watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (24.01.11)

Started by White Noise, January 24, 2011, 06:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/cottagers-ace-fit-and-firing-for-goals-1154664.html?

Cottagers ace fit and firing for goals

Andy Johnson is looking for a run in the Fulham side after admitting he might have returned too soon in October following knee surgery.

The 29-year-old former Everton hitman had endured a nine-month spell on the sidelines due to a knee injury, while his attempted comeback late last year was stalled by a hamstring problem he picked up over the festive period.

However Johnson's first start of 2011 saw him put in an impressive display as he set up Clint Dempsey's opening goal and gave Stoke's defenders a torrid time in the Cottagers 2-0 home win on Saturday.

Following his performance, Johnson did admit he might have tried to return too quickly from his injury, but is now aiming to stay fit until the end of the campaign.

He said: "Maybe, yeah. You just don't know. When your body feels right, there's no point waiting an extra two or three weeks. You might as well just join in.

"That's how I felt. My knee felt really good. I came back from my knee injury probably three, four, five weeks quicker than everyone expected and, yeah, you always get those little niggles, hamstring niggles, thigh, quad, stuff like that."

He added: "It's slowly started to come. I got a goal last week [against Wigan], which was obviously a big monkey off my back.

"My touch is getting better, my runs are getting better, started to feel sharper game by game and I can just continue doing that."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/HughesonSidwellDebut.aspx?

Sidwell's Start

Steve Sidwell made an impressive start to his Fulham career on Saturday, coming on as a second-half substitute for Dickson Etuhu. The Whites' most recent signing slotted in well alongside Danny Murphy as Fulham completed a league double over Stoke City courtesy of a 2-0 victory at the Cottage.

Speaking after the match, Fulham Manager Mark Hughes was pleased to see Sidwell putting in a promising display on his debut.

"He was able to have a nice, easy introduction against Stoke and acquitted himself really well," Hughes told fulhamfc.com. "He's going to be really important for us from now until the end of the season.

"He's very keen to get his career back on track, so we're pleased he's here. With the doubt over Dickson for Wednesday we're going to need him.

"He's always had the ability to get box to box - he's always had the energy to do that. Obviously he was hampered by injuries once he left Reading, and at Chelsea the opportunity to get on the field of play was a bit more difficult. But he wants get back playing; we know that we've got a good player. There were a lot of clubs in for him and that's because people understand what he can offer.

"What he needs is consistent football and the feeling that he's part of what the main team is doing. Maybe in the last two or three years he hasn't had that feeling.

"We've got a platform here that gives players an opportunity to get their career back on track because they're closer to the First Team. They've obviously got to perform and play well, if they don't then it's the status quo and they'll struggle with their career. But if they come here and work hard, there's a great platform for any player who wants to come and enjoy their football."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/HughesonSidwellDebut.aspx?#ixzz1BxGeoKjV

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/AJStokeReaction.aspx

Top Form

Fulham recorded their fourth victory in six games with a convincing two-nil win over Stoke City at the Cottage on Saturday and striker Andrew Johnson praised his Team's impressive start to 2011 ahead of Wednesday night's match against Liverpool at Anfield.

"It was a great result against Stoke," Johnson told fulhamfc.com. "In the last two or three weeks it's been coming together and we're looking good.

"It was always going to be a hard, physical game against Stoke but you've got to roll your sleeves up and I think our football shone through on Saturday.

"Three points in the Premier League is satisfying no matter who it is against. It's such a tight League and we're delighted to have taken seven points from three games."

After netting his first goal of the season against Wigan Athletic the previous weekend, Johnson put in another fine shift against Stoke on Saturday and the striker is clearly now feeling close to his best again.

"That was probably one of my better performances on Saturday and I'm pretty much fully fit now," Johnson explained.

"It takes a bit of time after being out for 14-15 months. It slowly started to come back and getting the goal against Wigan was like getting a monkey off my back.

