this clip may help us do so. However it wouldn't surprise me to see Pereira's reaction to getting a knock to the face by Van Dyk in our semi-final at Anfield surface on social media before the weekend.

Agree with this, many of our players take easy tumbles when they can and unfortunately its the way of the modern game

demeant0r

The way I see it is the club is having some banter, something that the Dutch don't seem to understand.

bill taylors apprentice

It's a bit cheeky that's all.

As long as we don't get self righteousness when one of ours gets scrutinised. 

Sgt Fulham

Bruno Fernandes is an embarrassment to football, so deserves all the shaming he gets. Amazes me that they made a 10 minute discussion out of it, though.

Woolly Mammoth

In the Kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

Simon Jordan is spot on.

Ten Hag needs to stop embarrassing himself in the same way this Bruno  bloke should stop embarrassing himself every week.

It is a modern disease that is undermining association football which is currently saturated with corruption and bankrupt of morals.

The football establishment continue to favour the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Man City and i include Sky Sports who also favour their red  eyed boys, so eventually there will be a backlash and the peasants are starting to revolt.
You reap what you sow.

Of course if you are going to throw stones you have to make sure you do not live in a glass house.

I once threw a boomerang and i have been living in fear ever since.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: demeant0r on February 29, 2024, 06:30:08 PMThe way I see it is the club is having some banter, something that the Dutch don't seem to understand.

It appears that week after week Ten Hag once again tends to get his facts clogged up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Motspur Park

Look at it for what it is. Player cheats and is ridiculously exposed on camera and it is laughed at for what it is. Accept it and move on and hopefully lessons will be learned.

All teams over-exaggerate fouls, but few players get straight back up after making out they have had their leg broken, carry on and re-join play as if nothing had happened.

Fulham have nothing to be sorry about.

Nothing more needs saying.

Carborundum

Pretending to be hurt is an irritation in the modern game and refs get conned often.    To recalibrate the refs could do a lot worse than do what I did Saturday night, which was to watch a game of Rugby League.  Basically that sport sets the benchmark for the type of collision a professional sportsman's body can withstand and just get on with things.  Watch it live and the hits are astonishing.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 29, 2024, 07:50:56 PMOf course if you are going to throw stones you have to make sure you do not live in a glass house.

I once threw a boomerang and i have been living in fear ever since.

Good one Mammoth!

Of course the authorities may frown on clubs like Fulham highlighting opponents' shenanigans albeit in a mocking humouress way, but I'm glad Fulham exposed one of the games con-artists.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Enfield

[quote author=Arthur link=msg=1489549 date=1709228662

2.5 Hag wants an apology from FFC
For the video.
Talkshite trying to stir trouble but seem disappointed that even Mauure fans supported the video

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: demeant0r on February 29, 2024, 06:30:08 PMThe way I see it is the club is having some banter, something that the Dutch don't seem to understand.

No.

It's something that one under pressure manager didn't understand and has now made a massive mountain out of what was a mole hill and has now heaped more pressure on him and his cheating captain.

Nothing to do with nationalities.

Roberty

Since every minute of every PL game is recorded and available to the club perhaps all clubs should produce these vignettes.

Getting a yellow card for simulation has not stopped play acting, maybe the risk of being made a fool of on the internet will have more success ?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

perry geyton

There's just something about Fernandes, he just comes across as a horrible little Runt

fancyfeet4

The overreaction to a fairly innocuous post has been quite funny. The fact that ten Hag commented on it, is quite telling that it struck a nerve. 

Maybe its because I am American and almost all social from teams/clubs here is banter and there is a give and take that comes with it. People need to take a second, have a breath, and move on with their day.  This is just some fun Fulham was having and we should expect a Peirera clip coming shortly from another club.  Its all in fun.