Yes - Europa League (7th)
2 (2.6%)
Yes - Conference league (8th)
20 (26.3%)
No
54 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 76

ffcthereligion

Seen a lot of murmurings of Europe on the board in recent days so thought why not take a poll to assess the mood. We are currently playing very well and are just 4 points off 8th place, which is likely to ensure European football next season due to the changes in FIFA rules. What do you think?

Hatch007

I think we have every chance of finishing 8th given our current form and fit squad going in to the International break.

Have to hope no key starters pick up an injury whilst away representing their country.

If we hang on to all our players bar  Tosin who looks likely to leave (really hope Tete re-signs and would love Bobby to also but believe Stansfield can cover him next season if necessary), with a couple more additions during the summer I believe we have a squad that could compete in the PL and in Europe.

hongkongfulham

I want to believe and so I shall - 8th.

H4usuallysitting

It sounds like within the club, Europe is the ambition...so - why not

FFC In Oz

I don't think so.

A couple of teams too many in the way.

I'd rather have a strong summer and rebuild for a tilt at the Europa or Conference League next season

Thailand Mick

I think the thing that makes it possible is non of the teams immediately ahead of us are performing that great. Wolves are the only ones to win three out of their last five matches.

gmosullivan

Would love to see us qualify for the conference league (and of course Europa) as I see it a perfect stepping stone to get European experience and build on the team. Unfortunately being the team that we are, the bigger teams are coming in like vultures for our best players who I also feel might not thrive in other environments as they have at Fulham under Marco. This being said, for the 1st time since I can remember, we have started demanding (and even achieving) proper transfer fees for our players. If they come in for Robinson at 35+ million, we can use that to our advantage and look for players that Marco wants and feels he can develop. If Muniz scores another 5+ goals in the remaining matches, it could cause problems for us holding on to him, he´s 22 and showing massive potential in the league, I hope his buyout clause is high enough. Overall, I trust in Marco, however, if we sell Paliñha, Robinson and and any others (god forbid Muniz), my main concern is getting the new players to gel together in time for the start of the new season. Overall, our current trajectory is very positive under Marco and definitely increasing our profile for beating bigger teams, developing quality players and getting fair and sizeable transfer fees for our players. Long may it last!!

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 20, 2024, 11:11:59 AMI think the thing that makes it possible is non of the teams immediately ahead of us are performing that great. Wolves are the only ones to win three out of their last five matches.

Don't you mean lucky Wolves

Benny

Might help keep a couple of players and the manager......

Angus Telford

Hmmm funnily enough I got told on here a few days the Europe talk was "non-existent" and I was making it up.

We'll need an absolute minimum of 5 wins, probably 6 wins, from 9 remaining games even to make 8th. We'd need to be playing like a top 3 team for the rest of the season, in other words. Just not gonna happen unfortunately.

52 pts (last season's tally) is Marco's stated objective for the remainder of this season.

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 20, 2024, 01:17:24 PMWe'll need an absolute minimum of 5 wins, probably 6 wins, from 9 remaining games even to make 8th. We'd need to be playing like a top 3 team for the rest of the season, in other words. Just not gonna happen unfortunately.

That's probably right, and for context, means we'd have to have a better finish than in the great escape of 07/08

Lots of teams ahead of us who are all still picking up wins (on and off), and all have at least one game in hand over us

Miracles happen though!

Sgt Fulham

No left it too late I reckon. If we had had the full squad available for the whole season then we would already be up there, though.

filham

No, sorry, that is too big an ask. To finish above Chelsea and in the top half of the premier league would be a great achievement

Rupert

As the old joke goes, we will be in Europe next year...

...if there's a war.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on March 20, 2024, 02:36:07 PMTo finish above Chelsea and in the top half of the premier league would be a great achievement

That would make me a very happy camper.......

Thailand Mick

If all the teams above us continue their form from the last five games until the end of the season this will be their points total.
7th  Wolves    59
8th  West Ham  58
9th  Brighton  56
10th Chelsea   56
11th Fulham    54
12th Newcastle 54

Wolves have to play Villa, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, West Ham.
West Ham have to play Newcastle, Spurs, Wolves, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Fulham.
Brighton have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle, Man Utd.

Black and White Town

Can't see it happening this season, but would be amazing.

Jim©

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on March 20, 2024, 02:02:40 PM
Quote from: Angus Telford on March 20, 2024, 01:17:24 PMWe'll need an absolute minimum of 5 wins, probably 6 wins, from 9 remaining games even to make 8th. We'd need to be playing like a top 3 team for the rest of the season, in other words. Just not gonna happen unfortunately.

That's probably right, and for context, means we'd have to have a better finish than in the great escape of 07/08

Lots of teams ahead of us who are all still picking up wins (on and off), and all have at least one game in hand over us

Miracles happen though!

Our last 6 form has us in 4th place behind Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal.Our last 10 form has us behind those three plus Man Utd and Wolves- two teams that we've played very recently.

So, on paper we're already up there performance wise, but think we'll miss out purely because of that horrible 15 minute spell we had against Wolves. How we lost that game, I will never know.

WindyCity

Quote from: Jim© on March 20, 2024, 03:35:24 PMHow we lost that (Wolves) game, I will never know.

I'm still scratching my head and disappointed about how we dropped two games v Chelsea.  We didn't even score a goal in the set.  I just don't think Chelsea is a very good team this season, thought we should have done much better.......

YankeeJim

Four points back, nine to play and they all have a game in hand, Not gonna happen.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.