"I've had a few niggles here and there as I've been coming back but I think I'm injury free now and clear to get a good run of games. My touch is getting better and my runs are getting better and I'm feeling sharper game by game. I've just got to continue doing that.

"I think going onto the pitch worrying about my knee or anything went four or five weeks ago when I first came back. I don't think about my knee at all when I'm out on the pitch."

Mark Hughes' side are back in action on Wednesday night at Anfield before Sunday's FA Cup clash against Spurs at the Cottage and Johnson and company are evidently full of confidence ahead of two massive games this week.

"It's a big game on Wednesday night against Liverpool at Anfield," said Johnson. "We'll be looking to build on what we achieved on Saturday against Stoke - it's time to kick on now."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/AJStokeReaction.aspx#ixzz1BxGvvbc2

WhiteJC

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/24/taylor-misses-fulham-but-hope-over-carroll-72703-28043689/?

Taylor misses Fulham but hope over Carroll

STEVEN TAYLOR has already been ruled out of Newcastle United's clash with Fulham on February 2.

However, Alan Pardew has not discounted Andy Carroll for the trip to Craven Cottage – despite national reports this morning claiming he will be out until April with a torn thigh.

Pardew took his squad to Faro for a mid-season break yesterday morning, with Carroll on board the flight.

When asked about Carroll's fitness, Pardew told the Chronicle: "Andy Carroll will be the closest.

"We'll take him on the training camp to Portugal, and hopefully, he'll be in with a chance for Fulham."

But he was less optimistic on centre-back Taylor. He said: "No chance on Steven Taylor for Fulham, and Tiote's still suspended.

"He'll (Taylor) be ready for Arsenal, when I think Andy will play.

"It's just a case of whether Andy makes Fulham."

Hamstring victim Taylor has been out of action since the 5-0 pasting of West Ham earlier this month and has missed the last two Premier League games.

And fears that Danny Guthrie has joined the long injury list have been allayed with the midfielder's withdrawal on Saturday described as "cramp" by Pardew. In praise of his performance, the United boss said: "He gave everything.

"He was up against world-class players, and did a great job."

"I think he's just got cramp."

Dan Gosling could be set for more time out after his swelling on his knee after is two reserve appearances.

The trip to Portugal will give Pardew's squad the chance to recharge their batteries after they got through January's Premier League programme unbeaten.

"It's just to get a training ground, said Pardew. "We've got no undersoil heating."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/24/taylor-misses-fulham-but-hope-over-carroll-72703-28043689/?#ixzz1BxHK76mD

WhiteJC

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-features/traps-eye-the-irish-abroad-5-008991-1?

Trap's Eye: The Irish Abroad

Trap's too lazy to do it, so leave it to JOE to look back on the performances of the established and potential members of the Ireland squad this weekend.

By Conor Heneghan

Premier League

Damien Duff

'Duff man' has been conspicuous by his absence so far in this column, but on Saturday against Stoke he played his third 90 minutes in succession as the Cottagers continued a good run that has seen them pick up seven points from a possible nine and move up to the relative security of 14th place in the Premier League.

Duffer was never renowned for his shooting ability, but to quote an overused football cliché, the crossbar is still shaking at Craven Cottage after Duff's first half rasper was tipped onto the woodwork by Asmir Begovic. Duff was involved in a lot of things that Mark Hughes' side did well and all in all it was a return to form for the 31-year old whose career was perilously close to stagnating.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/BestPracticeShowcase.aspx?

Best Practice Showcase

Fulham FC Foundation's Sports Development Team recently completed a further development workshop to more than 30 of its sessional workforce to broaden their knowledge of effective delivery of holiday courses for young children across Surrey and Kingston.

The holiday course for the youngest age group, three to five-year-olds, is Billy's Beginners, a two hour session of football exercises and games, and the Team invited 20 five-year-olds from Meath Green Infant School in Horley to the training ground, to give a best practice showcase.

Jez Weeks, who demonstrated one of the three sessions for the observing coaches, explained, "This is a great opportunity to showcase some of the latest best practice methods to our developing sessional workers."

