News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now we are ‘safe’ what are we going to do with Tosin?

Started by Jeroen, March 02, 2024, 09:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

Now we are almost safe or at least virtually - what are we going to do with Tosin?

Assuming he won't sign a new contract (there is always hope) do we continue to play him and get as high as possible or.... Do we drop him and start working on the 2024/2025 partnership and play them together?

TheLegendMcbride

Really hope he does sign, is he likely to be a starter in a premier league team in top 6? No

Maybe he fancies a challenge abroad?

Surely starting week in week out in the best league in the world must be worth something to i him? A good age too - he and Bassey could be a pair for many years to come.

btffc

Well he's definitely not signing if we drop him. Plus we can still fight for top half and even Europe

FFC007

Quote from: Jeroen on March 02, 2024, 09:36:06 PMNow we are almost safe or at least virtually - what are we going to do with Tosin?

Assuming he won't sign a new contract (there is always hope) do we continue to play him and get as high as possible or.... Do we drop him and start working on the 2024/2025 partnership and play them together?

Absolutely keep him playing. He may decide to stay?

Also, the difference in prize money between places is £2.2m per spot so climbing as high as possible is a no brainer. The extra cash is desirable.

perry geyton

He needs to stay

I can't imagine why he wouldn't be happy unless he desires living in Europe somewhere and learning another culture, if that's the case then I understand

WolverineFFC

You need to keep playing him. Besides, if he leaves RCB is possibly the top priority this offseason anyway. I don't think working on a Diop-Bassey partnership is time well spent.

Financially I think the club need to make Tosin one of the top earners at the club if they can. It will cost them more to replace him than to pay top salary. Plus his partnership with Bassey has the potential to be one of the best in the league over the next 2 to 3 yrs.

Thailand Mick

Now I don't know what's been said between Tosin and the club but this situation of being in limbo is no good for future planning. If Tosin is leaving we need to get Diop in the team to see if he can form a strong partnership with Bassey, if it works out then we can target an up and coming rcb but if they struggle as a pairing we will need to buy a top quality replacement. It's true that every place higher we finish will give us more bargaining power but I don't believe that there would be a big drop off with Diop in the team. I would imagine he's not too happy sitting on the bench if the player in front of him is leaving.

wback

I think he will go abroad, perhaps to Milan, where he could play alongside Tomori. Otherwise Spurs or West Ham would pay him more and be a step up in terms of club size.

Our chance of keeping him is largely reliant on none of those options panning out.

bill taylors apprentice

Play your best 11 and keep playing him if his performances warrant it.

I'm convinced he wants to leave for a club that will bring him the recognition that will get him in the England team and that means CL football.

cookieg

Play him as much as we need to. Tosin and Bassey look good together but hopefully the club are looking for a replacement for Tosin and will spend to get in who we need.

WokingFFC

IMO, play him every game - always field your best players / team.

As for assuming he won't sign a new contract, why not assume he has already agreed in principal and his team are working behind the scenes to make sure he will remain a Fulham player for years to come?

None of us know what is exactly happening, so why not be optimistic rather than pessimistic?

filham

In my book we stil need a couple more wins before we hit that 40 point target and are virtually clear of relegation. Until then we stick with Bassy and Tosin as our first choice centre backs. When we are safe , we need to think of next season and if Tosin is not signing a new contract game time should be given to the possible partnership of Diop and Bassy.

gang

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on March 03, 2024, 01:31:28 PMIn my book we stil need a couple more wins before we hit that 40 point target and are virtually clear of relegation. Until then we stick with Bassy and Tosin as our first choice centre backs. When we are safe , we need to think of next season and if Tosin is not signing a new contract game time should be given to the possible partnership of Diop and Bassy.

The team in 18th are 15 points behind us and have 12 games to play. They're currently averaging 0.76 points per game and to overtake us would essentially have to double their points tally in less than half the games they've currently played. Im not saying it's impossible for us to go down from here but the chances of it happen are so far removed from reality at this point. Also 40 points is a thoroughly misleading number for a survival target, as many people have said to you on here before

copthornemike

Another way at looking at the issue.
Each additional higher spot we occupy in the EPL at the end of the season is approximately £2 million.
The way they are currently playing as a CB pair Tosin & Bassey could gain us maybe an additional 3 higher places, approx £6 million to justify an incentive to Tosin.
 An European spot? Even better although maybe a poisoned chalice with our ageing squad. Certainly it is playing its part with Brighton currently and in the not so recent past Burnley.
If he wants and has the self confidence to play abroad in a CL side - well good luck to him.
He has not chucked his toys out of a pram to force a move (unlike someone else earlier in the season), fully served his contract and performed at a high level this season.
If we start next season with Bassey, Ream & Diop not the worst set of CBs. But we will require another if Tosin leaves.
Hopefully we can convince him otherwise, probably due to Silva's influence.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 03, 2024, 02:04:24 PM
Quote from: filham on March 03, 2024, 01:31:28 PMIn my book we stil need a couple more wins before we hit that 40 point target and are virtually clear of relegation. Until then we stick with Bassy and Tosin as our first choice centre backs. When we are safe , we need to think of next season and if Tosin is not signing a new contract game time should be given to the possible partnership of Diop and Bassy.

The team in 18th are 15 points behind us and have 12 games to play. They're currently averaging 0.76 points per game and to overtake us would essentially have to double their points tally in less than half the games they've currently played. Im not saying it's impossible for us to go down from here but the chances of it happen are so far removed from reality at this point. Also 40 points is a thoroughly misleading number for a survival target, as many people have said to you on here before

:lol:

Poor old Filham won't have it no matter how many people tell him even though it has hardly ever been forty points required to stay up.

WindyCity

Obviously things look good for "safety", but until the maths prove it, I won't jump the gun.  That's just the kind of hairpin I am.

Regarding Adarabioyo, I've been of the opinion for a long time, even back last year, that FFC should try their very best to keep this player.  Not sure what is gonna make him happy, he's on a team that looks to be mid table in the toughest league in world football, with (remote) chances even for European play.  From what I understand, he does have a very high opinion of himself, as recounted by Tim Ream.  The Bassey/Adarabioyo combination looks like it could be one of the best in EPL.  He jumps ship to one of the so-called big clubs, he might not even find himself first choice.  Anyway, I hope FFC and Adarabioyo can come to terms.

S.F.Sorrow

I hope he will sign a new contract but it's not the end of the world if he decides to move on. If the club is willing (and able) to spend some money on a new CB we can surely find someone as good, or better. Tosin is a good CB but he is not irreplaceable.

As for our CB partnership for next season... That could easily end up being Bassey + a new signing. It's far to soon to speculate over this. As long as Tosin is a Fulham player, and Silva thinks he's our best option at RCB, he should play IMO. Losing games will have an impact on ALL our players. We should always play our strongest team!

Somerset Fulham

I think we have to accept that as things stand Tosin is off, and really if he heads off to Milan for CL football then we can't really complain.

The handy thing is that even though he will most likely leave on a free, he is replaceable.

The Rational Fan

We should play Diop/Bassey around seven games this season, but I think we should wait until the results of Luton vs Forest, Fulham vs Sheffield and Fulham vs Forest games, which are all completed before the 4th April.

If Tosin won't resign when we have seven games left at 14 or more points ahead of the relegation zone, then he never will.