watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin...how did this happen.

Started by jarv, March 20, 2024, 08:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

How/why was he allowed to run down his contract?  I am always surprised when this happens to players in good form and current demand.  Is he just digging in his heels and looking for more money elsewhere? Were Fulham management asleep at the wheel?

Twig

Why do you think we "allowed" him to run down his contract. It is well documented that he was offered a new, improved contract (even he has said as much) but he decided he wanted to move on. That is his right and he cannot be forced to sign a new contract. As to his reasoning; well you would have to ask him. More money, playing for a top six team, a chance to be selected for international duty, the lure of fame, a chance to relocate to a preferred geography, an opportunity to play for a team/manager he rates highly etc. There are many reasons why he might choose to move but very, very unlikely that Fulham management were "asleep at the wheel".

hovewhite

On tosin I have to give the club there due,as they have been trying even silva recently said he has been trying since he arrived  for 2 years.
Now apparently we have made another large offer which is with his agent.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I am tired of people coming on here and suggesting that we are 'losing' Tosin.
It has been well reported that he appears to be determined to leave and although frustrating as has been said above it is his choice. In early interviews he gave the impression that he was ambitious and it is his right to choose who he plays for if they are prepared to give him a contract.

filham

While it is right that players should be given the opportunity to change clubs when their contract expire something is not right when their club gets no compensation.
Yes , it sounds as if Fulham have done everything possible to try to keep Tosin but he thinks he is destined for the big time.

Benny

You can't make a player sign a contract if he doesn't want to for whatever reason

As much as i love Tosin and would love to keep him, I don't want players that don't want to be at the club either.

Tosin has not spoken about the situation so it's unclear if he wants to stay or go

H4usuallysitting

It was rumoured he was off to Monaco, and wouldn't sign a new contract..... he'll do what's right for him - he's playing regular prem football.... similar to Robinson, everyone thought he was leaving & he signed a new contract

bill taylors apprentice

You say "How/why was he allowed to run down his contract" and "I am always surprised when this happens to players"

I'm also surprised when people make these comments because we know the club has made several offers and so far he's not signed.

Time has allowed him to run his contract down nothing else.

If you have inside knowledge of this and questioning the amount offered or the deal in general then fine but unless you know what's on the table how can the club be accused of allowing him to run his contract down?

Maybe it's his way of getting the best deal, maybe he fancies a change to a bigger team, we don't know but we do know MS and the club wants him to re sign.

SuffolkWhite

We got him cheap cheap so if he stays then great, but if he goes then we did well to get in at that price. His choice to go not the clubs at the end of the day.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ianthailand

Tosin is gambling on his footballing future if he goes to a Liverpool or Spurs. He will likely be 3rd or 4th choice at these clubs. They only want him because he's cheap and they can turn a profit in a year or so. Fulham players have a history of disasters when transferring to Spurs and Fabio's move to Liverpool has been a great mistake. I hope he thinks it through and makes the right decision for his career.

JimmyConway

Quote from: jarv on March 20, 2024, 08:54:10 AMHow/why was he allowed to run down his contract?  I am always surprised when this happens to players in good form and current demand.  Is he just digging in his heels and looking for more money elsewhere? Were Fulham management asleep at the wheel?
You need to look no further than the agent !!

Roberty

He's gambling that he will not get a career ending injury before he signs for a new club or that he does not have a hitherto undetected problem that would mean that he fails a medical.

Some you win and some you lose.

This is an FFC supporters forum - why do we so often blame our club?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Carborundum

What he is gambling on is that he avoids a career threatening injury between now and signing on the dotted line of his next contract.  Simply that.  Those are thankfully very rare but they do happen.

Assuming he signs with someone, he's set for life financially speaking.  So where does he want to live, who does he want to play for and with, how much pitch time all come into play.  Trophies and international competition and recognition too. 

The club hasn't missed a trick.  It's done a very good job of improving him.

If he does sign a contract with us, my guess would be that the ability to play with Calvin Bassey that will hold some sway.  CBs work as a pair and those two are highly effective together.  Put him with a different CB and he might look to have regressed.  He knows that.

Bassey's a better CB than he is, no shame there.  Deep down he probably knows that too.  If he goes we take on two new CBs and find out which works better with Bassey. 

Angus Telford

I read a credible rumour that we'd actually only made one contract offer so far:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-transfer-news-tosin-adarabioyo-exclusive-b1131897.html#:~:text=Standard%20Sport%20understands%20Fulham%20have,with%20improved%20personal%20terms%20imminently.

I don't see how anyone can criticise the club when we don't know the facts but that cuts both ways - you also can't criticise the player or say there's nothing more the club could do, without knowing the facts.

I will keep my powder dry until the summer. If he goes to Milan, Monaco or Spurs I'll be inclined to assume we just couldn't match the pull of Champions' League football, but if he ends up somewhere like Brighton that'll reflect very poorly on the club...

WindyCity

Adarabioyo needs to sign paper.  I don't know what his problem is with FFC.  He's well liked here, has been first choice for some time now, and is forming a great tandem along with Bassey.  Playing in a top league, on a team that looks mid table, on a team who has beaten the likes of ManU, Arsenal and Spurs, and is pressing for European play.  What's not to like.  I suspect he has a very high opinion of himself (as related by Tim Ream) and if he chooses incorrectly, he might not even find himself first choice wherever he lands.  From what I've heard/read, FFC is tendering a new and very much improved contract, they like him and want to see him stay at CC.  Just sign already!!

Southcoastffc

Perhaps it would be a good idea to imagine things from Tosin's perspective.  I stress imagine - I have no idea what his thoughts are but he's 26 years old, from Manchester, has done very very well in progressing his football career via Manchester, West Bromwich, Blackburn and London. Is it unreasonable that he might want, for example, to move overseas - France, Italy, Germany or beyond Europe - and continue playing football in a different environment?   Whatever he decides, good luck to him.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

demeant0r

I don't know why but I've a strong sense that he's going to sign a new contract with us this international break. He's not called up to any international team so I think Marco and co are going to try and convince him to stay.

Nick Bateman

Saw a similar incident when Carvalho was tempted by the lure of Liverpool. He has barely been picked and now resides in Championship Hull. I firmly believe he has regrets about that career choice and Tosin will too.

When Fulham were struggling playing lethargic football at the start of the season, he saw this was not where to be and was interested in Tottenham's approaches, so he failed to renew his contract. Now he must surely see, being in THIS club as a first choice centre back with Fulham beating the types of teams he may have wished to play for, rather than go to one of these "glamour" clubs and soon be in the reserves or irregularly featuring.

One hopes Tosin sees the sense it makes to stay here. If not, it was nice knowing you but don't let the door hit you on the backside.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Southcoastffc

FWIW a scout I know has stated unambiguously that Fabio Carvalho's brother, who is his agent, is an absolute (expletive deleted) idiot who has messed up Fabio big time.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

He was also out of favor with Marco for a considerable amount of time if I remember right