Foundation coaches now have fresh ideas to bring to their football courses and will continue to deliver the highest quality introduction to football for any young person who is interested in the sport.

The next Holiday Courses, for those aged three – 14, will be run at various venues during the February half-term. Visit the Holiday Courses section for more information.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/BestPracticeShowcase.aspx?#ixzz1BxZ4EAll

WhiteJC

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/870225/shaun-wright-phillips-can-go-for-free?&cc=5739

Wright-Phillips can go for free

Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, who cost a staggering £30 million in his last two transfers, has been told he can leave for nothing as the big spending Eastlands club want him off their wage bill and cannot find a club willing to pay a fee and take on the player's salary, according to ESPNsoccernet sources.

One of the many clubs chasing the former Chelsea player, who has been valued at around £4 million, told ESPNsoccernet: "Manchester City are no longer looking for a fee. They want to get the player off the wage bill.

"If he was on £30,000-a-week he would be worth £6-8 million - but on £65,000-a-week he has no value unless a really top club wants him."

Fulham boss Mark Hughes, who signed the England international from Chelsea for £9 million in 2008, is reportedly keen to work with the winger again and has jumped to the front of the queue.

City are believed to be holding out for a permanent transfer and will not sanction any loan deal, but Hughes faces competition to sign him as Wright-Phillips' agent claims that the midfielder is already considering 'five offers'.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/01/24/zoltan-gera-set-for-fulham-exit-82029-28044682/?

Zoltan Gera set for Fulham exit

ZOLTAN Gera could leave Fulham in the next few days, according to his agent.

The Hungarian admitted last week that he would be willing to leave Craven Cottage this month if the club accepts a bid for him.

However, boss Mark Hughes told the Chronicle on Friday that he was keen to keep the 31-year-old in SW6.

But Gera's agent, Vladan Filipovic, is hoping to wrap up a deal for the player in the next 72 hours, with Greek giants Panathinaikos among those interested.

He said: "I talk with Zolly every day, who is frustrated, because he plays less.

"I hope his future will be sorted in a few days, and he changes club.

"I negotiated about him with Fulham's directors, because there are clubs which would pay for him."

Hughes had hoped Gera would reach a certain number of appearances that would trigger a clause in his contract to extend his stay at the club.

But Filipovic insists Fulham must cash in this month or risk losing the player for nothing when his deal expires in the summer.

He added: "I don't think the option in his contract will trigger.

"If the club wants to get money for him they need to sell him in January,"

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/01/24/zoltan-gera-set-for-fulham-exit-82029-28044682/?#ixzz1BxZloCkb

WhiteJC

http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/01/football-news/premier-league-preview-liverpool-v-fulham?

PREMIER LEAGUE PREVIEW: LIVERPOOL V FULHAM

Liverpool will be hoping the return of captain Steven Gerrard can inspire them to victory against Fulham on Wednesday.

Gerrard will come straight back into the Liverpool first team for Wednesday's Premier League encounter at Anfield after serving a three-game suspension for his straight red card against Manchester United in the FA Cup.

The Reds enter the match against Mark Hughes' side on a high after a resounding 3-0 win at Wolves on Saturday, which snapped a four-game winless run and moved them up to 11th on the Premier League table.

And manager Kenny Dalglish believes Gerrard's return could inspire the Reds to another surge up the table.

"Your captain being available after missing three games will be a fantastic lift for everybody," Dalglish said.

"We had a great result and performance at Molineux on Saturday and we've got a very difficult game coming up against Fulham on Wednesday, so for us to have Steven back on the back of the performance and result we got at the weekend is a great boost for everybody."

Liverpool's form this season has been patchy at best, with encouraging wins too often followed by disappointing losses against lower-ranked sides.

A leaky defence will be a major concern for Dalglish, with Liverpool keeping just seven clean sheets in 23 league matches this season.

On the other hand, they come up against one of the worst attacks in the Premier League on Wednesday, with only four sides having scored less goals than Mark Hughes' men this season.

