watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I believe Marco Silva does not watch Fulham's games

Started by Nick Bateman, April 08, 2024, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Quote from: filham on April 08, 2024, 09:43:39 PMThat left sided attacking triangle of Cairney/Willian/Robinson is outstanding and should be used as long as all three players are fit. Silver doesn't seem to recognise that.

Agree, however Saturday they never really clicked and were quite slow and ponderous especially first half.

Nick Bateman

It was a bit pedantic which was why Silva showed a lack of patience and took off some of his best players inc. TC. But we were in near total control, Muniz should have scored an easy chance, and then Silva pressed the panic button and opened the game up. Where was our defensive midfielder Lukic when Guimares scored from unmarked on the edge of the box??
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 08, 2024, 10:28:02 PMIt was a bit pedantic which was why Silva showed a lack of patience and took off some of his best players inc. TC. But we were in near total control, Muniz should have scored an easy chance, and then Silva pressed the panic button and opened the game up. Where was our defensive midfielder Lukic when Guimares scored from unmarked on the edge of the box??
Palhinha was the nearest Fulham player, could have done better.

Jem

To say he does not review the match afterwards is pure conjecture. We don't see all that goes on in training. We don't know the full medical condition of the players. Maybe Tom's knees will only last for so many minutes etc..
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

_Putney_

Cairney might not have had his best second half, but who did? They all looked tired, even the subs that came on.

_Putney_

Quote from: Jem on April 09, 2024, 08:16:20 AMTo say he does not review the match afterwards is pure conjecture. We don't see all that goes on in training. We don't know the full medical condition of the players. Maybe Tom's knees will only last for so many minutes etc..

My mate, Dean, who's cousin works at the Sainsbury's where one of the Motspur Park groundsmen sometimes goes, can confirm that it may or may not be true that Marco doesn't review the match.

Beamer

I was far more disappointed that we did not seem to recognise that Castagne was constantly left trying to cope with Gordon and subsequently Barnes down their left with no real defensive support which gave the wingers the opportunity to either go down the outside or cut inside without running into other white shirts. Palhinha is the only truly defensively minded player in the starting side (ahead of the backline) and it was clear that our midfield did not seem to see the acres of space which allowed Gordon and Barnes far too much time and space in which to operate. The desire to get back and cover just did not seem to be there.
The intensity levels which our system demands do not seem to have been there in the last 3 matches and in each game the opposition has just seemed to want it more. Maybe the safe mid-ish table position has taken the edge off.

ashteadFFC

I thought we lost control of the midfield when Marco made the 3 changes. Seemed to upset the rhythm of the team and enabled Bruno to step up. Cairney does enable us to control the game well. This is certainly an area we need to to invest in this summer.

Jim©

I wholeheartedly believe that Nick Bateman "knows almost f*** all about his footie"

FreiBird

There is nothing surprising in the least knowledgeable people here claiming they know something about the team that Silva doesn't.

FreiBird

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 08, 2024, 10:28:02 PMIt was a bit pedantic which was why Silva showed a lack of patience and took off some of his best players inc. TC. But we were in near total control, Muniz should have scored an easy chance, and then Silva pressed the panic button and opened the game up. Where was our defensive midfielder Lukic when Guimares scored from unmarked on the edge of the box??

hahahaha if you needed any more confirmation that someone has never kicked a ball in their life.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Jim© on April 09, 2024, 03:27:58 PMI wholeheartedly believe that Nick Bateman "knows almost f*** all about his footie"
Quote from: FreiBird on April 11, 2024, 02:07:14 AMhahahaha if you needed any more confirmation that someone has never kicked a ball in their life.

Who let children on this board?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Jim©

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 08, 2024, 10:28:02 PMWhere was our defensive midfielder Lukic when Guimares scored from unmarked on the edge of the box??

"Defensive midfielder Lukic"??!?!? Do you watch Fulham much Nick? And you have the temerity to call me a child when my kids at least know what positions our players fill.

WindyCity

Quote from: _Putney_ on April 09, 2024, 08:33:52 AM
Quote from: Jem on April 09, 2024, 08:16:20 AMTo say he does not review the match afterwards is pure conjecture. We don't see all that goes on in training. We don't know the full medical condition of the players. Maybe Tom's knees will only last for so many minutes etc..

My mate, Dean, who's cousin works at the Sainsbury's where one of the Motspur Park groundsmen sometimes goes, can confirm that it may or may not be true that Marco doesn't review the match.

Hilarious!!   :slap:  :slap:  :slap:

Willham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 08, 2024, 05:21:57 PMMarco Silva is on the touchline like a prowling lion, pacing up and down and outside his technical area and from this ground level angle makes judgements of what changes to make. His new "tactic" is to make wholesale changes of 3 subs all in one go.

Whilst it was the right thing to do in the Sheffield game when he picked a dreadful team, he devastated the right team in the game against Newcastle.

I believe he does not review the match afterwards as he is constantly making the same mistakes and underrating our best players, as in Tom Cairney in particular.

Every TV commentary I've heard when Cairney is on the pitch they praise him for how he makes Fulham control the game and flow better. They even have said they do not know why he doesn't get more game time. Yet somehow Silva does not give credit to the intelligent link play TC makes. He also seems to have a telepathic understanding with Willian, who again Fulham look worse without.

Andreas Pereiera is selected for every match yet contrubutes very little. He gives the ball away a lot, shoots from ridiculous distances, he may take the odd decent corner but often does not, or takes a short one which is a complete waste of time and annoys our excellent aerial threat with the big centre backs waiting in vain in the box. Yet Silva plays AP ahead of Cairney and our club captain is more on the bench than on the pitch.

This is one of the reasons for our slump in form. Silva making knee-jerk decisions, showing overreactive impatience and making bad choices.

He has to review the matches and spot which players are producing very little, and which ones are our best. He should also stop taking off Jaoa Palhinha as he is a star and capable of scoring late on.

It's very small defensive margins that I see the is the differences,

I wish I could find it but I've searched the Internet and couldn't, tbh I was struggling with how to even search it, but anyway here goes (I hope someone else remembers this to back me up, please tell me if you do)

I remember in the prem jovanovic era (short I know) their was a segment of analysis that showed the very many times cairney was at fault for goals during the barrage we took and it was very interesting because it would literally be one small step taken either in the wrong direction or just literally 2 or 3 seconds too late, it was mostly when tracking back covering a player coming into the box, and he'd slow down a touch or just wait a moment before following the man giving them the edge and we got punished over and over again.

Now I am not saying cairney is the same man as before, and with our current system that's a much less likely scenario for cairney to find himself in, but I bring this up to show what I mean about the finer margins, the segment showed such a small minor movement that affected games so massively, how many of those finer moments further away from the goal happen? Many and most never get highlighted, I feel pereira gives us many of these moments, many more than most, and it's not the fault of his that the team didn't capitalise which would have shone a bigger light on these moments. Nd there's stats to show this, as pereira has contributed so many goal opportunities, I can't remember the stat exactly in the overall Premier league but he was very high, which was one of the reasons he got his call up to the Brazil squad.