watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin...how did this happen.

Started by jarv, March 20, 2024, 08:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 20, 2024, 06:03:24 PMSaw a similar incident when Carvalho was tempted by the lure of Liverpool. He has barely been picked and now resides in Championship Hull. I firmly believe he has regrets about that career choice and Tosin will too.

When Fulham were struggling playing lethargic football at the start of the season, he saw this was not where to be and was interested in Tottenham's approaches, so he failed to renew his contract. Now he must surely see, being in THIS club as a first choice centre back with Fulham beating the types of teams he may have wished to play for, rather than go to one of these "glamour" clubs and soon be in the reserves or irregularly featuring.

One hopes Tosin sees the sense it makes to stay here. If not, it was nice knowing you but don't let the door hit you on the backside.
Yeah true but Fab's not built for the premier league whereas Tosin definitely is

Wherever he goes he will do well

peachcobbler

Quote from: WindyCity on March 20, 2024, 02:55:02 PMAdarabioyo needs to sign paper.  I don't know what his problem is with FFC.  He's well liked here, has been first choice for some time now, and is forming a great tandem along with Bassey.  Playing in a top league, on a team that looks mid table, on a team who has beaten the likes of ManU, Arsenal and Spurs, and is pressing for European play.  What's not to like.  I suspect he has a very high opinion of himself (as related by Tim Ream) and if he chooses incorrectly, he might not even find himself first choice wherever he lands.  From what I've heard/read, FFC is tendering a new and very much improved contract, they like him and want to see him stay at CC.  Just sign already!!

"Pressing for Europe" we are like a 10/1 to finish in a place that isn't even guaranteed a spot in Europe yet, and it would be conference.... what are you talking about? People are connecting Tosin to Champions League sides...

Drewry66

I think he is just seeing how things pan out and he has every right to do so. This is a big decision for him at 26 as at 26 it may be his last big move with a 4 year contract. By all accounts we are currently making an offer to make him one of the highest earners at the club. If true and he does stay it has paid off waiting then.

Not sure why many think he is desperate to go. Sure when it was assumed he was going recently he or his agent said that is not the case and that all options including starting at Fulham are on the table didn't they? He could have signed a pre contract with a foreign club since Jan and hasn't yet (unless done in secret) so got to at least be a positive sign.

He has said in interviews he believes he can play at a high level and for England. He may be waiting to see how we finish the season and also what guarantees there are for summer recruitment as we could be that high level! The way we are playing is a massive positive for keeping him so we need to keep it going. If we finish strong, keep this team together and spend £80 million on top with Marco staying he will probably feel like most of us do we can really challenge top 7. This will put him right up there playing week in and week out for England call ups. Look at Dunk for example if we can get to Brighton levels. If he sees all of this with the bumper contract on top I still think he could sign.

For me if he doesn't he's a bit mad. I have always thought he was quality and defended him when many were saying he wasn't that good as recently as last year. If he thinks he's going to start for a champions league club every weak however I think he's pushing it. He is a guaranteed starter with Bassey playing as well as they have and if he believes we can push top 7 that is his ticket to the England team so I wouldn't be surprised if he is certainly at least considering staying.

btffc

If I had to guess that would mean the offer is around 100k/week with a decent loyalty bonus which is likely as high as we are willing to go. If he doesn't take that then there is not much more we can do. I don't think he is so good that he is worth breaking our wage structure over.

Really hope he signs that.

ElRay

If he's really willing to test himself at a higher level I think he's probably willing to accept a lower offer than what we're putting on the table as I can't see him getting £100k per week at a top 6 club.

I think he's a good player but I'm sure he knows he's a more appealing proposition to top sides as a free agent, but as with most free agents they're more likely to be cost effective board signings rather than a handpicked managerial target. So game time might be a struggle especially with managerial changes at potentially 3 of the top 6 this summer. Right now he looks like he could be a good pick up for Man Utd on a free with all their CB problems, better option than Evans for sure, but if a new manager comes in and Tosin is signed on a free will they even want him.

He's been performing consistently this season but if he did have a 2/3 year contract would you be worried a top club would be coming in with a big bid? Because I can't say I would be. Let's not forget his original contract also had a release clause which was never activated, low fee of around £10mil I believe. So clearly he's always fancied an easy out for a step up ever since he joined the club back in 2020, but it looks like the interest is never there.

filham

Several big clubs rumoured to be interested in Tosin, he must be saying to himself "I could regret not taking this opportunity, what have I to lose".

Yorkie_FFC

I was thinking about this earlier this week, when you think about the value of the player, if you were to put a monetary figure on it, you would be talking at least £30million if he was under contract. Harry Maguire at a similar age to Tosin went from Leicester to Man United for £50million plus add ons, granted by that point Maguire was capped by England and in regular good form without too many known mistakes that he has shown in the recent past. Tosin and Maguire are of similar build both height wise and strength. Currently Tosin is on a reported £40,577 a week approx £2.1million a year Harry Maguire is on a reported £190,000 a year approx £9.8million a year.

I am not in the know regarding contract negotiations however Maguire is nowhere near a £7.8 million a year better player. It would be great to know what we have put down on the table but if we looked at the "replacement value" to get a similar player of Tosin £20 million would be a steal in today's market. If that was offered as a wage over 3 seasons you would be offering him circa £128k a week over 3 years. We would get a Tosin value player for in effect a free transfer or free wages however if you look at it.     

Cambridge Away

He probably wants to move back up north (to Liverpool or Utd). Other than a year at West Brom (and us) he has always lived in the north. I imagine he has his people mostly up there

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 20, 2024, 11:54:38 AMWe got him cheap cheap so if he stays then great, but if he goes then we did well to get in at that price. His choice to go not the clubs at the end of the day.

This is my take. It was worth playing him even if he doesn't stay because he's been such a great partner to Bassey and by preventing goals being conceded we may finish higher in the league table and get a bigger fee for doing so.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on March 21, 2024, 10:33:04 AMSeveral big clubs rumoured to be interested in Tosin, he must be saying to himself "I could regret not taking this opportunity, what have I to lose".

Same as with Carvalho, the difference is Tosin is more established as a Premier League player.