With Bobby Zamora out with a broken leg, much of the goal-scoring responsibility has fallen to American midfielder Clint Dempsey, who has eight goals for the season, including a double in Saturday's 2-0 victory over Stoke.

Worryingly for Hughes, none of his recognised strikers have scored more than two goals for the campaign.

Wednesday's match will be the first time the two sides have met this season, with the corresponding fixture lat year ending in a 0-0 draw.

WhiteJC

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2011/01/last-on-motd-ful-2-0-sto.html?

Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

Last on MOTD - FUL 2 - 0 STO

Took a friend to his first ever Premier League match this weekend and with two goals, one penalty, a red card and the ball crashing against a post and a crossbar and plenty of humourous chants - it seemed a pretty good introduction. As it was for new signing Steven Sidwell - who was given 25 minutes against a dispirited 10-man team already two down.

Stoke were a very disappointing side. Other than Jones making a bit of a nuisance of himself in the first 15 minutes (and a set piece header from Shawcross that skipped merrily wide) Stoke had nothing. They were creatively bankrupt and even having Tuncay up front failed to rectify the matter. In fact when the Turk came off for the newly loaned Carew (so newly loaned that he didn't make the programme) it was more of a act of kindness. The two forwards will likely start in each other's places for the next game, not that Carew did anything outstanding.

Once Aaron Hughes had regained his composure against Stoke's big men, they rarely threatened unless set up by wayward defensive headers, and it was Fulham's small men that did most of the damage - Duff and Johnson were very impressive with their movement, ably assisted by the showing of Dempsey and Dembele drifting around the pitch. Murphy once again pulled the strings, but Duff was the standout player, giving a torrid time to Stoke's makeshift left back.

The second half was made far easier by an early goal (and a red card). Dempsey, despite my continual criticisms of his first touch, wondrously pulled a pass out of the air to slip between the Stoke centre halves to go through on goal when Shawcross showed his appreciation of Rugby by completely hauling him down inside the penalty area. Pulis ridiculously suggested that Dempsey was already on the way down (not that he hasn't got previous) but it was as simple a decision as it was possible to make - even Stuart Atwell got it right.

Stoke's defenders were the most 'grabby' I've seen of a team in many, many months, but at least those sort of fouls aren't dangerous.

Once Demps had converted, that was about it. Stoke become a slight parody of themselves by throwing on a few more giants and taking off the small quick wingers and just launched the ball in the air. Expect Treebeard to sign for the Potters any day now. However they do need something extra if this is an example of a typical game for them. At 33/1 I see enough value in a small tinkle on them to get relegated so poorly did they play. Or maybe it was Fulham playing so well that made them appear so ordinary? With a handful of tricky matches ahead of them, Fulham will definitely be hoping that's the case.

WhiteJC

http://www.101greatgoals.com/will-kenny-dalglish's-liverpool-revolution-continue-at-home-to-fulham/81024/?

Will Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool revolution continue at home to Fulham?

Liverpool v Fulham, Premier League, January 26, 2011

Liverpool 1.621; Draw 4.040; Fulham 6.430

Bet on the Premier League with Pinnacle Sports.

With their tails up after a fine result and performance at Wolves on Saturday, Liverpool are favourites to see off Fulham on Wednesday night. But the Cottagers are on their best run so far under Mark Hughes and will be a tough nut to crack for the Merseyside giants, even with Steven Gerrard back from suspension.

It was not only the 3-0 win at Molineux that had Liverpool fans purring again, it was the manner of victory over Wolves. The third goal, a true example of "pass, pass, move" was the icing on the cake in a match where Fernando Torres claimed two goals and Raul Meireles showed he can hack it in the Premier League.

The fact Kenny Dalglish oversaw the win, the first victory in four attempts since his return as manager, has only heightened the mood. And with Captain Fantastic Steven Gerrard back to play under King Kenny following his suspension for a poor tackle in the FA Cup defeat at Manchester United, Anfield is likely to be rocking in anticipation of two of their favourite sons taking on Fulham.

