watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man City vs Arsenal - A Refereeing Masterclass

Started by Brawn, March 31, 2024, 05:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

Take note, PGMOL: Anthony Taylor has (so far) refereed the game brilliantly, not brandishing cards at every opportunity, allowing the game to flow rather than blowing for every single bit of contact, and communicating with the players well.

Now, compare that to, ooh, I don't know, Rebecca Welsh's rubbish performance when we played Burnley at the Cottage...

btffc

I think he has gone far too lenient and is bordering on losing control

sarnian

Quote from: Brawn on March 31, 2024, 05:43:29 PMTake note, PGMOL: Anthony Taylor has (so far) refereed the game brilliantly, not brandishing cards at every opportunity, allowing the game to flow rather than blowing for every single bit of contact, and communicating with the players well.

Now, compare that to, ooh, I don't know, Rebecca Welsh's rubbish performance when we played Burnley at the Cottage...

Think Taylor is dreadful. Fulham v Burnley and we would see at least 8 booked.  A booking is a booking whether it be a top 3 side or a bottom three.  No consistency which annoys players and spectators alike.

Brawn

I agree we want consistency, but I'd like more refereeing performances like this one.

Watford_fc

Being from Manchester probably didn't want to be seen as pro or anti City so did nothing .

Was waiting for some VAR drama though .

Might have livened things up however !

Motspur

Sat watching the game at home with my son and we both said if it was Fulham playing there would have been numerous yellow cards for the fouls involved and definitely a yellow card brandished to Palhinha. All we want is consistency but the referees don't seem to be any where close to meeting a consistent level. Plus is obvious that with VAR in operation and when Anthony Taylor or Michael Oliver are officiating, no other referee on the Premier list operating VAR is going to contradict their decision or send them to the screen.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Motspur on March 31, 2024, 08:12:17 PMSat watching the game at home with my son and we both said if it was Fulham playing there would have been numerous yellow cards for the fouls involved and definitely a yellow card brandished to Palhinha. All we want is consistency but the referees don't seem to be any where close to meeting a consistent level. Plus is obvious that with VAR in operation and when Anthony Taylor or Michael Oliver are officiating, no other referee on the Premier list operating VAR is going to contradict their decision or send them to the screen.

Quite true Motspur. I've seen Taylor administer matches like an ego-maniac, brandishing red cards willy-nilly ruining many a game, but when it comes to his beloved Arsenal no cards in sight even for repeat offenders. Yet place Fulham in the same scenario we would be lucky to have 10 men committing exactly the same fouls they did.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Watford_fc

Quote from: Motspur on March 31, 2024, 08:12:17 PMSat watching the game at home with my son and we both said if it was Fulham playing there would have been numerous yellow cards for the fouls involved and definitely a yellow card brandished to Palhinha. All we want is consistency but the referees don't seem to be any where close to meeting a consistent level. Plus is obvious that with VAR in operation and when Anthony Taylor or Michael Oliver are officiating, no other referee on the Premier list operating VAR is going to contradict their decision or send them to the screen.
:welcome1:

True I agree some refs probably have more power than others but not sure there was anything for VAR to get involved in tbh .

Sure could have been more bookings but nothing that would be a straight red or penalty shouts etc .

AJW48361

Done our Home 1-1  with Wolves on a  Friday last season thought he was atrocious killed the Game has a spectacle.Couldn't name you a good premier league Referee.

kiwian

Quote from: Brawn on March 31, 2024, 05:43:29 PMTake note, PGMOL: Anthony Taylor has (so far) refereed the game brilliantly, not brandishing cards at every opportunity, allowing the game to flow rather than blowing for every single bit of contact, and communicating with the players well.

I have just watched our playoff win v Villa in 2018, and Jim was going off his head at Taylor's inconsistency, especially where Grealish was involved. Even though I knew the result, it was a fantastic game to watch, Kamara was a beast.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?