Started by Nick Bateman, April 21, 2024, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EN1 FFC

Quote from: ffcne on April 22, 2024, 09:15:18 AMMy opinion
First one no penalty .
The handball penalty.
Foul on Hudson Odoi penalty.
That's the way I saw it too
1st not enough contact to make him collapse and he played for the penalty, but I've seen them given. No penalty
2nd Stopped a cross going to a Forest player in a scoring position, arm was away from body making it a larger target and from Youngs reaction I think he knew he got away with it. Penalty
3rd Young went through the Forest player, made no contact with the ball and stopped the player advancing to have a scoring opportunity. Penalty

YankeeJim

Not to highjack the tread, but does anyone on here believe that VAR has improved either the refs decisions or the fan experience?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: perry geyton on April 21, 2024, 09:23:37 PMMight also have something too do with them not wanting Everton to go down considering the premier league took points from them twice this season and have done F all regarding massive clubs like Man City etc.

If Everton were to go down there would be a massive out cry

Then perhaps they should have stayed within the FFP rules a little more. I thought I read someplace that their deficit from 2018-2021 was over 300M quid! Seriously? The only question I would have on that was perhaps the PL might have taken notice a little sooner, and looked to have something in place like a review on a 2 year level with advice and warning that they would be scrutinized upon year three.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

EN1 FFC

Quote from: Logicalman on April 22, 2024, 10:13:08 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on April 21, 2024, 09:23:37 PMMight also have something too do with them not wanting Everton to go down considering the premier league took points from them twice this season and have done F all regarding massive clubs like Man City etc.

Then perhaps they should have stayed within the FFP rules a little more. I thought I read someplace that their deficit from 2018-2021 was over 300M quid! Seriously? The only question I would have on that was perhaps the PL might have taken notice a little sooner, and looked to have something in place like a review on a 2 year level with advice and warning that they would be scrutinized upon year three.

As far as I know the PL informed them over the 2 years prior that they would breach the rules, but they ignored the warning and kept spending, only in the last season have they tried and failed to get the overspend down.

mrmicawbers

Can we start next season by ditching VAR?Thought it was meant to help teams not in the top 6 has had the exact opposite effect.Naive to think that might have been the case.

Hatch007

It won't happen but I would scrap VAR for all decisions save for off-side that should be a matter of fact rather than subjective. VAR even manage to bugger that occasionally, however.

It is just me or or do the VAR officials seem even more reluctant this season than ever before to overturn the onfield refs?

bill taylors apprentice

The use of VAR especially in the PL is flawed due to the human interpretation that goes with it.

The disallowed goal for Coventry at the weekend was a shame but was purely a human interpreting a computerised decision.
Like it or not and assuming the tech is correctly set up, it was a simple and correct decision.
As in cricket, did the ball pitch in line or not, the line is drawn and the human gives what he sees.

But asking someone to give their opinion on what they see or judge the intent of a player's action from afar risks confusion and error IMO.
They are trying to make VAR solve everything and the beauty of sport and especially football is its not like painting by numbers and has so many variables.

As for Forest, I sympathise but they are wrong in their behaviour.

Watford_fc

Quote from: Hatch007 on April 23, 2024, 07:56:57 AMIt won't happen but I would scrap VAR for all decisions save for off-side that should be a matter of fact rather than subjective. VAR even manage to bugger that occasionally, however.

It is just me or or do the VAR officials seem even more reluctant this season than ever before to overturn the onfield refs?

And the on field refs won't go against the VAR either !

What a waste of time .

VAR has actually made the relationship between officials and others much worse plus probably given them the feeling they are undermined each each as anyone would if someone was told they have done something wrong which in their view wasn't.

Bill2

Quote from: Angus Telford on April 21, 2024, 09:29:38 PM

City's case is much more historical and complex, it's been made clear all along that it'll take longer to resolve. If they're ultimately let off then yes there may be outcry at that stage but as it stands, it's quite possible they'll get some Juventus level sort of sanction.
Taking too long and I think they are hoping people will have forgotten what it is all about. I have my reasons but are probably libelous.

sarnian

Quote from: Hatch007 on April 23, 2024, 07:56:57 AMIt won't happen but I would scrap VAR for all decisions save for off-side that should be a matter of fact rather than subjective. VAR even manage to bugger that occasionally, however.

No VAR in championship with the result Leeds scored a blatant offside goal last night.