This match was one of those called off in December and there will also likely be an interested observer in Roy Hodgson, who spent the last 12 months with these two teams. Whilst the current Liverpool were undoubtedly shaped by Rafa Benitez, Woy oversaw a disappointing spell at Anfield and there is no hiding from the fact that Liverpool could still implode at any moment. After all, a Fulham win would take them level on points with Liverpool.

The defeat at United, Blackpool and draw at home to Everton shows Dalglish does not have a magic wand. And there are still plenty of question marks over the defence, the lack of squad depth and the form of Fernando Torres. Fulham, who have won four of their last six games, will come organised and eager to perform in what is a big week for the club as they play Spurs in one of the glamour FA Cup ties of next weekend.

Key to Fulham's renaissance in recent weeks, following suggestions that Mark Hughes was in trouble in December, has been the form of Clint Dempsey, two goal hero against Stoke on Saturday and the return to fitness of Andy Johnson. Much of the same spine remains that Hodgson put in place and Danny Murphy should be awarded a warm welcome at Anfield.

Alongside Murphy, Steve Sidwell looks set to start with Dickson Etuhu likely to miss out due to injury. Moussa Dembele is another player who has also returned to fitness and in his few outings so far the Belgium forward has impressed.

Despite the fact this match will take place at the same time as the second Carling Cup semi-final, there is a lot to look forward to at Anfield. The atmosphere seems likely to be ratcheted up a notch for a King Kenny home game with Stevie G lining up in midfield. Throw in Mark Hughes' Manchester United connections and the positivity now infusing Anfield and both teams will have a go.

Liverpool will likely win, but it will be close.

101gg predicts: Liverpool 2 – Fulham 1

WhiteJC

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-target-10-5m-italian-paul-konchesky-repl?

Liverpool target €10.5m Italian Paul Konchesky replacement - set for summer move

Liverpool defender target Davide Santon is being linked with a summer exit from Inter Milan.

The Italian international is thought to be on the radar of a number of Barclays Premier League clubs, with Liverpool chief Kenny Dalglish one of those taking a keen interest in the player.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Spurs have also been linked with the player, dubbed the 'next Paolo Maldini', and the player's agent confirmed that whilst a move is unlikely this month, it could be a different story in the summer.

"I think it is really difficult for the player to move during the January transfer window particularly with the new coach (Leonardo) joining Inter," Renzo Contratto told Sport.co.uk.

"It is difficult now but in the summer a move is a possibility."

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9370034.stm?

BBC: Liverpool v Fulham

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Anfield Date: Wednesday, 27 January Kick-off: 2000 GMT
Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

TEAM NEWS
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard returns after serving a three-match suspension and is likely to take the place of Christian Poulsen.
Jamie Carragher remains on the sidelines with a shoulder injury.

Fulham will check on the fitness of Dickson Etuhu and Aaron Hughes, who both suffered hamstring injuries on Saturday.
Steve Sidwell is on standby to make his full debut for the club if Etuhu fails to recover in time.
Liverpool
Injured: Carragher (shoulder)

Fulham
Doubtful: Etuhu & Hughes (both hamstring)
Injured/unavailable: Briggs (calf), Schwarzer (international duty), Senderos (Achilles), Zamora (broken leg)

MATCH PREVIEW
These sides were due to meet just before Christmas and then Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson must have looked forward to the visit of his former club, as it would probably have been the only time he would have heard his name sung in a positive manner at Anfield - albeit from the away end.

His name is now but a bitter memory for Liverpool fans whose new saviour, 'King' Kenny Dalglish, showed signs on Saturday that he might be able to get the best out of an underperforming squad and help turn around one of the most disastrous seasons in the club's illustrious history.

Their display in the 3-0 win at Wolves was far from perfect, but the players showed a commitment, hunger and bite that has so often been absent this season. Even Fernando Torres rose from the doldrums to score twice in a performance that dampened rumours that he wants to leave.

Fulham's record at Anfield is derisory - not a single win in 29 visits and some fearful beatings along the way, including the infamous club record 10-0 thrashing 25 years ago.

But when the Cottagers were under the stewardship of Hodgson, and playing a brand of football that the Reds' faithful would go on to quickly despise, they eked out two successive 0-0 draws at Anfield. Manager Mark Hughes will be desperate for his side to go one better and finally end their Merseyside hoodoo, and they are well placed to do so given a recent run of form that has seen them win three of their last five league games.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
• Four of the nine Premier League games at Anfield between these sides have ended as goalless draws, including the last two.
• Liverpool have kept six clean sheets in their last eight meetings with Fulham.
• Fulham have yet to beat Liverpool at Anfield in 29 attempts.
• This will be the 60th time Fulham and Liverpool have met. Liverpool lead by 33 wins to 10, with 16 draws.

Liverpool
• Liverpool have conceded 31 goals in the league so far - they conceded a total of 35 goals in the whole of last season.
• This is the first time since the 1992-93 season that they have a negative goal difference after 23 league matches.

Fulham
• Goalkeeper David Stockdale is proving to be a lucky omen for Mark Hughes's men - they have not lost in any of his eight appearances this season.
• Fulham have not won any on their previous 18 Premier League visits to Merseyside to play either Everton or Liverpool.
• There have been a total of 20 goals scored in the club's 11 matches away from home this season, which is fewer than in any other club's away games.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Liverpool
Torres: 9 goals (9 league); Gerrard: 8 goals (4 league), Ngog: 8 goals (2 league)

Fulham
Dempsey: 9 goals (8 league); Kamara: 5 goals (2 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
Referee: Lee Probert
Assistant referees: Ron Ganfield & Mick McDonough
Fourth official: Kevin Friend

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
Liverpool (W3-0 v Wolves, a): Reina; Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Kuyt, Lucas, Poulsen (Shelvey 73), Meireles, Maxi (Aurelio 81), Torres. Subs not used: Gulacsi, Cole, Pacheco, Kyrgiakos, Spearing.

Fulham (W2-0 v Stoke, h): Stockdale; Pantsil, Hangeland, Hughes (Halliche 75), Baird, Dempsey, Murphy, Etuhu (Sidwell 62), Duff, A Johnson, Dembele (Gera 75). Subs not used: Etheridge, Salcido, Kamara, Davies.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229433

Fulham - Sidwell`s Debut!
Saturday saw Steve Sidwell make his Fulham debut.

Having recently joined, Sidwell came on as a second half substitute and with the game very much wrapped up, against Stoke, enjoyed a winning start to his Fulham career.

Afterwards, Mark Hughes laid to rest a few myths by explaining why Sidwell came to our part of London and what he can bring the club, commenting,

"He wanted to move back to this part of the world. He`s very keen to get his career back on track on track. We`re pleased he`s here."

"With a doubt over Dickson (Etuhu) we may need him. He was able to have a nice easy introduction today. He`s always had the energy to get from box to box. He`s been hampered by injuries since he left Reading."

"Obviously he was at Chelsea when the opportunity to play was more difficult. We know we`ve got a good player."

"There were a lot of clubs in for him because they understand what he can off. What he needs is consistent football."

It remains to be seen though whether he gets that at Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229433#ixzz1ByXqfZdq

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229434

Fulham - Johnson`s Back!
Slowly but surely Andrew Johnson is getting to look like the Andrew Johnson we knew before he got struck by a plethora of injuries.

His play on Saturday, in the 2-0 win over Stoke City, saw the striker provide the following quotes to the media,

"That`s probably one of my better performances. It takes a bit of time after being out for 14-15 months in total."

"I got a goal last week, which was obviously a big monkey off my back and I started to play a bit better football today."

"I don`t go out on the pitch thinking about my knee injury at all now. It`s always going to be hard against Stoke - they`re a big physical team every player`s over six feet two inches"

Hopefully AJ will now become, again, a permanent fixture in the starting eleven.

But, having gone through the injury mill, he was quick to mention his normal strike partner, Bobby Zamora who has been through the same injury hell, explaining,

"Bobby helped me when I was injured - he was sending me texts all the time and I`ve done the same for him."

"We`re close mates on and off the field."

"I think he`s come through the most difficult part and he`s now back to taking the Mickey. He`s kept the boys going through that tough period."

Comradeship to be admired!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229434#ixzz1ByY2Hcut

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229436

Fulham - Demspey Repays Faith!
The fact that he got both goals in the victory over Stoke City, albeit climbing off the deck to hammer home a penalty to clinch the three points, puts Clint Dempsey in good stead to take our man-of-the-match accolade.

Dempsey, often played out of position, is one of those players who, invariably, gives his best and more than pleases his manager.

Following the win on Saturday, Mark Hughes praised Clint but also showed that one mans good fortunes is another mans bad fortune, commenting,

"Clint`s been great for me since I came here. He` shad an impact in every game he`s played. It`s been hard on Zoltan Gera because I`ve chosen Clint ahead of him, but because Clint`s done so well for me it`s been unfortunate for him."

Clint, in our opinion, remains one of the unsung members of our squad and it`s always surprised me why he`s never been a target for the so-called bigger clubs in the division.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229436#ixzz1ByYEjDa1

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229435

Fulham - Oxlade-Chamberlian Not Coming!
Any faint hopes Fulham had of pulling off a coup seem to be dying quick.

Mentioned as a possible destination for the exciting young prospect at Southampton, Mark Oxlade-Chamberlain, it now looks as if the youngster will be moving to another part of the capital, Arsenal.

Reports are coming through that the £10 million rated youngster has opted to join Arsene Wenger, however, those same reports suggest that the move will not go through until after the youngster has played for Southampton in the FA Cup 4th round this weekend against Manchester United/

Who said the romance of the FA Cup is dying?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229435#ixzz1ByYQLDM1

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229437

Fulham - Duff`s Not For Sale!
On Saturday, Damien Duff was instrumental in Fulham brushing aside a very physical Stoke side.

The Irishman had one of his best games in a Fulham shirt for many a month and providing he can stay clear of any injury, he could be the focal point as far as Fulham climbing the Premier League table goes.

After the clash with Stoke, Mark Hughes spoke about Duff recalling a call he took from his previous club about a possible return to the north-west,

"I think Blackburn were trying to get in touch with me two or three weeks ago to see if there was any possibility of getting Damien but I didn`t even take the call. So that tells you my answer."

Besides, don`t they advise you to never go back?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229437#ixzz1ByYdEE8Y

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229439

Fulham - Change of Atmosphere!
It was noticeable how results in recent weeks have seen a change in atmosphere at Craven Cottage.

The disenchanted few who were barracking Mark Hughes have been silenced by the team producing better performances ad getting better results.

Hopefully, it is a scenario that will last and over the next few months we can climb the Premier League table.

Speaking about our change in fortunes, Mark had this to say in his post match interview,

"All we have needed is to get key players back. We were playing reasonably well, we all felt that."

"But we weren`t getting any results. It wasn`t good enough in those terms; we just needed a cutting edge. In recent matches we`ve been able to add that."

Now when our Bobby gets back, watch us really go!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229439#ixzz1ByYp1KYI

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229441

Should Fulham sign O'Hara?
It appears that Jamie O'Hara has realised his footballing career needs to move on from Spurs.

Many of us on this site, including myself, have commented on having him as the ideal replacement for Danny Murphy.

I know we have Steve Sidwell but I am still inclined to say that I think to bring Jamie to the Cottage would be a massive coup.

He is young and dynamic and can play both in centre midfield and on the left.

With Shaun on the right, our potential midfield could be O'Hara on the left, Sidwell and Etuhu in the middle and Wright-Phillips on the right. Or would he be best in the centre?

I`m not bothered either way, but I think Hughes needs to get in there quick.

Your thoughts please?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=229441#ixzz1ByYzHOCi